Evangelion and Big O (EVAs vs. Bigs)

C.R Foxhound 01-24-2004 10:33 PM
meh, i kinda thought they would be the same size....

Eva would still win anyway...

AT fields all the way...
Cecil XIX 01-24-2004 10:44 PM
I can't see the AT field being a problem. My theory: "Cast In The Name Of God, Ye Not Guilty" pops up on screen, AT Field deactivates. Or something like that. Tongue

Either way, I'd be interested in seeing the clash of religious symbolisim.

A god against an Angel...

By the way, isn't Big O 168 ft. tall? I thought we talked about that earlier. (And I get a kick out of saying that. Big Grin ) Compare the cockpit of Big O to that of a Gundam. Big O's neck is roughly the size of a Gundam's torso, so it seems to my that a Mobile Suit could sit comfortably on Big O's shoulder. (which is a really cool image, by the way)

Whenever you consider a Vs. battle, consider this. In Act 12, Big Duo grabs Big O's head, and throws him down towards the ground from a skyscraper, that has to be at least the size of the Eiffel Tower. Consider the force of the impact when Big O hits the ground. Not only is Big O perfectly fine, but but so is Roger. Not only is Big O's body incredably strong (nevermind his shield-arms), but the shock absorbtion has to be astronomical.

I'm not a big fan of Evangelion, (everything I know I learned here.) so I'm wondering if anyone else can post an example the merits easy comparision. (No matter what show, It's pretty easy to figure out the force of something slamming into the ground.
Wingnut 01-24-2004 10:52 PM
You think wrong my fellow Gundamite.
I am going by official stats that say that Big O is 30 meters tall. Any Gundam sitting on Big O's shoulder would likely cause it to topple over, or at least force it to bend to accomidate the size and weight. Camera work also for some reason makes Big O's cockpit look huge and also a Gundam's cockpit rather small and cramped, when the reality of it is that the exact opposite is true.
Although the AT field dropping at the "Cast in the name of God, Ye Not Guilty" line is rather interesting, but as I have not seen any of EVA beyond what was shown briefly on Toonami, I can't speculate on what would happen with anyu accuracy.
Zopwx2 01-24-2004 10:56 PM
wait big o is only 30 meters? that would put him at the eva's mid section. Are evamonkey's heights official?
Pygmalion 01-24-2004 11:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Ooops Red Face Red Face
I have made the goober of the century.
I got my meters and feet mixed up.

If happens at NASA, I guess we mortals might make those sorts of errors too.

Pygmalion
Wingnut 01-24-2004 11:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
wait big o is only 30 meters? that would put him at the eva's mid section. Are evamonkey's heights official?
Well I don't know about the others for certain, but I can vouge that the Gundam related ones are correct. Also if someone went to the trouble to make this shot I would think (or at least hope) that they did their homework and got the stats right.
Zopwx2 01-24-2004 11:01 PM
So the official height for big o is 30 meters? If So Ill try to put big o on that chart.

I always assumed that big o was bigger than an eva....

EDIT:

If the big: 30 meters is correct then this is what big o would look like stacked against an eva:

http://members.cox.net/zopwx/bigoheight.JPG

Note: Assume that entire beige box is the full size of big o. So maybe he'd look a tiny bit bigger.
Big_Chow 01-24-2004 11:35 PM
Another thing: Eva's feel pain, and that pain is transfered to the pilot. The Big O and Roger, more or less, don't suffer from that either. So a quick Big O piston punch to the crotch would put Eva Unit One out of commission.
<\:/> 01-25-2004 12:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Chow
Another thing: Eva's feel pain, and that pain is transfered to the pilot. The Big O and Roger, more or less, don't suffer from that either. So a quick Big O piston punch to the crotch would put Eva Unit One out of commission.

Yea, Owee...
Big Duo Fan 01-25-2004 12:40 PM
30 meters isn't as big as you would think.. that'd make him about 15 times Roger's height, if I'm getting my metric system right.
Zopwx2 01-25-2004 11:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Duo Fan
30 meters isn't as big as you would think.. that'd make him about 15 times Roger's height, if I'm getting my metric system right.

Yeah: http://members.cox.net/zopwx/bigoheight.JPG

He only comes up to an eva's midsection. The wings on that Nu Gundam come are around the same height as big o.
Naraku 01-26-2004 02:35 PM
You guys do know that an At field can be penetrated by a massively powerful weapon right? And the Bigs are weapons of destruction for nothing.
Hobodoken 01-26-2004 05:00 PM
An AT field may only be stopped by other At fields or the Lance dealio, but who is to say that Big O's red sphere shield is not equivalant to an AT field? Or perhaps the opposite, and their contact would result in both of the field/shields shorting out?
I would not doubt that they look different, but having only seen the red sphere shield once, it would be hard to say.
And I say that Duo could take 00 and 02, and 01 before it got the core thingy.
Sharpshooter005 01-26-2004 05:07 PM
JetAlone vs. Big Duo..

...Doesn't even matter which one would win. It'd still be awesome
Mr.Grudge 01-26-2004 07:58 PM
quote:

Yeah, judging from the proportions when you see the shots of Roger and Company standing on parts of Big O he's got to be much bigger than that. Someone needs to get a shot of him walking by a building and count the number of stories the top of his head reaches up to.
Big Ben 01-26-2004 08:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:
Originally posted by Trotsky
i think sence a Big is kinda alive but is a robot, and the eva's i'm pretty shure are living things, he could just fall on it and kill it. let alone piston punching it's freken face off.

Impossible...Evangelion units are equipped with AT Fields. The only thing that can neutralize an AT Field is another AT Field (or the Lance of Longinus)...any means of conventional weaponry (including guns, cannons, lasers, just about everything short of dozens upon dozens of N^2 bombs) are useless....
Of course, all of the above does not negate the possibility that Big Venus could simply negate their reality. Whatever Big Venus' Reality Manipulation or Reset Generator is, it's not conventional.
Naraku 01-26-2004 08:44 PM
quote:

Originally posted by BigBen
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:
Originally posted by Trotsky
i think sence a Big is kinda alive but is a robot, and the eva's i'm pretty shure are living things, he could just fall on it and kill it. let alone piston punching it's freken face off.

Impossible...Evangelion units are equipped with AT Fields. The only thing that can neutralize an AT Field is another AT Field (or the Lance of Longinus)...any means of conventional weaponry (including guns, cannons, lasers, just about everything short of dozens upon dozens of N^2 bombs) are useless....
Of course, all of the above does not negate the possibility that Big Venus could simply negate their reality. Whatever Big Venus' Reality Manipulation or Reset Generator is, it's not conventional.

Being able to re-write reality is definitly un-conventional! Nothing can stand up to that!
Pygmalion 01-26-2004 10:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Grudge
quote:

Yeah, judging from the proportions when you see the shots of Roger and Company standing on parts of Big O he's got to be much bigger than that. Someone needs to get a shot of him walking by a building and count the number of stories the top of his head reaches up to.

When Big O punches out of the side of Smith Mansion in Act 23, he appears to be the same height as the seventh floor, probably about 96':

But other evidence, such as the garage in the foot, and Norman being the same height as Big O's face, seem to indicate that he must be larger. We had a nice little discussion about it at under the title Something About the PD.

Pygmalion
Naraku 01-27-2004 02:28 PM
I was reading about the Behemoth in another thread and was wondering what would win in a fight an Eva or the Behemoth?
Wingnut 01-27-2004 04:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JetBlack
I was reading about the Behemoth in another thread and was wondering what would win in a fight an Eva or the Behemoth?
Considering how fast it was destoryed in the series, an EVA wouldn't even have to blink to take it out.