Okay, I am not sure, But Should I install PHOTOSHOP?

Benjamin 10-09-2004 12:06 PM
I remember hearing that it was a good program, but is it worth the memory use?
Asirt 10-09-2004 12:10 PM
Well, it depends on how well you know the program. There are other alternates that you can try also.

Paint Shop Pro 7
GIMP
Macromedia Fireworks

These are the ones that I use. I'm sure there are others, but use the one that most suits your needs.

Later,
Trisa
Christina Perry 10-11-2004 12:49 AM
I got PhotoShop Elements I installed many months ago.
Dude Love 10-11-2004 09:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGirl
I got PhotoShop Elements I installed many months ago.

Same here, and so far I've enjoyed it very much. It has been generally agreed upon that Photoshop is one of the best Photo editting programs on the market, but it is very expensive. So, I got elements instead. Everything I probably could have used minus all the stuff that I may never need.
The Baker St. Irregular 10-11-2004 04:56 PM
It is a priceless program... if you know how to use it. I myself had the patience to sit down and learn it by trial and error, and now I use it for everything, from schoolwork to websites to art.

However, if you do not plan on using Photoshop for very much, or very often, I recommend trying out Paint Shop Pro. It's easier, and it does all the important things that you need an image editor to do.

As for Photoshop Elements, I've never even seen it before, so I can't tell you anything about it. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Asirt 10-11-2004 05:06 PM
I personally think that all programs have somewhat the same features as those that are highly rated as the best. In my tutorials thread, I mentioned two programs that are advanced, and can be as good as Photoshop. You should try out many different programs, and see which one is right for you. Just because you have Photoshop, doesn't automatically mean that you are sure to get the best images. As I always hear, "The program doesn't make the image, it's the person". The other users who have posted gave you some good alternates as have I, so I would try all programs before making a decision on which one will be the best. Smile

Hope that helps,
Trisa