:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two for Best Anime Picture! ::

Nine Kuze 12-10-2005 10:43 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Anime Picture is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the best animated movie production of the anime genre. The award is presented to the winner, the producer of the picture. The producer and the anime picture they produced are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Cowboy Bebop (Knockin' on Heaven's Door) - Yutaka Maseba, Mishiko Minami, Minoru Takanashi, Masuo Ueda
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Ninja Scroll
  • Perfect Blue

2006: Spirited Away - Toshio Suzaki
  • Luputa: Castle in the Sky
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion
  • Princess Mononoke
StevieV019 12-13-2005 09:35 AM
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust....a shame its not on the list...
Sharpshooter005 12-13-2005 10:45 AM
Ghost of the shell might have gotten it, had I not seen the dubbed version.

Normally I don't really care either way as far as dubbed or not. But...I dont know, after seeing the first season of the series, the Major's voice in the movie dub just...seemed to kind of suck.
Nine Kuze 12-13-2005 12:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Ghost of the shell might have gotten it, had I not seen the dubbed version.

Normally I don't really care either way as far as dubbed or not. But...I dont know, after seeing the first season of the series, the Major's voice in the movie dub just...seemed to kind of suck.

Damn, Sharpie. That's so true. Motoko's voice in the movie was plain and dull and in the series, it was so much better.

Interesting that you didn't mention which movies you voted for though. Big Grin
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 12-13-2005 02:45 PM
quote:
Interesting that you didn't mention which movies you voted for though

Oh right, whoops.

Cowboy Bebop. Since...Ninja Scroll I barely remember, aaand...I've never seen perfect blue.
David Ryder 12-13-2005 03:46 PM
quote:
in the series, it was so much better.

God bless Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Wink
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust....a shame its not on the list...

Damn, man. Sorry, I didn't even know that it came on and no one nominated it prior to the voting anyway.

I was going to put up "Read or Die" but I put in "Perfect Blue" because I heard that it was a strange, yet very good movie. Although I've seen it is an entirely different topic... Ninja Scroll was good but the the plot seemed rather weak to me, Ghost in the Shell is one hell of an anime movie but the Major's voice... Don't get me started. And Cowboy Bebop is one of the best animated movies I've ever seen.

Nine XXVI's Picks: Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Ghost in the Shell
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 10:55 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Anime Picture and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Anime Picture category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Anime Picture Presenter: Buck Buck #1

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Laputa: Castle in the Sky - Isao Takahata
Directed by Hayao Miyazaki
A girl named Sheeta falls out of the sky and lands in a boy named Pazu's arms. Soon after a gang of air pirates led by Dola, as well as a mysterious man named Muska, are on their tails. The chase leads them to a floating castle named Laputa that once belonged to an ancient race of people.

:: Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion - Mitsuhisa Ishikawa
Directed by Hideki Anno
Seen as an "alternate ending" to the last two episodes of the original Evangelion series, NERV is being attacked by Seele and Rei becomes one with Lillith. Together with the Spear of Longinus and the completed EVA-series, Shinji Ikari will decide whether or not mankind will cease to exist with the Third Impact being fulfilled. He has to decide now if he wants to stay alive or be dead, but his decision will affect all of humanity.

:: Princess Mononoke - Toshio Suzuki
While fighting to save his village from the attack of a demon-god, Ashitaka comes in contact with it and is inflicted with a deadly curse. In his search for a cure, he is forced to leave his village forever and journey to the forest inhabited by animal gods. There he finds himself in the middle of a war between a village led by lady Eboshi and the forest gods with Princess Mononoke.

:: Spirited Away - Toshio Suzuki
On their way to their new home, a young girl, Chihiro, and her parents stumble into what appears to be an abandoned theme park. But all is not as it seems, as the theme park is a resort for the gods, and not a place where humans are welcome. Chihiro must fend for herself and rescue her parents, as they have been turned to pigs as punishment for eating the food meant for the gods.

Peace.
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 11:12 AM
Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are two of my favorite anime films, and are on my top 100 list as well.

So yeah, I voted for those two and I also like Laputa as well.

I have to say that now that I think about it, End of Eva kind of reminds me of 2001. Just not as good, creative, and made much less damn sense. But the visuals carry the movie like 2001 did.
Peace.
Dominus of Requiem 09-11-2006 02:26 PM
for the first time i cried in a movie and Spirited Away was that movie
soo my vote for it