[Suggestion] PCF soundtrack

Tabris-kun 10-07-2004 01:27 PM
I was wondering how cool it might be if PCF had a jukebox or something like to listen to while members are online. Tongue
X Prime 10-07-2004 01:41 PM
Suggested before. The answer is no, would kill bandwidth.
Prons 10-07-2004 03:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 82890
I was wondering how cool it might be if PCF had a jukebox or something like to listen to while members are online. Tongue

It would kill bandwith, kill space on the server, it would be very bulky, and it would not be effective as members just DOWNLOADING Mp3s and a winamp.
Bentar 10-08-2004 11:27 PM
How about someone set up a radio channel at live365.com? Fee is $10 a month for a 'small' station, and it covers RIAA license fees. It could have the std. Big O music, as well as other selections, choice voiceovers, and even soundclips and fake Big O oriented ads submitted by PCF members.
You go into the PCF forums, and the live365 channel starts playing (if you set it to in your profile). Does that addres the bandwidth issues?
Prons 10-11-2004 11:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bentar
How about someone set up a radio channel at live365.com? Fee is $10 a month for a 'small' station, and it covers RIAA license fees. It could have the std. Big O music, as well as other selections, choice voiceovers, and even soundclips and fake Big O oriented ads submitted by PCF members.
You go into the PCF forums, and the live365 channel starts playing (if you set it to in your profile). Does that addres the bandwidth issues?

I still say you can just run VLC, Winamp, BSplayer, Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player, or even Real player in the backround with the big o sound track.... for free...
Document Oosha 10-21-2004 10:57 AM
The Big O OSTs are free? I think that was the point of Bentar's post.

Although, $10 a month is pretty bad for something only a handful of people would use, and fewer would actually care about.
Asirt 10-21-2004 11:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Document Oosha
The Big O OSTs are free? I think that was the point of Bentar's post.

They aren't. I think what Prons meant was that if you have the OST's, you can just listen to them with your music player (Winamp, foobar2000, Sonique, etc.). It is a bit much for a station that only few people would use.

There are probably free radio channels you can set up, but personally, I wouldn't worry about it.