Saddest movie ever.

Zopwx2 10-15-2004 07:03 PM
What movies have really pulled on your heartstrings, and brought tears to your eyes.

The only movie to have ever made me cry, was The Brave Little Toaster.

man was that an awesome movie
Fujiko 10-15-2004 07:07 PM
Schindler's List was super sad.

The end of Monster's Inc. made me cry too (don't laugh Tongue )
Zopwx2 10-15-2004 07:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fujiko_Dee

I still haven't seen that movie and I've heard so much about it, I need to get my ass down to the video store and pick it up.
Mike 10-15-2004 07:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fujiko_Dee

The end of Monster's Inc. made me cry too (don't laugh Tongue )

You know, I never saw the end of that. Alghough a friend of mine cried at the end. (i don't know if he actually did or not but my brother made fun of him for it)
Darkside 10-15-2004 07:29 PM
Green Mile.

Only movie to have made me cry.
Benjamin 10-15-2004 07:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
What movies have really pulled on your heartstrings, and brought tears to your eyes.

It wasn't a movie, but when Angemon Died, From Series one, I broke out into tears Crying
Avenir 10-15-2004 07:39 PM
The saddest movie ever, in my opinion, is the anime film Grave of the Fireflies. Such a very powerful movie and very, very sad.
Zopwx2 10-15-2004 07:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Avenir
The saddest movie ever, in my opinion, is the anime film Grave of the Fireflies. Such a very powerful movie and very, very sad.

Is that the one about the boy and his sister trying to live in wwII japan?
Tickle Tickle 10-15-2004 07:49 PM
One sad movie is 'Life is Beautiful' it was an Italian flim, that took place during the Holocaust. Really sad. I really felt bad for the little boy.
spoiler (highlight to read):
Since his father was killed by a Nazi soldier.

And it's an anime, but it IS a movie (I know I keep mentioning it..) Anderson Douwa- Ningyo Hime or Anderson's Story- Princess Mermaid/The Little Mermaid. It follows the oringial story closely, so it's very sad, mainly the ending. I first saw it when I was about 5, and I still cry when I watch it.

EDIT:

fixed title, thanks Tifaria! Happy
Ozymandius Jones 10-15-2004 07:50 PM
Old Yeller...I hate the end, 'cuz the dog dies...THEY SHOULD NEVER KILL THE DOG!!!! Um...I know there are more, but I can't think right now.
Tifaria 10-15-2004 07:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Super Umino
I can't remeber the title, but it was an Italian flim, that took place during the Holocaust. I think it was called A Wonderful Lifeor something like that. Really sad. I really felt bad for the little boy.

I think you mean "Life is Beautiful", with Roberto Benigni? I cry like a sissy every time I see that movie.. it is SO SAD. I mean.. seriously. Probably my favorite sad movie ever, it's just so.. augh!
Tickle Tickle 10-15-2004 07:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria
I think you mean "Life is Beautiful", with Roberto Benigni? I cry like a sissy every time I see that movie.. it is SO SAD. I mean.. seriously. Probably my favorite sad movie ever, it's just so.. augh!

Yes! Thanks, I knew the title had 'life' in it. ^^;
Avenir 10-15-2004 08:17 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Avenir

Is that the one about the boy and his sister trying to live in wwII japan?

Yep, that's it. It had a very sad ending.
Hienrich Ele 10-15-2004 09:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria
quote:
I can't remeber the title, but it was an Italian flim, that took place during the Holocaust. I think it was called A Wonderful Lifeor something like that. Really sad. I really felt bad for the little boy.

One of my favorite movies of all times. Even a big guy like me felt an inclination to cry at the end.

Gotta love the kid's face when he sees the tank
Volt 10-16-2004 12:29 AM
quote:

WORD. That piece of household appliance kicked so much ass.

The saddest movie I've seen is probably The Fellowship of The Ring. Before I read the books, I was really sad when Gandalf fell to his (supposed) doom. And when Boromir got filled with a gillion arrows.
Manji 10-16-2004 01:12 AM
I'm not much a cryer, but "The Last Samurai" and "Saving Private Ryan" were pretty powerful movies.

:EDIT:

"Black Hawk Down" got me good too, still nothings made me cry though (Except Gigli... but I don't think that was from any powerful emotions Big Grin )
Fujiko 10-16-2004 01:14 AM
quote:
One sad movie is 'Life is Beautiful' it was an Italian flim, that took place during the Holocaust. Really sad. I really felt bad for the little boy.

And it's an anime, but it IS a movie (I know I keep mentioning it..) Anderson Douwa- Ningyo Hime or Anderson's Story- Princess Mermaid/The Little Mermaid. It follows the oringial story closely, so it's very sad, mainly the ending. I first saw it when I was about 5, and I still cry when I watch it.

EDIT:

fixed title, thanks Tifaria! Happy

Totally forgot about that one! i love that movie, it made me cry when "that" happened (if you haven't seen this movie, and choose not to see the spoiler, too bad!)

quote:
Originally posted by Manji

"Black Hawk Down" got me good too, still nothings made me cry though (Except Gigli... but I don't think that was from any powerful emotions)

Jeez dude, i hope you saw that for free. I wouldn't want to even think you paid for that.
Mr. Saturn 10-16-2004 02:12 AM
I've watched a lot of movies in my day and a lot of the ones above were really powerful, but i think the only movie to make me come close to crying was... Metropolis.... Not Fritz Lange's Metropolis. Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis (The one made by Rintaro and Katsuhiro Otomo... after Osamu died....) I'm a sucker for love stories with sad endings, but seeing as this is the only one I'll allow myself to watch....

I come VERY close to crying everytime I watch that movie and I'm left with this feeling of on ui (I think I spelled it right o_O). I think It's the music that really gets me. I like Jazz and blues. And Osamu Tezuka > All
Tickle Tickle 10-16-2004 08:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey D. Luffy
I've watched a lot of movies in my day and a lot of the ones above were really powerful, but i think the only movie to make me come close to crying was... Metropolis.... Not Fritz Lange's Metropolis. Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis (The one made by Rintaro and Katsuhiro Otomo... after Osamu died....) I'm a sucker for love stories with sad endings, but seeing as this is the only one I'll allow myself to watch....

Metropolis was sad! Really a great movie, glad it's coming on Adult Swim.
F-14Tomcat 10-16-2004 09:23 AM
The ending of the James Bond movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (OHMSS) really depressed me........... I couldn't believe they had it end like that!

Totally caught me off guard