[Comment] PCF Avatars

Asirt 11-22-2004 10:38 PM
quote:
I would suggest PNG for many of the images here. It's lossless, and usually quite small in filesize too. Very nice.

I will have to agree with you on that one, X Prime. I use it a lot for small images, and for editing purposes as well.

For those who still can't view the avatars here for some reason, try using a different web browser. As far as I know, Internet Explorer doesn't properly support PNG files. Opera and Mozilla / Firefox / SeaMonkey are three very good options to use.
Christina Perry 12-24-2004 02:52 PM
Now, I can see the PNG images, trisa. Never mind. Pleased

Thanks,
RogersGirl
Captain Maw 03-21-2005 12:30 AM
I think some of the avatar images arent in the images for the site. maybe 'we' could add them there or move them or w/e. i mean, the more content the merrier.
Krang 03-21-2005 01:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Maw
I think some of the avatar images arent in the images for the site. maybe 'we' could add them there or move them or w/e. i mean, the more content the merrier.

Good idea, but there are two reasons that are preventing me from adding the avatars from the gallery to the site. First, the gallery avatars were contributed, and the contributor gave me permission to use them in the gallery. However, since he no longer visits here, I can't ask him if it would be ok to use them on the site as well (and I never add any content to the site unless I have specific permission to use it). Second, if I put the avatars on the site, people will attempt to directly link to them on their own forums and then complain to me when that doesn't work, causing more harm than good.
Captain Maw 03-23-2005 07:10 PM
oh, i see. what a society we live in...

oh well, i mean, i got my own avatars and stuff, and as long as we have avatars for most of the characters/cool images thats good.

i think the robot features for season 2, and the Episode Listings are more important, because the hallmark of a good site, is the information, and other stuff (something something)

The site was pretty good, i was impressed at the multimedia and the fan contributions, lets make haste to complete this!

(btw, Krang, you dont mind if i AIM you or whatever to ask you a question about the series, right?)
Krang 03-23-2005 10:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Maw
i think the robot features for season 2, and the Episode Listings are more important, because the hallmark of a good site, is the information, and other stuff (something something)

The site was pretty good, i was impressed at the multimedia and the fan contributions, lets make haste to complete this!

Thanks, glad you like what we have so far. The character profiles are almost done, we just need someone to help us write short summaries for each character. The robot features need a little work, but some people volunteered to help with them earlier. We could use someone to help with episode summaries, also...

quote:
(btw, Krang, you dont mind if i AIM you or whatever to ask you a question about the series, right?)

If I'm online, sure, but I rarely use AIM. A better way to contact me is through PM or email.