Contest Closed

Krang 03-12-2004 12:01 AM
The contest deadline is here, so the contest is officially over. Shredder and I will review the entries and post when a final decision is made. Check back soon for more details.
evanASF27 03-12-2004 12:02 AM
final decision?? ...err...is ther still going to be a "top 5/10 or whatever" vote? Or did we not get enough entries for that? Confused
Krang 03-12-2004 12:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
final decision?? ...err...is ther still going to be a "top 5/10 or whatever" vote? Or did we not get enough entries for that? Confused

There will most likely be a vote, but we're still deciding on the details.
evanASF27 03-12-2004 12:07 AM
oh ok Embarrassed Sweatdrop *goes off to bed...slips a 20 into Krang's pocket*
>.>

<.<

NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!! @.@

BWHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
*goes to sleep*
IamRogerSmith 03-12-2004 01:21 AM
I DEMAND SATISFACTION!!!! I mean... lol... Can't wait to see all the videos. -_-;

::puts ants in evan's bed for "good luck"::

The Bittorrent idea previously mentioned is a good one. Also, maybe we could have a temp forum (or just forum post, I guess) for everyone to put up links to their entries so we could see all the videos (in case some don't make the finals?).

^_^
TDF Studios 03-12-2004 08:29 AM
I hope everyone had fun making their videos and may the best man, (or women) win Smile
Shaoblane 03-13-2004 10:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by TDF Studios
I hope everyone had fun making their videos and may the best man, (or women) win Smile

Actually, I didn't think any of the women entered. I've been asking around a bit...so far, people who have submitted are TDF Studios and Evan...thats all I got...if anyone else submitted, post here so I can start a thread for peope to make bets. Big Grin
evanASF27 03-13-2004 04:00 PM
All bets are off Tongue You can't beat LupinIII!!!! Big Grin O.o;; Big Grin
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA!!!
IamRogerSmith 03-13-2004 04:03 PM
Sure I can. Smile

Edit:
List of contestants:

EvanASF27,
TDF Studios,
IamRogerSmith,
RP52,
Pygmalion,
The Big Fau

1 missing.
RP52 03-13-2004 06:13 PM
I submitted a video. I'm representing my company, RP's Fanfics, in the contest. I hope we get to view all the entries eventually also. Later!
Madrona 03-13-2004 06:42 PM
I was trying to get mine done but there was no way. The rest of my life had to come first. Though I really, really want to finish it.

So mine is half finished, urrr, 1/3 finished, uh, 1/4?

In any case I can't be the only one!
Pygmalion 03-14-2004 05:44 AM
I made a video and entered it.

Pygmalion
Madrona 03-14-2004 09:52 PM
Good!
I can't wait to see it!
THe_BiG_FaU 03-19-2004 12:20 AM
I entered one, it didn't take long to make and it's not GREAT but I had fun making it...
TDF Studios 03-28-2004 11:56 PM
Maybe its time we just admitted that the contest didn't go as planned. Somethings in life aren't perfect.

First off, you could give us a list of all the participants and the titles of there videos. If they have them hosted on the web, links could be provided to those videos. Secondly, I believe the adminstration should judge the videos. Just for times sake. They could give each video a "Out of 10" scale. Such as 1/10...3/10... so forth. Then the winner could be given at the bottom. The prize shouldn't be anything big but rather something like a 200 post boost, or something like it. Maybe because of the low numbers of entrees, we could have a prize for just entering, say 10 to 50 each posts....

Anyways, future contests will be better organized and might be with a different medium, one that might be better accessable to all of the members.

HOLD BACK NOTHING, AND SAVE THE PINATAS "We like tha moon!"
Krang 03-29-2004 03:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by TDF Studios
Maybe its time we just admitted that the contest didn't go as planned. Somethings in life aren't perfect.

Already done. Tongue

quote:
First off, you could give us a list of all the participants and the titles of there videos. If they have them hosted on the web, links could be provided to those videos.

Hosting is being taken care of, so it won't be much longer before everyone can view the videos (although setting up a torrent might still help out so that the server we're hosting them on is not overwhelmed).

quote:
Secondly, I believe the adminstration should judge the videos. Just for times sake. They could give each video a "Out of 10" scale. Such as 1/10...3/10... so forth. Then the winner could be given at the bottom.

Actually, we're probably going to go with the voting as planned and skip out the elimination process by the admins due to the low number of entries.

quote:
The prize shouldn't be anything big but rather something like a 200 post boost, or something like it. Maybe because of the low numbers of entrees, we could have a prize for just entering, say 10 to 50 each posts....

Since we already posted what the prizes would be, we're going to go ahead as planned with prizes for the first and second place winners.

quote:
Anyways, future contests will be better organized and might be with a different medium, one that might be better accessable to all of the members.

HOLD BACK NOTHING, AND SAVE THE PINATAS "We like tha moon!"

As mentioned in the post I linked to above, it's very unlikely that we will hold any more contests due to lack of interest.
TDF Studios 03-29-2004 08:37 AM
I don't think a lack of interest came from the contest. I believe the lack of interest came was surrounding the idea of it being a "Video contest". Making a video is hard enough if you don't have A) Content or B) A video editor, and to make it worse, some people just aren't fluid enough with computers to make there ideas work. I have a hard enough time trying to making a really funny video.

I belive that you would find a lot more people entring into a contest you held, if the medium of the contest was more "actively available" to all the members. Maybe, a funny picture contest? Everyone has access to Big-O pictures on the internet and Everyone has MSPaint. That would turn out tons more participants.

I ask you to evaluate again the idea that this contest didn't go as planned because it had a few flaws and that if you gave it a try again, with a few changes, I'm sure you will find that a lot more people are going to enter into the contest.
black-raven 03-30-2004 01:17 PM
when are we gonna get to see these 'films' these guys have made? i wanna watch em.
evanASF27 03-30-2004 11:48 PM
unlike everyone else here...I don't mind the wait. Cool

I probably worked the longest out of the others on my video (everyday workingon ideas, clips, and such until I finally submitted it), and I'm not too worried about when the voting begins. As long as you don't forget...cos if you did, I'd have to kill ya Roll Eyes
*grabs G.I. pistol out of trenchcoat*
I'M AN ICPO OFFICER AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT @.@

bwhahahahaahahaaa!!!! Big Grin

We want this contest done right (well...from now on Roll Eyes ), so that way there would be a possibility for another one Wink Maybe not a video contest...but still contests are good to keep up moral until Season3 Cool
Krang 03-31-2004 12:13 AM
Ok, the voting won't start for a few days, but if anyone wants to start downloading the entries early, here's how:

Edit: The voting is now open! Use the instructions below to download the entries:

First, if you don't already have a BitTorrent client installed, go to http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html and download the official one. If you use a router or firewall and you run into problems, make sure ports 6881 to 6999 are open.

After you install the client, you can start the download using this link:
http://www.paradigm-city.com/contests/pc1ann.torrent (Thanks to IamRogerSmith for hosting the original file and to Bentar for setting up the tracker!). It may start out slow, but the download speed will pick up as you upload.

If your computer is unable to play Windows Media (WMV) files, try this torrent instead:
http://bentar.dyndns.org/Big%20O%20Conte...s%20zip.torrent (Thanks again to Bentar for the tracker!).

Lastly, please leave the BitTorrent window open even after your download is finished! This will help everyone else's downloads to go faster.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. An alternate download link will be provided when the voting begins for anyone who is unable to get BitTorrent working.