CN new look

darkangel 06-15-2004 11:47 AM
this morning I found out that CN has a newly fashioned look!Big Grin
the new look is so good looking, it's irrisistable!Big Grin so check it out some time!Big Grin (www.cartoonnetwork.com)
Gummibear 06-15-2004 11:49 AM
Very nice!^^
R.Smith 06-15-2004 12:21 PM
I actually preffer the old look, ...then again, I'm never too fond of change, so it's probably just me.
Wingnut 06-15-2004 12:49 PM
This look has been in effect on the CN site for some time now. Ever since Toonami changed its look now that I think about it. Not really all that different really, just makeing the site more uniform in the basic design.
Wazpy 06-15-2004 01:57 PM
When was the last time you were there? It's been like this for months. I loved playing G Toons (I had an awesome Penguin and Batman deck) and I still go there sometimes to check the scheduel...
Silv3rKnigh1 06-15-2004 02:06 PM
toonami owns cn why did they move it

nonetheless the new look is nice, but I hate the thing in the corner of teh screen now
Zopwx2 06-15-2004 03:13 PM
NOOOOO did they change their logo from the checkerboard "cartoon network" to the "CN"

dammit, I liked the original logo. Why'd they have to change it after like ten years!
Mr. Saturn 06-15-2004 03:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
NOOOOO did they change their logo from the checkerboard "cartoon network" to the "CN"

dammit, I liked the original logo. Why'd they have to change it after like ten years!


I loved that original logo. Well, at least the new look looks like crap to match their craptacular shows Roll Eyes (Excluding anything on Toonami and Adult Swim, but then again those are totally different beasts)
evanASF27 06-15-2004 03:58 PM
Yah I was going to ask this, but last night my internet went out for no apparent reason ._. (honest to God it did!)
...I liked the old one better :-/ it wasn't as "stand out"ish...


*adds an N to the end of their logo*

GASP! CANADIANS!! O_O CNN!!! AAAHHHAHHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHWAEBFOWBAWBOBFRIOAEWAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wazpy 06-15-2004 05:35 PM
I'm guessing there's some sort of problem...I still only see the old logo


What is this "New" logo you all speak of? Nothing is showing up new to me.
Sephiroth 06-15-2004 05:49 PM
I first saw the new logo today when I turned on the T.V. It was a little wierd to hear a female announcer instead of the one I had grown used to, and not to see the black and white checkered logo I know and love.

I don't dislike the new look, but I don't think it's as good as the old one.
Mr. Fortnight 06-15-2004 09:55 PM
*sniff...sob*

First, G4 and Tech TV merge, now Cartoon Network gets a new look...

I'm in HEAVEN! ^o^

Now if only Anime Network would get up to Minnesota and on the cable systems here in Minneapolis. Then I'd never go outside! ^o^
darkangel 06-16-2004 12:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
I'm guessing there's some sort of problem...I still only see the old logo


What is this "New" logo you all speak of? Nothing is showing up new to me.


try looking at the logo in the day time on tv.Big Grin
CoCoaPuFF CatX 06-16-2004 09:47 AM
ummmm.... i like the new look but again i don't because um. i don't know i'll just have to get used to it i guess.. o well i like the little commercials where they show the CN stuff like where all the toons live but i don't the part where the girl says this in cartoon network
Wazpy 06-16-2004 09:56 AM
Okay, now I know what you guys mean. I thought you were talking about the website.

I actually like the new look, but I don't like that woman announcer. She's so calm next to the guy they usually have. Its like she had a lobotomy. Creeps me out.
Bismarck 06-16-2004 12:19 PM
Yeah, I hate the new look, but as said before it goes with the new crap that they've been playing (aside from AS and Toonami). I wonder why they suddenly made the decision to move back to kiddier shows and subjects. Maybe the company was pressured into moving in this direction by their owners, but regardless of the reason it's not a good thing.
evanASF27 06-16-2004 02:57 PM
maybe its just the opposite of what happened to Nick. Nick had tons of kids shows (lots and lots of em) years ago...now they have all this comedy and teen stuff. The old classics are gone and new stuff pops up...

CN probably went the other way, they had already 2 segments that were for adults/teens and then the rest is all kids stuff (which the wont see anyways cos they're at school during the year Confused )...
BabyGhia 06-16-2004 05:03 PM
I don't mind the new logo but I hate how they have it on the TV screen. It's distracting. But they want to make you notice that they have a new logo. Grrrrr.... marketing and branding tactics are so annoying sometimes.

I haven't heard the new announcer though. I tend to just flip by CN when it's not AS or Toonami. Guess I'll probably here it soon though. I watch some CN on the weekend with my friend's girls but I'll probably miss the old person.

Small side comment: Has anyone else noticed that Toonami has 3 voices. I feel like yelling at them and telling them to pick one and keep with it. Of course, I want them to just stay with Steve and drop all the other but that's just me.

BabyGhia
IanC 06-16-2004 05:14 PM
hmm, flipping around the new CN, look what i found:
http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servl...wilight+Braclet
Silv3rKnigh1 06-16-2004 10:12 PM
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

.hack dusk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT