[Comment] PCF Avatars

Christina Perry 10-18-2004 05:02 PM
I just want to say that in the PCF avatars, all I see is an red X. Frown

Mad

That's make me so mad.
Asirt 10-18-2004 05:09 PM
Did you try refreshing the page where the avatars are? I can see them fine here.
Christina Perry 10-19-2004 07:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa
Hmm... did you try refreshing the page where the avatars are? I can see them fine here... Confused

Later,
Trisa

I clicked the refreshed button, but still see is the red X.
Krang 10-19-2004 11:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGirl

I'm not sure why this would happen, since the avatars are hosted on the same server as the rest of the images (and the forums themselves for that matter). Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Unless you mean sig pics. In that case, it's the fault of the image host that the particular member is using, so I would recommend PMing them and telling them that their sig pic is not working.
Hienrich Ele 10-19-2004 11:37 PM
This has happened to me before. A few days and it wears off for me.

I blame it on Gremlins....
Christina Perry 10-20-2004 05:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

I'm not sure why this would happen, since the avatars are hosted on the same server as the rest of the images (and the forums themselves for that matter). Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Unless you mean sig pics. In that case, it's the fault of the image host that the particular member is using, so I would recommend PMing them and telling them that their sig pic is not working.

I'm talking about the PNG images. Why there an red X on the usernames' avatar and their signature picture??
Asirt 10-20-2004 09:04 AM
quote:
I'm talking about the PNG images. Why there an red X on the usernames' avatar and their signature picture??

It sounds like this is a browser problem. Were you able to view the PNG files before? If so, then something's wrong with your browser. I can still see them fine right now. What web browser are you using, by the way?
R and D 10-20-2004 10:22 AM
sometimes that happens to me sometimes. Usually i just right-click and click on show picture. i guess it happens to me because aol hates me. Pleased
Asirt 10-20-2004 10:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mattimeo
sometimes that happens to me sometimes. Usually i just right-click and click on show picture. i guess it happens to me because aol hates me. Pleased

If AOL is causing the problem, then I'm guess it's IE. You may have some sort of spyware if this is happening often (though I could be wrong). Try using a different browser and see if it causes the same problem.
Christina Perry 10-20-2004 12:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa
quote:

It sounds like this is a browser problem. Were you able to view the PNG files before? If so, then something's wrong with your browser. I can still see them fine right now. What web browser are you using, by the way?

Later,
Trisa

I'm using a JPG Images.

Thank you.
AndroidZeroX 11-22-2004 06:08 PM
This seemed liek a good place to put this. Would it be possible for someone to make it so that the custom avatars could be bmp files as well since those are the only ones i have for some reason. My cpu doesnt have jpeg images which i think is quite odd, but thats the way it is. If u guys cant change it, then does anyone know if there is a way i can convert my bmp files into jpgs. I dont even know what a bmp file is. WTF!
Zopwx2 11-22-2004 08:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX
This seemed liek a good place to put this. Would it be possible for someone to make it so that the custom avatars could be bmp files as well since those are the only ones i have for some reason. My cpu doesnt have jpeg images which i think is quite odd, but thats the way it is. If u guys cant change it, then does anyone know if there is a way i can convert my bmp files into jpgs. I dont even know what a bmp file is. WTF!

open a bmp file with paint or something else and go to file, then save as, then when it says file type change it to jpg of gif or something else.
harshfire 11-22-2004 08:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Fwuffles

That's what I always do. Sometimes it doesn't show the picture, but I ignore it unless it's my own avatar/signature or if I'm doing one of the "Rate the [insert name here]" threads.

Later days:
JA
Krang 11-22-2004 09:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX

Sorry, BMP files are usually huge in file size, only work on certain browsers, and aren't really meant for the internet in the first place, so that's why they aren't allowed to be used as avatars. See Zopwx2's instructions for converting your files into another format, or if you're still having trouble, feel free to send them to me and I can convert them for you.
X Prime 11-22-2004 10:00 PM
I would suggest PNG for many of the images here. It's lossless, and usually quite small in filesize too. Very nice.
Manji 11-22-2004 10:12 PM
Theres a few conflicts with PNG images and a few browsers, most noticably the transparencies only show up on Mozilla, so things like the top banner couldn't be replaced with PNG. Avatars could make good use of it though.

(Hey guys! Big Grin )
X Prime 11-22-2004 10:29 PM
Opera displays PNG alpha blending flawlessly as well.

MANJI POSTED OMGWTFBBQ!!!
Manji 11-22-2004 10:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime

Big Grin

I don't want to jack the thread here, but what is "Opera"?
X Prime 11-22-2004 10:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime

Big Grin

I don't want to jack the thread here, but what is "Opera"?

...Christ, you post as fast as me.

Opera is an awesome alternative browser (IMO better than Mozilla), but it has a banner unless you pay for it. (Or use... dubious means to register it.)

http://www.opera.com
Manji 11-22-2004 10:34 PM
Ah, I've never heard of it before, I appreciate the info.