[Suggestion] Two New Sticky Threads

Travis Bickle 10-12-2004 03:10 PM
I have a (somewhat useless) idea:

Instead of creating a new thread for everytime someone is sick and/or going on vacation, we have 2 sticky threads at the top of the Speakeasy called the Vacation thread and the Sick thread. This way it will save users from further confusion/frustration/whatever about who is sick and/or on vacation.
Pygmalion 10-12-2004 03:37 PM
The nice thing about having separate threads is that they are easier to search for and they are self-limiting. Eventually the topic loses popularity and falls off the first page.

Pygmalion
Prons 10-12-2004 05:46 PM
There could be just one big ol thread for, sick, vacation, or I hate you guys and am leaving forever threads.
Dude Love 10-12-2004 05:56 PM
Wouldn't that encourage "I hate you guys and I'm leaving you forever" situations? Since it basically says "there's an easier way out that working out your differences".
Seraphim 10-12-2004 06:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Wouldn't that encourage "I hate you guys and I'm leaving you forever" situations?


People are going to do it anyway. We might as well save some thread space.
Dude Love 10-12-2004 06:31 PM
Mmhmm...But, still, won't that thread end up in perpetual lock down since pretty much every time someone posts that they hate us all, there's a reaction, and a flame war brews?
Asirt 10-12-2004 06:42 PM
Although this sounds like a good idea at first, it can bring many problems, as Wienberg mentioned earlier. Then again, it happens all the time, and there isn't much we can do about it. There was also talk long ago about making one Birthday thread as well long ago:
Birthday Threads

Personally, I think this is good idea, but we should have some ideas on how to overcome the problems that arise.
Seraphim 10-12-2004 06:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Mmhmm...But, still, won't that thread end up in perpetual lock down since pretty much every time someone posts that they hate us all, there's a reaction, and a flame war brews?


Well, I think he was making a hyperbole when he said "hate". It's more like an "I'm going to leave the forums, goodbye" thread.
Prons 10-12-2004 07:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Wouldn't that encourage "I hate you guys and I'm leaving you forever" situations? Since it basically says "there's an easier way out that working out your differences".


I was pretty much kidding when I said that. Happy
Krang 10-12-2004 11:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
I have a (somewhat useless) idea:

Instead of creating a new thread for everytime someone is sick and/or going on vacation, we have 2 sticky threads at the top of the Speakeasy called the Vacation thread and the Sick thread. This way it will save users from further confusion/frustration/whatever about who is sick and/or on vacation.

Good idea, but it's already a little crowded up there, and I don't think threads like that are started often enough to deserve new sticky threads.

quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Well, I think he was making a hyperbole when he said "hate". It's more like an "I'm going to leave the forums, goodbye" thread.

I've already said that there will be absolutely no encouragement for threads like that. And Prons was joking, so there's no reason to continue posting about it.