[Suggestion] ICQ/MSN buttons that match the others.

X Prime 10-14-2004 02:31 PM
I noticed you guys have an MSN button that simply does not match with the rest because it's just a pixelated butterfly. Here's one that does, from the WBB2 PSDs. There's a matching ICQ one as well if you desire, but you'll have to change the img src in the templates for that one.

The current one:
    X Prime 10-15-2004 01:49 AM
    And here's the ICQ one, simply to save time if you want it... You'd need to edit out the slow as heck cgi script the board links to as it's ICQ image and replace it...
      Krang 10-15-2004 02:04 AM
      quote:
      Originally posted by X Prime
      I noticed you guys have an MSN button that simply does not match with the rest because it's just a pixelated butterfly. Here's one that does, from the WBB2 PSDs. There's a matching ICQ one as well if you desire, but you'll have to change the img src in the templates for that one.

The current one:

Yeah, the current MSN icon doesn't look good at all against a dark background. The buttons you attached look great, but there is one small problem: it seems that the reason the MSN and ICQ buttons were kept small was so that on 800x600 resolutions, the icons wouldn't start spilling onto a second line if someone has all the IM programs filled in on their profile. Luckily I don't have to use that resolution anymore, but I'm sure there are still people who do. Maybe a smaller version of that button would work?
      F-14Tomcat 10-15-2004 10:09 AM
      quote:
      Originally posted by Krang
      quote:

The current one:

Yeah, the current MSN icon doesn't look good at all against a dark background. The buttons you attached look great, but there is one small problem: it seems that the reason the MSN and ICQ buttons were kept small was so that on 800x600 resolutions, the icons wouldn't start spilling onto a second line if someone has all the IM programs filled in on their profile. Luckily I don't have to use that resolution anymore, but I'm sure there are still people who do. Maybe a smaller version of that button would work?

I tried shortening the MSN button X Prime provided......... Not sure if it's any better though:
      X Prime 10-15-2004 05:10 PM
      quote:
      Originally posted by Krang
      quote:

The current one:

Maybe, yes. I kind of overlooked the bit you mentioned, since it'll only increase vertical space on those who fill in nearly all the options (rare) by a measly two text line width, and vertical space isn't too much of a consequence compared to horizontal stretching... And I use the darned resolution, heh.

EDIT: Nice one Tomcat.
      Krang 10-16-2004 03:15 AM
      quote:
      Originally posted by F-14Tomcat
      I tried shortening the MSN button X Prime provided......... Not sure if it's any better though:

Thanks! I tested it out on 800x600 and it just fits, so I replaced the old one with it.
      Zola 10-16-2004 09:28 AM
      Here, I'll post to show everyone now it looks since I'm one of those ignoramuses that have all the programs... Smile