The Killers!!!!!!!

NightRanger 10-17-2004 04:53 PM
Man, 2004 has been a great year for Rock N Roll. We got these kick ass bands like Jet, The Darkness, etc, and now we have yet ANOTHER REAL ROCK BAND:THE KILLERS!!!! You may have heard their song "Somebody Told Me" (awesome song, BTW) on the radio. I'm gonna get their album. If you are into stuff like:

1.Having fun
2.Partying
3.Talking about the good times
4.Enjoying yourself

Then you're a REAL rocker for sure!!!! If you're into stuff like:

1.Depression
2.Whining bitches who can't shut up about how miserable their lives are
3.Being anti-social

Then you're nowhere near a rock fan. If you ARE a real rock fan, you will definately get a kick out of The Killers. Before you know it, they will be killing all the garbage that's on MTV and VH1 and mainstream radio, and we'll have more real rock in the future and less crap. I can't wait. Rock on, boys.

PS:Imagine a concert tour with The Killers, The Darkness and Jet!!! That would ROCK!!!!!!!
Zopwx2 10-17-2004 04:54 PM
I like somebody told me, but there is another song out of theirs that I didn't like and I percieve to be too whiny for my tastes.
Travis Bickle 10-17-2004 05:08 PM
I find them to be just another generic rock band made popular by MTV (just like the Darkness and Jet).
Zola 10-17-2004 05:08 PM
Overall, the album is decent, but it isn't as peppy as that first single might lead you to believe.
Prons 10-17-2004 05:52 PM
Cool, I will need to check them out.

1.Depression
2.Whining bitches who can't shut up about how miserable their lives are
3.Being anti-social

Stop talking about my Solo music carrer!

- Prons.
Sephiroth 10-17-2004 05:56 PM
I like Sombody Told Me alot, but I haven't heard many of their other songs unfortunatly. From what I have heard, I think they are a good band, and one of the better ones around today.
NightRanger 10-17-2004 06:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
I like Sombody Told Me alot, but I haven't heard many of their other songs unfortunatly. From what I have heard, I think they are a good band, and one of the better ones around today.

Your right about that!!!! Big Grin
pen1300 03-10-2005 12:37 PM
I acutally just picked up their album Hot Fuss recently because 1.) it was $10 and 2.) I'm obsessed with their song "Mr. Brightside." I must say, overall, I enjoy the album. I really like the songs. I find it to be an interesting mix of music. I didn't enjoy "Somebody Told Me" when it was first out, but then it grew on me. I've got a few songs on the album that have become my favorites like:

Mr. Brightside (Oh...wait...that was on the radio).
Andy, You're a Star
Believe Me Natalie
Everthing Will Be Alright

Later,
Pen1300
Mugiwara Luffy 03-10-2005 03:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
I acutally just picked up their album Hot Fuss recently because 1.) it was $10 and 2.) I'm obsessed with their song "Mr. Brightside." I must say, overall, I enjoy the album. I really like the songs. I find it to be an interesting mix of music. I didn't enjoy "Somebody Told Me" when it was first out, but then it grew on me. I've got a few songs on the album that have become my favorites like:

Mr. Brightside (Oh...wait...that was on the radio).
Andy, You're a Star
Believe Me Natalie
Everthing Will Be Alright

Later,
Pen1300

Ironically enough, besides Mr. Brightside, you have named the three songs I dislike the most. My favorites off Hot Fuss are:

Mr. Brightside
All These Things that I've Done
Somebody Told Me
Midnight Show

The Killers rock.
Zopwx2 03-10-2005 04:41 PM
Am I the only one who can't stand Mr. Brightside?

Antidote
Travis Bickle 03-10-2005 05:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]

No. I'm with you on that one. In fact, I flat out refused several requests to play it on my radio show.
Green_Bird 03-10-2005 05:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:

No. I'm with you on that one. In fact, I flat out refused several requests to play it on my radio show.

