:: The Academy Animated Awards :: (The Nines - The Hustla Within the Shell...)

Don Watermeleon 08-25-2006 10:18 PM
How can you call Keel Lorenz a villain? All we ever see him do is sit in a chair and talk. The real Evangelion villains are the Angels. And you have too many Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex villains. After all, they are two seasons.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 12:01 PM
(click on the picture for a better view)

:: The 2006 Academy Animated Awards ::

If you haven't notice or are just coming into the Ailesberry Farm Forum now, you will notice I just posted 25 (this counting as 26) new entires up the wazzo for all the categories of the Academy Animated Awards (or its new nickname, the Nines).

I'd like to thank ol' boy Krang for help me with this, along with Trisa. And like the thread title, the votes are ready and come and get your vote on.

I've also made some changes for last year's event too. Just case you're new around here and don't know what's up, you can check out which anime series won what last year and more precisely, who won what as well.

There will be more edits throughout the day, so enjoy the Nines and get your vote on. Smile

P.S. - Thanks again for the poster, Trisa. It's magnificant!
Peace.
Asirt 08-30-2006 01:14 PM
Nine Kuze 09-01-2006 04:06 PM
I love how when I start the AAA's, hardly anyone comes by the Ailesberry Forum anymore. Big Grin Pleased

Oh wait, wrong smilicons.

I meant these ones: Frown Crying
Much better.

But really, with all seriousness aside, I've been doing some updates on the threads as some of you may have noticed.

- I've added some profiles for all the character threads (Male, Female, Supporting Male/Female, Villian) so from Alan Gabriel to Edward Elric, you get to know a little somethin'-somethin' about the 20 characters being nominated.

- I've added descriptions to the the Anime Picture, Motion Picture, Manga, and Video Game threads as well.

- I also hooked up the Best Series, Action Series, and Dramatic Series with the same touchups.

- In the Best Original Theme thread, I put up links to some YouTube AMV's so you can check out the song that are nominated (unlike on adult swim, these play out the entire song).

So, as some have already done, you can start hating... now. And don't forget, most importantly to get your vote on as well.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 11-03-2006 02:37 AM
Hey, everybody. Just wanted to let everyone know that the AAA's start next week, on November 10th, and that the last day to vote for the categories will be on Thursday, November 9th.

So if you haven't voted yet in some (or... all) the categories, make sure to give yourself the time to do so. And thanks again for participating.

Just for the sake of simplicity, you can get to the links of the categories listed below.

quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Academy Animated Awards Categories:

- Best Series
- Best Director
- Best Action Series
- Best Dramatic Series
- Best Male Character
- Best Female Character
- Best Supporting Male Character
- Best Supporting Female Character
- Best Villain Character
- Best Cinematography
- Best Animated Direction
- Best Editing
- Best Screenplay
- Best Storyline
- Best Character Design
- Best Visual Effects
- Best English Voice Acting
- Best Foreign Voice Acting
- Best Anime Picture
- Best Motion Picture
- Best Manga
- Best Video Game
- Best Original Score
- Best Original Theme
- Best Sound

And now that I have your attention for a minute or, I can at least pretend I do anyway, I wanted to get your take on two issues I've been thinking about.

One, with most anime series being in the genre of action in the first place, would getting rid of the "Best Dramatic Series" be a good idea?

And two, instead of limiting the "Best Anime Picture" category to just anime movies, how does including all animated films sound?

I've been toying around with these for a while now and if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, I'd really appreicate your comments on the two subjects.

...Don't forget to vote!
Peace.
Asirt 11-04-2006 06:40 PM
My take:

quote:
One, with most anime series being in the genre of action in the first place, would getting rid of the "Best Dramatic Series" be a good idea?

No. I think that different genres should be given a chance at winning the awards. However, it depends entirely on the amount of anime series that premiere on television. Right now, the majority of anime of TV is action, because it's been proven to be very popular with fans, whereas drama or romance type shows for example don't get as much exposure.

quote:
And two, instead of limiting the "Best Anime Picture" category to just anime movies, how does including all animated films sound?

Sounds good. I would also consider having all the categories to any type of animation as well. That's just my take, though.
SEELE 08 11-08-2006 02:28 PM
Come on People get out that NGE love! Too bad Keel wasn't listed in any character categories.....Rei Ayanami 4ever! /fangirl/
Scourge 11-08-2006 09:25 PM
The idea of liking NGE is too far beyond me, that show sucked IMO.
Nine Kuze 11-12-2006 03:42 AM
Okay, some of the members who are presenting in the AAA's for me have been asking me the same questions so I'm going to post a response for them and everyone else to see. To make things more easier for me and more importantly, them when they present.

When I say 'same questions', I mean "How do I present", "What am I presenting", "Who are you?", and stuff like that.

