[Question] The New Skins

Christina Perry 10-10-2004 10:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGirl
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Standard? Yeah, it DOES kind of suck.

I agree, and I personally wouldn't use it myself. I just left it in there in case anyone prefers a style with a light background and dark text instead of vice versa.


How about a Roger Smith skin? All Roger Fangirls can get that skin!


It's hard to do a skin like that... Especially if it's made dead black (A no no).


No, I mean Sliver and Off Black will work on Roger Smith skin.
Seraphim 10-10-2004 10:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGirl
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGirl
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Standard? Yeah, it DOES kind of suck.

I agree, and I personally wouldn't use it myself. I just left it in there in case anyone prefers a style with a light background and dark text instead of vice versa.


How about a Roger Smith skin? All Roger Fangirls can get that skin!


It's hard to do a skin like that... Especially if it's made dead black (A no no).


No, I mean Sliver and Off Black will work on Roger Smith skin.


A silverish black would look nice.
X Prime 10-10-2004 10:25 AM
The closest thing I've seen that could fit Roger Smith would be this, provided I edited out the red and turned it into a silver or gray. Can't take credit for this one.

http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?styleid=17
Benjamin 10-10-2004 03:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
As you wish.

Big O

Used Season 1 colors... Season 2 makes for a terrible scheme.

Big Fau

Colors pulled from The Third Big ep were too screwy. The white is thus lightened and less yellowish. Sand color is, surprise, from the hand saws. AND YES THERE IS RED, LOOK AT THE RADIO BUTTONS!

Big Venus

Ignore the gradient and button color, need to fix them. Too sick to do it right now, flu yanno.


The Big Fau One Is Quite Nice Big Grin .
The Big Finale 10-10-2004 07:25 PM
Oh, something I wanted to ask about earlier; Why was the Big Duo Inferno skin added with a cut version of its original banner?

Those full-size banners are awesome.
X Prime 10-11-2004 12:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale
Oh, something I wanted to ask about earlier; Why was the Big Duo Inferno skin added with a cut version of its original banner?

Those full-size banners are awesome.


It was mainly due to their large size, and the fact they looked oddly out of place if not enclosed within a table.
Krang 10-11-2004 12:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale
Oh, something I wanted to ask about earlier; Why was the Big Duo Inferno skin added with a cut version of its original banner?

Those full-size banners are awesome.

Two reasons. First, the full size banner would use up alot more bandwidth, as it's 70.66 KB as opposed to 12.73 KB for the reduced version. Second, X Prime modified his templates so that the buttons and banner at the top are within table cells. Over here, the full size banner would look awkward without that modification (I suppose I could change that here also, but I would need to make a new template for it, and that would be kind of pointless here since only one style would use that template).

Edit: Oops, posted at the same time...

quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
The closest thing I've seen that could fit Roger Smith would be this, provided I edited out the red and turned it into a silver or gray. Can't take credit for this one.

http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?styleid=17

I agree, that would be a great Roger Smith style if those modifications were made. I especially like the button set for that style.
X Prime 10-11-2004 01:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
The closest thing I've seen that could fit Roger Smith would be this, provided I edited out the red and turned it into a silver or gray. Can't take credit for this one.

http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?styleid=17

I agree, that would be a great Roger Smith style if those modifications were made. I especially like the button set for that style.


A few of the buttons are kind of missing their gradient... Easily fixed however. This said, I'm not sure I can even modify it to give out to ya, thus the "I can't take credit" bit. It was origianlly a German style that I converted to WBB2 with permission (I sent the style file via email to the original author after, but they rather rudely never added it.). I'll give it to you if you want it though... Minus any sort of banner, LOL.
Krang 10-11-2004 01:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
A few of the buttons are kind of missing their gradient... Easily fixed however. This said, I'm not sure I can even modify it to give out to ya, thus the "I can't take credit" bit. It was origianlly a German style that I converted to WBB2 with permission (I sent the style file via email to the original author after, but they rather rudely never added it.). I'll give it to you if you want it though... Minus any sort of banner, LOL.

Oh, if that's the case, don't worry about it, since I don't want to use someone else's style without their permission. Instead, maybe we could add the Big Venus style here once you're finished with it since it seems to be the most requested out of the three you posted (judging by the responses in this thread and the last thread).
The Big Finale 10-11-2004 01:34 AM
No Big Fau or O? Ahh...

Oh well. Maybe next time around, then.
Krang 10-11-2004 01:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale
No Big Fau or O? Ahh...

Oh well. Maybe next time around, then.

If there's enough interest, I could add the other two also, but Big Venus seems to be the most popular of the three.
Seraphim 10-13-2004 01:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale
No Big Fau or O? Ahh...

Oh well. Maybe next time around, then.

If there's enough interest, I could add the other two also, but Big Venus seems to be the most popular of the three.


Can't we just add all of them in? They all look good, and I can't see the harm in it... (I was under the impression that installing skins is like a copy and paste thing, where you put the file in a directory then just select to enable it.) If it's harder than that, I guess just go with Venus, since it's the best looking.

Also, in regards to a Smith theme... in that one X posted earlier, it was red on black... silver on black might be better for Roger Smith.
Krang 10-13-2004 02:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Can't we just add all of them in? They all look good, and I can't see the harm in it... (I was under the impression that installing skins is like a copy and paste thing, where you put the file in a directory then just select to enable it.) If it's harder than that, I guess just go with Venus, since it's the best looking.

I like all of the styles that X Prime posted also, but there's no point in adding styles if they will not be used. I'm just trying to keep the database optimized by keeping unused data to a minimum (which is the same reason why member accounts with 0 posts are periodically removed).
X Prime 10-13-2004 07:44 AM
Never thought I'd find someone crazier about optimization and database clutter than I am, hehe (no offense meant Krang).

That said, as far as I know style entries take up a good deal of space (due to design pack stuff)... Each style takes up, erm... about 20 times the space of a member I think? Assuming they don't post that is.
Benjamin 10-13-2004 05:49 PM
*coughs*
spoiler (highlight to read):
Thread is turning into *coughs again* spam
...We are going off topic, wouldn't this be better in a new thread..?
Mike 10-13-2004 05:52 PM
Not really, they're still talking about the skins...

For what it's worth, I like all of the skins that have been posted.
Benjamin 10-13-2004 06:33 PM
Yes but the question is, as I think krang said, Is that would many people in paradigm use them...Come on the current skin is the best out of all of them.

And Krang said he wouldn't do it.

I'd say case closed.
The Big Finale 10-13-2004 06:52 PM
Krang said he would add the skins if there was enough support for them.

Besides, it's not like you HAVE to use the skins if they're added (which the Venus skin likely will be, since the most support has been shown for it out of all of X Primes')
X Prime 10-13-2004 08:09 PM
It'll be submitted as soon as I can get my pixel artist to edit two lines out of it.
X Prime 10-13-2004 08:40 PM
...And here you are! Rename .zip to .gz if you have problems opening...