DVD Cover Scans, New Poll, Robot Features, 3D Demo

Krang 12-02-2005 10:17 PM
Sorry for the delay, but a few sections of the site have just been updated. First, I uploaded scans of all four Big O season 2 DVD covers! You can check them out on the Episode List under Information.

Second, a new poll is up! This poll asks which format of Big O episodes you prefer: one-shot/episodic (which usually end in either "We have come to terms" or "No side") or continuing storylines (which end in "To be continued"). Be sure to vote in the poll to the right! Also, the results of the previous poll are in: The majority of voters, 42% (914), actually don't own any Big O DVDs at all! 21% (453) chose Volume 4 of Season 2 as their favorite DVD, and 16% (344) preferred Volume 4 of Season 1. For the full results of this poll and all other previous polls, check out the Poll List page under Interactive.

Third, I made a small update to the Robot Features section by uploading a much clearer picture of Osrail in addition to the one that appeared in episode 5. Thanks to Kajin for sending it in!

And fourth, I put up a demo of a 3D game that contributor Shn275 is working on in which you can pilot Big O. It is still a work in progress, but it shows alot of promise. Be sure to check it out in the Miscellaneous section under Fan Works!

We still have alot more updates planned (including updates which I did not have time to put up this time), so be sure to keep checking back!
Travis Bickle 12-03-2005 08:24 AM
HOLY CRAP!

That 3D Demo is freaking awesome! Major props to Shn275!
SmothPocket 12-03-2005 01:55 PM
That game is soooooo awesome. What did you make that in?
Generalissimo D 12-03-2005 04:01 PM
If anyone wants to follow the development of the game, its home thread on SBO is here.
Travis Bickle 12-03-2005 05:21 PM
Hmm...it seems I was banned from there. Funny, I only remember going there once this entire year and not ever posting there once. Hmm...

But yeah, props to Shn275 for making that awesome game. Now, if only someone actually made a SOURCE mod out of that...oh, dear lord that would be sweet.
Generalissimo D 12-03-2005 05:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
But yeah, props to Shn275 for making that awesome game. Now, if only someone actually made a SOURCE mod out of that...oh, dear lord that would be sweet.

Thats what I said, and thinking about it, it make for a fun enviroment. Imagine piston punching a bunch of debris into your opponent's face, then knocking them into another building.
evanASF27 12-03-2005 05:44 PM
It's no PSII, but my god that's brilliant! Heck you made up a new villain Big...you made a 3D model of Big O and Fau...good grief!

If Shn275 is reading this, thank you so very much dude!!!!1 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin You're the pioneer of the Big O world Wink

...now then, how's that sequel coming? Anime Smile

*EDIT*
I just found something not listed in the ReadMe file...when I press the W Key in Big O Mode, Big O falls down backwards o_O
Travis Bickle 12-03-2005 05:47 PM
Y'know, come to think of it, if Shn275 is interested, I would be more than willing to help score (meaning, produce music for) the final product.
David Ryder 12-03-2005 11:40 PM
That game is rockin. It's showing alot of promise. Nice work Shn275.
Big Money 12-03-2005 11:48 PM
That game is minty fresh. Very, very nice work Shn275...
R.Smith 12-04-2005 01:15 AM
Nice update Krang! Smile

Very nice demo Shn275! Big Grin
Zola 12-04-2005 11:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
Hmm...it seems I was banned from there. Funny, I only remember going there once this entire year and not ever posting there once. Hmm...

Hmm... considering that the only IP's banned from there are the ones that are the zombies crawling the site pursuant to that dDOS I mentioned on my LJ that you were so curious about... maybe you better clean out your machine.

Currently, as far as members go, two are banned, they are aliases of the same troll, who is not a PCF person but an ASF person to the best of my knowledge. The rest are banned by IP only. So if anyone here thinks they are banned, let me know and I'll investigate if you're on the IP list and if you clean out your machine, I'll unban that IP. Otherwise, there has to be 30 days of no hits to the site before it expires.

But back to the actual topic... It's been a lot of fun to see the work in progress as Shn275 continues to update the game, and he's done a great job Smile

EDIT: It turned out it was the intermittant DNS problem. The fix is in my sig.
Bayardus 12-05-2005 06:50 PM
Big O Game Demo = Amazing. I wish that I knew how to create things like this (and had the time).
BethMcBeth 12-06-2005 01:25 AM
Wow! Awesome job with all of the updates! Keep up with the excellent work! The Demo is amazing!

-Beth
psychoticbastard 12-12-2005 09:48 PM
i didn't realize there was a game in progress... this is awesome!!!