So, in this order, this is who is presenting the awards when their time comes:

1st: Zopwx2 (Best Sound)

2nd: Green_Bird (Best Original Theme, Best Original Score)

3rd: Mugiwara Luffy (Best Video Game, Best Manga)

4th: Buck Buck #1 (Best Motion Picture, Best Animated Picture)

5th: Fujiko (Best Foreign Voice Acting, Best English Voice Acting)

6th: Ace of Spades (Best Visual Effects, Best Character Design)

7th: Mike (Best Storyline, Best Screenplay)

8th: R.Smith (Best Animated Direction, Best Cinematography)

9th: Mr. D (Best Editing, Best Villian Character)

10th: Mistress-Samwise (Best Supporting Male Character, Best Male Character)

11th: Asirt (Best Supporting Female Character, Best Female Character)

12th: Krang (Best Dramatic Series, Best Action Series)

13th: Nine XXVI (Best Director, Best Series)

As far what the post should look like and how to present the winners of your categories, I'm quoting myself here as to what it should look like. This is just a rough example of what it should look like, give it your own flair and spin but try and keep the basics in your post.
quote:
Here's an example: Say its Presenter X's turn to present and the categories that X has are Best Category 1 and Best Category 2. So Presenter X would come to the Academy Animated Award thread (this current one) and make a post that would (for example's sake) look something like this:

quote:
Originally posted by Presenter X

Hello, Paradigm. I'm Presenter X and today, I'll be presenting the winners for the Best Category 1 Award and the Best Category 2 Award.

The nominees for Best Category 1 are:
- Nominee 1
- Nominee 2
- Nominee 3
- Nominee 4

The winner, and the (Dorothy/Nine if you prefer) goes to:
spoiler (highlight to read):
Nominee 1

The nominees for Best Category 2 are:
- Nominee 5
- Nominee 6
- Nominee 7
- Nominee 8

The winner, and the (Dorothy/Nine if you prefer) goes to:
Nominee 7

Presenting next is Presenter Y, who will be presenting the Best Category 3 Award and the Best Category 4 Award.

Though this is purely just an example, this is a blueprint of what the posts of the presenters should look like when presenting their two awards. Of course, I'd also love it if you guys can project your own unique personality into the posts as well. Big Grin

So as far as what the presenters are doing, that's it. Also, if you still have any questions, then give me a reply over PM or just post here.
Peace.

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge

Ha, quoting this. Even though I like Evangelion but I like the haters of the show even more.

Will post again in another hour...
Peace.
Nine Kuze 11-12-2006 04:47 AM
Let's get it started...

This is Nine XXVI and welcome to the second GIG, er, annual Academy Animated Awards. Before we get started, I just want to thank everyone for appreciating and getting involved with the AAA's for the second straight year. Thank you.

I'm going to try and keep this intro short and sweet, so we can get straight to the awards and all that. So I'm not going to try and say stuff like "If you want Roger Smith and all you have is Shinji Ikari, then wait." Or, "If you want Steven Blum and all you have is David Lucas, then wait." Although it is quite true that if you want Roger Smith and all you do have is Shinji Ikari, then you really should wait on that.

If you weren't around last year, or just didn't pay attention at all, the event went down with everyone's memory being erased, the ending of the awards not making any sense, and the blonde winning. Basically, Big O pretty much swept everything. It captured 11 awards without any need of hobbits, a sinking ship, or Charlton Heston. And that's quite a feat to pull off, especially without the latter of the three. Cowboy Bebop won the second most with eight, including the Best Male Character award for Spike Spiegel, beating out Roger Smith by one vote. It would have seems that Crow Boy couldn't come to terms with that negoiation. We also have a new category addition this year, since I'm tired of these motherf***ing motion pictures in this motherf***ing plane. I'll leave the rest up to you from there.

Instead of just crudely trying to increase my post count, this time around there are actual presenters to present the awards. I will say this; to those who weren't believers before, extortion and blackmail works a long way. I was able to get some of PCF's most profilic members; from the Mistress of the Rings in Mistress-Samwise to my partner in crime in Fujiko to the Powerpuff AIRhead in Trisa... Asirt to even the boss-man himself in Krang.

So enough damn time about me stalling. Let's start the awards ceremony with Zopwx2 presenting the cateogory of Best Sound.

Thanks again members of Paradigm and enjoy.
Peace.
Scourge 11-12-2006 10:55 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge

Ha, quoting this. Even though I like Evangelion but I like the haters of the show even more.

Will post again in another hour...
Peace.

When I think of NGE I only think of two things.

Number 1

Number 2

...and then I remember NGE was just a joke.
Zopwx2 11-13-2006 09:04 PM
Howdy y'all!

I'm Zopwx2, and you hear that? It's BEST SOUND foolios.

The nominees for Best Sound are:

- FLCL
- FullMetal Alchemist
- Samurai Champloo
- Trigun

A WINNAR IS YUO:
Samurai Champloooooooo!