I can't stand it, either. It sounds like everyone else! I know everyone has their opinions, I respect that, But it just seems like everything is processed cheese, manufactured to sound like everyone else, or actual good bands from the mid/late 60s- early/mid 80s. Think about it...they just repeat the formula that worked with one band and they carry it over to another.

Most of the bands out there today have these catchy tunes that turn into earworms. The song gets stuck in your head, and you buy the album. That's what seems to be happening. Who knows they might be putting subliminal messages in the music like the Josie and the Pussycats movie Tongue .

But back to topic here. Personally, I can't stand them. Somebody Told Me is an earworm. And, like I said before, they just sound like everyone else. How can you enjoy something that sounds like everyone else?

Again....Please take no offence if you like the band; I'm just expressing my opinion.
Mugiwara Luffy 03-10-2005 07:57 PM
quote:
quote:

Heh, heh, I've been guilty of this actually... Big Grin

I don't know if they "sound like everybody else". Considering that I can't stand most of today's music, they must be doing something different. *shrugs*
Redd 03-10-2005 11:08 PM
Despite what everyone says, I LOVE the Killers... I almost got to see them in concert, but my mom wouldn't let me. ~___~

I listen to their album "Hot Fuss" like, 50 times a day...
My favorites:

1) Mr.Brightside (this song seems to describe my life lately, haha!)
2) Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
3) Somebody Told Me
4) Midnight Show
5) Everything Will be Alright (I find it very soothing... XP)

Ahh! I love all of their songs... yaaay for the Killers!
Travis Bickle 03-10-2005 11:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
quote:
quote:

Heh, heh, I've been guilty of this actually... Big Grin

Actually, that time, it was the studio manager who said "f*** no" to it (he was watching tv in my room at the time when you requested it). However, I probobly would have said the same thing. I'm sorry. It's just that...I try and not play what Matt and I consider to be "mainstreamed crap" on our radio show. No offense. Your other requests reaked of awesomeness.
StevieV019 03-11-2005 08:50 AM
A friend of mine burned me a cd after letting him borrow some new music he didnt have for his computer. (He listens to his computer at his store to pass the time...)

It was alright...but it was free...so I let him burn it for me...
Mugiwara Luffy 03-11-2005 03:20 PM
quote:
Actually, that time, it was the studio manager who said "f*** no" to it (he was watching tv in my room at the time when you requested it). However, I probobly would have said the same thing. I'm sorry. It's just that...I try and not play what Matt and I consider to be "mainstreamed crap" on our radio show. No offense. Your other requests reaked of awesomeness.

No, no its fine. I wasn't offended or anything.

Hmm...I think I'm gonna request some Led Zeppelin this Monday....

Edit: crud, I just remembered you aren't doing the show this week because of spring break...
Travis Bickle 03-11-2005 09:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
quote:

No, no its fine. I wasn't offended or anything.

Hmm...I think I'm gonna request some Led Zeppelin this Monday....

Edit: crud, I just remembered you aren't doing the show this week because of spring break...

In my mind I am... Big Grin

The ratings came in from the webcast last week. 127 people outside of the school LAN (and around 53 on it) were listening. 127 PEOPLE! No word via the local radio signal thingy though. I'll play some Zeppelin next time though...

We're cutting a promo when we get back. Like an ad for our show. It's going to be so badass. We're probobly going to call it something other than "The Scott and Matt Show" (on the way here, I thought of "Say No To Emo").

Anyway, yeah, they're using Mr. Brightside for a car commercial now. I'm really starting to hate that songe even more now.
Volt 03-11-2005 10:25 PM
quote:
(on the way here, I thought of "Say No To Emo").

Hahahaha... no comment.

I don't know about The Killers. I liked Somebody Told Me for a while.
Then I woke from my coma.
Essentially, I think they're indistinguishable from the rest of the crowd. I haven't heard anything really catchy or original in their songs, and the main singer's voice makes my ears bleed a little bit. The lyrics, IMO, just add more whiney high school drama stories to the fray of crap.
R_Dorothied 03-12-2005 10:23 AM
The Killer's are synth-pop for retards, more or less over.