Hello from Dixieland

DragonMir 10-04-2004 02:13 AM
Hello Paradigm City! It's so nice to be in a place where Big O is loved and cherished as he ought to be. Thank you for setting up a site dedicated to the intelligent discussion of anime. Wink I got so frustrated with the boards at Adult Swim letting every naive child in the world post every ridiculous notion possible (usually about how Big O sucks), that I had to bail. Seriously, is there anyone over the age of fourteen who posts on those boards! How's the drive for season 3 coming? Anyone thought about hitting up Ted Turner himself. Since Jane Fonda left him, he's probably lonely and open to a little female persuasion. I'd gladly spend his money for him.
Fujiko 10-04-2004 02:29 AM
Haha! That seems like a good idea! Cool, you have a sense of humor!

Hi, I'm Fujiko, fellow thief here, welcoming you to the Forums. I hope you enjoy your stay here, and we'd love to see your insight on Big O. Smile
Madrona 10-04-2004 03:07 AM
Greeting DragonMir, and welcome to our lovely domes. Hope you enjoy your stay here. You won't be leaving anytime soon...Really, didn't you see the fine print?

Have fun and follow all the directions that will be coming forthwith.

Madrona
The Baker St. Irregular 10-04-2004 05:29 AM
...What's all this malarky that you're spouting about the Cubs? If it's true, you've made a dangerous enemy, my friend.

But until then, I'm Mistress-Samwise, the go-to girl for everything Black Jack and Lord of the Rings! Other than that, I'm just another PAradigm City forums parasite. Welcome to our little world here. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

That is, unless you keep bad-mouthin' the Cubs.
dominusofdeath 10-04-2004 05:52 AM
............O_o............
~steals a fish~........
Hello! Welcome to PCF! Hope you enjoy your stay!
~runs away~
Pygmalion 10-04-2004 08:39 AM
Greetings, DragonMir, and welcome to our happy domes! It sounds like you want to root for the underdogs. Let me present you with an advance copy of Vera Ronstadt's new book, Look For the Union Label, her account of the years in the wastelands outside Paradigm.

Interested in fan works? Take a look at a little piece called Rota, one of many interesting stories and pictures in Nightingale forum.

Smith Mansion is your source of analysis and creative guesswork about the show itself.

Ailesberry has tons of info on other anime and manga.

Speakeasy is the home of off-Big O posts and birthday wishes.

Finally, JFK Mark is the place to discuss topics about the boards. There are lively continuing threads on avatars and banners.

Hope to see you around the fora!

Cheers,
Pygmalion
Tony Waynewrong 10-04-2004 09:09 AM
Welcome to the city of amnesia. My name is... is.... ** looks at username ** Tony and I hope you enjoy all the fanart, fanfics and fandemonium (borrowed from Pygmalion's dictionary). So kick back and relax.

Oh, by the way, leave your sanity at the door with Norman. Those things aren't allowed in here. Smile
Asirt 10-04-2004 09:24 AM
Welcome to Paradigm City, DragonMir. I hope you enjoy your stay here at the forums! Big Grin

Be sure to check out many of the different threads available to you, but more importantly, have fun with it! Smile )

If you need anything at all, ask the mods or the admin, and they will answer anything! Wink

Later,
Trisa
Spooky 10-04-2004 01:48 PM
I post over at the ASB occasionally, and I'm over the age of 14 Big Grin But it is a rare occasion that I actually post over there, or spend any real time there; I prefer PCF Wink

Anyway, welcome to our happy home! Make yourself comfortable and stick around for a while Smile

Latah Wink
Token
Travis Bickle 10-04-2004 02:17 PM
Wow. Quite an entrance, DragonMir. Most of us are over the age of 14 (I killed it, didn't I?) such as myself. This place beats the pants off of the spamfest known as the Adult Swim Forums. We all have something in common here: we all like Big O (except the occasional few, but we burn them at the stake Big Grin ). If Big O is your shtick, than you belong here. But please leave your memories at the door...
Benjamin 10-04-2004 02:17 PM
Welcome to paradigm city, enjoy your time here
Mike 10-04-2004 02:31 PM
We should all form an angry mob and bust down Ted Turner's door.

So...Cubs fan, eh? Well, you're not a Red Sox fan, so you're ok then.

Anyway welcome, don't be too attached to your sanity and whatnot.
dawnstrider 10-04-2004 05:01 PM
Jo, newcomer Cool . Welcome to the boards Smile . Hope you enjoy your stay, have some fun, and, of course, share your interests. You're no novice when it comes to web forums, so you probably need no directional help, but just in case, the Orientation threads are always at the top of the page Smile . Again, we welcome you with open arms Smile .

Peace
Hienrich Ele 10-04-2004 05:10 PM
Welcome!

You will have fun here! It is not a "hope you have fun" but a forced fun. Because believe me, you will...

Its a fun/threat sentence!

Hope you post a lot.
Dude Love 10-04-2004 06:40 PM
Hey. I'm Wienberg. I consider myself to be friendly, most of the time. Evil

Now that I got the pseudo-evil out of my system, welcome DragonMir. It's cool to see another Big O fan around. New Members are always great to see.

Now, I suppose you should get a tour. However, I'm not the person to do that. That would be dawnstrider. So, consult his threads at the top of the Hudson River Pier, here. Also, see The Fallen Phoenix's Surivival Guide, also here.

For Quick Reference:

dawnstrider's Visual Rule Guide - A guide to the rules with examples. Cool beans.
dawnstrider's Orientation Thread - Just a run through of all the forums, who the moderators are, and who you ought to contact with questions.
The Fallen Phoenix's Official Paradigm-City Survival Guide - Another introduction to the forums, including descriptions of infamous members of PCF.

Alright, so congrats on joining our forums, and if you have any questions or you just want to talk, feel free to PM me. You can click the PM button or click the boulder badge in my signature.
Zopwx2 10-04-2004 08:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DragonMir
Hello Paradigm City! It's so nice to be in a place where Big O is loved and cherished as he ought to be. Thank you for setting up a site dedicated to the intelligent discussion of anime. Wink I got so frustrated with the boards at Adult Swim letting every naive child in the world post every ridiculous notion possible (usually about how Big O sucks), that I had to bail. Seriously, is there anyone over the age of fourteen who posts on those boards! How's the drive for season 3 coming? Anyone thought about hitting up Ted Turner himself. Since Jane Fonda left him, he's probably lonely and open to a little female persuasion. I'd gladly spend his money for him.

Welcome!

There are some yougin's on the board, but either way this is a place where real big o discussion goes down!

I get frustrated with AS alot too, its great to have this place.

Season 3 info is all in my signature ---->
BabyGhia 10-04-2004 10:29 PM
Welcome to the forum, DragonMir!

Enjoy your stay!

Big Grin

BabyGhia
COHugh 10-04-2004 11:38 PM
Oops! I can't believe I didn't notice this thread earlier!

Here, lessee what the Bag'O'Crap has in-store today!!

::digs::

::smiles as he continues to dig::

AH!

Interesting.

You get:

::drumroll::

A used ink ribbon from an ancient dot-matrix printer, you lucky woman you!

Welcome aboard the S.S. Paradigm, please leave sanity at the door!
DragonMir 10-05-2004 11:01 PM
Gosh I feel overwhelmed with love and affection. You like me, you really like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry about the leaving sanity at the door thing that so many of you happened to mention, I lost mine a long, long time ago (probably in a galaxy far away) due to the lack of playoff appearances (let alone wins) by those blasted Cubbies.

Thanks everyone! Wink
ebie 10-06-2004 09:05 PM
WELCOME TO PCF DUDE!!!!