Up next is Green_Bird with Best Original Theme and Best Original Score.
Sharpshooter005 11-13-2006 09:05 PM
quote:

Hell is other anime fans, yeah.
Green_Bird 11-14-2006 12:40 AM
*Cue Afro Gunsou as the enter music*

Hello, everyone out there in Paradigm land! I'm Green_Bird and I'll be your presenter for the Best Original Theme and Best Original Score categories.

How about we start pff with the Best Original Theme category! Now please remember Last year's winner was "Ride on a Shooting Star" from FLCL. Lets see the nominees!

The nominees for Best Best Original Theme are:
- "Rise" - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
- "Rewrite" - FullMetal Alchemist
- "The Bird's Poem" - AIR
- "Blue" - Cowboy Bebop

All of them a very good songs, what opening and ending will reign supreme? Lets see here...and the Dorothy goes to:
"Blue" - Cowboy Bebop

A very good choice if I do say so myself....Next up is the best original score. Last year's winner was Big O. Who's melodic melodies will come out the victor this year. It would also seem we have returning nominee from last year!

The nominees for Best Category 2 are:
- FLCL - Shinkichi Mitsumune
- AIR - Shinji Orito
- Cowboy Bebop - Yoko Kanno
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Yoko Kanno

And the name in the envelope is....:
Cowboy bebop!

All the nominees did well this year. I hope to see you again next year! Next up is Mugiwara Luffy, who will be presenting the Best video game and Best Manga Awards!

*and cue the exit music!*
Mugiwara Luffy 11-18-2006 12:12 PM
Hey Paradigm! It's Mugiwara Luffy here with the winners for Best Video Game and Best Manga! Let's get to it.

As we embark upon the next generation of video gaming, we should take a look back at the games that made the last year so great. The nominees for Best Video Game are:

- Deus Ex
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Half-Life 2: Episode One
- New Super Mario Bros.

And the Nine goes to:
New Super Mario Bros.

There you have it. Proof that you don't need big fancy graphics to have a great game. Or maybe you just need Mario.

Let's move away from the gaming and do something contructive, like reading. Well, reading manga. Hey, it still counts! Barnes and Nobles isn't a bookstore for me anymore, it's where I buy my manga. Mmm, sweet, sweet addiction. *ahem* Well anyway, the nominees for Best Manga are:

- Death Note
- Hellsing
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Trigun

And the Nine goes to (*drum roll*):
Hellsing

Surprising! Of the four on that list, Hellsing is the only one I haven't read. Perhaps I should change that, huh?

Congratulations to the most-deserved winners, though all the nominees were more than worthy!

Next up we have Buck Buck #1 to present the awards for Best Motion Picture and Best Animated Picture!
Nine Kuze 11-20-2006 10:57 AM
Death Note should have won and I'm disappointed in all of you.

Nah, I'm kidding and so far, you guys are exceeding my expectations and are doing a helluva job with the presenting. Look forward to the rest of 'em.
Peace.
Buck Buck #1 11-20-2006 11:35 AM
Sorry I was late. It took forever to find a tux.

But anyways, it's time for me to present the award for best Motion Picture.

And the nominees are:

-Memoirs of a Geisha
-Snakes on a Plane
-Syriana
-Walk the Line

And the Winner is
Walk The Line

Now for Best Animated Picture

And here are the nominees!

-Laputa: Castle in the Sky
-Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Eva
-Princess Mononoke
-Spirited Away

Wow this was a pretty close one, but the winner is
Spirited Away

That's all for me tonight... err... today

Up next is the lovely Fujiko with the awards for Best Foreign Voice Acting, and Best English Voice Acting.
Fujiko 11-22-2006 05:27 PM
Hi everyone! I must also apologize for the late arrival. Confusion is everywhere, I say.

But let us move on to the award shall we? First I will be presenting the award for Best Foreign Voice Acting! Isn't that just swell? You bet your sweet ass it is!

The nominees are:
-AIR
-Hellsing
-Princess Mononoke
-Spirited Away

The winner:
Princess Mononoke!

*applause*

Okay okay, now for the award for Best English Voice Acting!

The nominees are:
-Cowboy Bebop
-FLCL
-Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
-Samurai Champloo

The winner:
Cowboy Bebop!

*more applause*
Ace of Spades 11-23-2006 03:03 AM
Okay guys. Sorta jumped the gun last time and haven't been feeling myself as of late. So now to announce the official winners for catagories I present.

Best Visual Effects nominiees:
-Ghost in the Shell
-The Big O
- Eureka Seven
-FullMetal Alchemist

And the winner is.......
Ghost in the Shell

And the second award for Best Character Design nominiees
-AIR
-The Big O
-FLCL
-FullMetal Alchemist

And in a rare Double-Whammy Win this award goes to.....
Big-O AND Fullmetal Alchemist
Mike 11-23-2006 08:17 PM
OK, here we go.

Nominees for Best Storyline:
-AIR
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
-Trigun

And the winner is:
Ghost In The Shell