:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two For Best Villain Character! ::

Nine Kuze 11-18-2005 10:24 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Villain Character is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the best character in the villain role. The antagonist in the anime series and the award is not separated by gender. The award is presented to the winner, the villain. The character and the anime series they are present in are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Vicious - Cowboy Bebop (voiced by Norio Wakamoto, Henry Douglas Grey)
  • Paladin Alexander Anderson - Hellsing
  • Greed - FullMetal Alchemist
  • Alex Rosewater - The Big O

2006: Legato Bluesummers - Trigun (voiced by Toshihiko Seki, Richard Hayworth)
  • Alan Gabriel - The Big O
  • Kazundo Gouda - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
  • Hideo Kuze - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:43 PM
Just to be far, this was done around the Greed saga aired on FullMetal Alchemist and he made such an impression that I couldn't keep the dude out. Sorry Lust and I wasn't really going to put Naraku in here either, him and his purple massacra and black eyeliner. A couple of guys said that Dartz from Yu-Gi-Oh was a good villain as well, and thanks for the suggestion but this four were truly pretty damn good villains.

Nine XXVI's Picks: Greed, Vicious
Peace.
Randolph 01-06-2006 04:53 PM
I had to vote for Alex Rosewater. There's just something
intimidating about a big man in a white suit.
Quite boss-like.

And of course, Anderson, how you say, =t3h PwN463..>..>.>.periodperiod.

Yes, I said t3h PwN463..>..>.>.periodperiod. You read correctly.
Raven 01-06-2006 04:56 PM
Why exactly is Greed on this list? There are other villains much viler and who had much more screen time than he did. He was a cool character, just not what I’d call ‘Greatest Villain ever” material.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:27 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Villain Character and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Villain Character category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Villan Character Presenter: Mr. D

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Legato Bluesummers - Trigun
Million Knives' right hand man, the sociopath leads the gang known as the Gang Ho Guns whose soul purpose is to torture Knives' brother, Vash the Stampede. Wearing his left arm, Legato promises his master that Vash will "suffer eternal pain" and he delivers on his promise by being the first person Vash has ever killed of his own volition.

:: Alan Gabriel - The Big O
A self-proclaimed diplomat from the Union, Alan Gabriel emerged has Alex Rosewater's new assisstant after the departure of his secret comrade, Angel. A "new human being" and possibly being a cyborg, Gabriel has an unquenchable thrist for reckless violence. Before meeting his end at the grasp of Schwartzwald and Big Duo, Gabriel was seen as a wild card in the Paradigm City mystery.

:: Kazundo Gouda - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Excluding his scarred face, Kazundo Gouda has quite the twisted personality. A revoluntary producer in his own view, Gouda reconstructed the events that befell the country and government of Japan. From creating the sense of realism with terrorism to sparking a war with the refugees of Dejima, Gouda was looking to create the system with himself starring as the producer.

:: Hideo Kuze - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
The "hero" in Gouda's plot to overthrow the current system and recreate himself, Hideo Kuze had his own plans to guide and save the refugees by fusing them with the Internet and creating a new superstructure that would serve as his own recreated system. Although a terrorist and under Gouda's plan from the start, Kuze died believing his ideals would save the world.

Peace.
Nine Kuze 09-07-2006 06:54 PM
I'm going for the underdogs in those ebil ebil Ghost in the Shell villains.

Kuze is now one of my favorite anime characters and I'm still amused by the way Gouda died. His head exploded.
Peace.
David Ryder 09-07-2006 07:38 PM
Legato simple as that, the others are simply just blah.
Nine Kuze 09-07-2006 07:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Legato simple as that, the others are simply just blah.

If I wasn't on this Ghost in the Shell high, then yeah. Also, I really like his death sequence in the "Sin" episode. Beautiful.

Now THAT's how you go out.
Peace.
Lexx 09-07-2006 09:45 PM
Alan Gabriel.
Surprise surprise.
haha.
Big Grin
Dominus of Requiem 09-07-2006 11:25 PM
il vote later but for another award u might wanna put:

Big requiem: Big-O
merik: yu-gi-oh
perfect cell: dbz
Nine Kuze 09-08-2006 09:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dominus of Requiem
il vote later but for another award u might wanna put:

Big requiem: Big-O
merik: yu-gi-oh
perfect cell: dbz

What?

Am I too assume that you want to nominate Cell and Merik for Best Villain, and the "Big Requiem" for... whatever dealing with The Big O?

Sorry, but Dragonball Z let alone the Cell Saga, has barely been on the air for a minute now and the same with Yu-Gi-Oh. Which not too many of the folks here cater for either.

Also, what is the "Big Requiem" and I can't nominate fan-created characters. Just wanted to let you know.
Peace.
Dominus of Requiem 09-08-2006 02:02 PM
* straight in the heart*
ohhh that hurted me
ok ok fine
Raven 09-08-2006 02:15 PM
I'll vote for Legato, even though he comes from Trigun... Yuck.
Nine Kuze 09-08-2006 02:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dominus of Requiem
* straight in the heart*
ohhh that hurted me
ok ok fine

I still got that killin' aim. Nah, I didn't mean anything like that just we need relevant anime nominations that are currently on the air.

Also, I put some nominations for DBZ last year and well, saying it got killed is putting it as mildly as I can.

quote:
I'll vote for Legato, even though he comes from Trigun... Yuck.

Cool to see you around, Raven. You don't like Trigun? Frown
Peace.
David Ryder 09-08-2006 05:33 PM
It's nice to see that Legato is actually winning. Although I'm surprised that Alan is even that close. And Trigun is better than 90% of the crap these days.
Nine Kuze 09-08-2006 05:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Although I'm surprised that Alan is even that close. And Trigun is better than 90% of the crap these days.

Trigun = The Truth

But it shouldn't be all that surprising with Alan up there. Like for example, take a look at all the Alan fangirls that have invaded the Nightingale lately. They might have had a lil somethin'-somethin' to do with this.

Actually to be honest, I had trouble with the fourth nominee. I knew I had Kuze, Gouda, and Legato down pat. But I wanted a villain from The Big O and first, I was going to drop it for Jason Beck. And then, I thought for R.D.(Red Destiny) and then finally, I got it for Gabriel.

I don't like looking at the results beforehand. I like a good surprise from the voters.
Peace.
Dominus of Requiem 09-08-2006 06:17 PM
i have come to terms
il pick legato cuz hes 1 cool homie

ohhh i also posted a funny FMA pic plz check it
its in FMA funny pics
Lexx 09-08-2006 06:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
But it shouldn't be all that surprising with Alan up there. Like for example, take a look at all the Alan fangirls that have invaded the Nightingale lately. They might have had a lil somethin'-somethin' to do with this.

<.< >.>
....maybe....

Ack! Alan is losing!
this saddens me. Frown

I must gather the troops!!
Raven 09-08-2006 10:45 PM
Trigun makes me sick when I watch it. The whiny hero, the cheesy villains, the annoying female sidekicks... I really can't stand that show. I watched through it once and I can't bring myself to do that again.
Hollow XXVI 09-10-2006 08:36 PM
I also dislike Trigun for the same reasons!

So I will vote for one of the Ghost in the Shell fellows. Big Grin