Transformers Live-Action Movie:Megatron speaks

Darkside 10-02-2004 08:41 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=1772

There is no smiley in the world that can show the smile on my face right now!!!!
2007 must get here NOW!
X Prime 10-02-2004 08:45 PM
All I gotta say is... It better not suck. I'm getting G-Saviour vibes here.
Zopwx2 10-02-2004 10:22 PM
What the whoi?

I wonder how they'll pull it off.
evanASF27 10-02-2004 10:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
What the whoi?

a sh*t load of CG that's how. Think "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow".
Zopwx2 10-03-2004 12:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
What the whoi?

a sh*t load of CG that's how. Think "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow".

ewwwww

I still believe excessive CGI is grotesque.
Mugiwara Luffy 10-03-2004 06:04 PM
What I don't understand is how they can call it "live-action" when there is so much CG animation involved.

Whatever...if it looks cool in 2006, I'll go see it.
evanASF27 10-03-2004 06:44 PM
Ain't it the truth. They'd better use some real damn objects in it or they'll be compared to "Sky Capt. and the World of Tomorrow" instead of something more fitting like "Star Wars". Star Wars, uses actual models and sets and then there's the CG. But at least when there is CG, it looks 90% real.

Making live action movies for giant robots is going to be risky (whether for Transformers, Big O, or even Neon Genesis Evangelion). If they think the only way to make the movie is CG, then they'll make something like Sky Captain...if they try to make it live action first and then putin CG for the really impossible scenes, then it'll be like Star Wars.

If you can't tell, I'd rather it be like the latter of the two (star wars).
o55goten 10-04-2004 09:04 PM
I love transormers and all but this movie is probably going to turn out horrible because i don't think they will get the size of transformers when the are mechs and when they are transformed.
Benjamin 10-04-2004 09:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=1772

There is no smiley in the world that can show the smile on my face right now!!!!
2006 must get here NOW!

Starts counting: 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9......

spoiler (highlight to read):
I can't wait!
Darkside 10-04-2004 10:36 PM
Update! After a little searching I found a bunch of Lithographs by a guy named David Guivant. He says their for the upcoming movie, apparently the movie is gonna be based on the original Marvel Transformers Comics from the 80's. here they are! enjoy! (56kers warning!)

The Big Ian 10-05-2004 08:34 PM
Is it just me, or did they mispell Teletraan 1? </Nerdular Nerdence>
Prons 10-05-2004 09:59 PM
This movie may turn out to be really sexy.
M.S. Feather 10-07-2004 07:23 AM
quote:
Update! After a little searching I found a bunch of Lithographs by a guy named David Guivant. He says their for the upcoming movie, apparently the movie is gonna be based on the original Marvel Transformers Comics from the 80's. here they are! enjoy! (56kers warning!)

Shocked *gasm*

And in all seriousness...this might not turn out half bad. I'm sure visually it will be absolutely stunning, I just hope they have a team of good writers to pull of a great story.
Either way, I'm going to be there opening day! Just imagine...that huge climactic Optimus/Megatron battle on the big screen. *melts*

Uh, and does anyone happen to have a cast list? Or at least know if Starscream's going to be in it? ~_~
R.Smith 11-19-2004 07:28 PM
Little bit of news from www.bwtf.com/

quote:
11/19/04: Transformers Movie producers meet with Simon Furman
The live action Transformers movie producers Tom DeSanto and Don Murphy have met with writer Simon Furman to discuss the live action move. From Don Murphy's message boards:

Very happy to report that the talented Tom DeSanto and I had the luck to meet this morning with Simon Furman, Transformers Historian Extraordinaire. We brought him up to speed on the movie as it stands now. He brought us a glimpse into the dark and deep recesses of his noggin. It was a very exciting first meeting, under a sunny sky in the courtyard of the old Charlie Chaplin lot (now owned by the the Jim Henson heirs) and was FOR SURE the beginning of many good things to come.

So now you know......and soon the world will know.

You can read the original post here.

Yes, I know the the site the post is down is having a "slight problem".
Darkside 11-19-2004 08:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by M.S._Feather
quote:

Shocked *gasm*

And in all seriousness...this might not turn out half bad. I'm sure visually it will be absolutely stunning, I just hope they have a team of good writers to pull of a great story.
Either way, I'm going to be there opening day! Just imagine...that huge climactic Optimus/Megatron battle on the big screen. *melts*

Uh, and does anyone happen to have a cast list? Or at least know if Starscream's going to be in it? ~_~

Frank Welker and Peter Cullen are for certain!
Since Chris Latta (original voice of Starscream) has passed away, not for sure on who will do Screamer.

R.SMith: AWESOMENESS!
R.Smith 11-19-2004 10:01 PM
quote:
Since Chris Latta (original voice of Starscream) has passed away, not for sure on who will do Screamer.

Really? Confused Aw man that sucks big time! Crying Man, I can't imagine who could do Starscream's voice.....Oh Well Frown
Nyarlathotep 11-19-2004 11:11 PM
Shockwave's in it? Sweetness!
BigPrime 11-20-2004 01:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:

Really? Confused Aw man that sucks big time! Crying Man, I can't imagine who could do Starscream's voice.....Oh Well Frown

He died a good ten years ago. A fair number of G1 TF voice actors have passed on, with Latta (who also did Wheeljack and Sparkplug Witwicky for TF and Cobra Commander for GI Joe) and Scatman Crothers who did Jazz being among the most well known.

As for Screamer's voice, there have been several voice actors who played him since Latta's death. The one who did it his cameo in Beast Wars did a damn good job (an almost perfect replica of Latta's voice), as has the one who has played him in Armada and Energon.
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 04-07-2005 09:30 PM
Wed Apr 6, 2:30 AM ET

By Borys Kit and Liza Foreman

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Michael Bay is in talks to direct the DreamWorks/Paramount live-action adaptation of "The Transformers," Hasbro's popular 1980s toy line of giant robots that morph into cars, trucks, planes, ships and other technological creations

The move would reteam the director with DreamWorks, which is handling domestic distribution on the movie. Bay is helming DreamWorks' upcoming summer release "The Island," a co-production with Warner Bros. Pictures.

Bay also would reunite with writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who, under their two-year, first-look deal with DreamWorks, rewrote "Island" and wrote "Transformers."

The Transformers are divided into two groups of robots, one led by Optimus Prime, which believes in tolerance and the sanctity of life, the other by Megatron, which espouses survival of the fittest and the extermination of biological life.

A Nov. 17, 2006, release date has been set. Bay's credits include the two "Bad Boys" movies, "Pearl Harbor," "Armageddon" and "The Rock."
R.Smith 04-07-2005 09:58 PM
There's already a thread for the Transformers Movie here. Wink

Transformers Live-Action Movie in 2006! UPDATE: Lithographs for movie!

[Edit: Threads merged. --Krang]