Transformers Live-Action Movie:Megatron speaks

R.Smith 06-29-2006 08:05 PM
quote:
Transformers Teaser Officially Launched

Well it looks as if Paramount would rather release the trailer than see people jumping from site to site to find the illegal version. So now you can see it in all its glory at the Official Transformers Movie Website.

Please be aware, the site is likely getting bombarded with people. The result is the site is moving rather slowly.

quote:
Transformers Teaser Discussion

It has come to our attention, from various sources, that the teaser trailer for the upcoming Transformers movie has leaked onto the internet. TFW2005 will not be posting this trailer. While we understand the excitement and eagerness of the fan community, the trailer is an illegal bootleg that is clearly watermarked "Property of Paramount Pictures".

We can not prevent people from seeking out the trailer on their own. However we do ask that members DO NOT post links to the trailer on our website. We will provide a discussion area for the trailer, and that can be found Here.

The teaser trailer officially launches on July 4th at the Offcial Transformers Movie Website and theatrically on July 7th with Pirates of the Carribean 2.
Mr. Peabody 07-09-2006 10:01 AM
Just a few things I'd like to see in this movie:

*Military protocol: The Autobots should address Optimus Prime as Commander (his rank from the toyline datacard). I remember the Decepticons addressing Megatron as "Lord Megatron" in the original Marvel Comics.

*The Matrix: An oval-shaped relic that creates Transformer life, passed down from one Autobot Prime to the other.

*Optimus Prime and his team of Autobots leave Cybertron to destroy an asteroid field threatening their planet, as they did in Marvel Comics.

*Starscream plotting to overthrow Megatron as leader of the Decepticons.

*Starscream should also be identified as Decepticon Air Commander.

*Soundwave's spies/cassettes: Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Rumble and Frenzy.

*Optimus Prime and Megatron in a brutal battle for the finale.
R.Smith 07-11-2006 08:54 PM
quote:
Transformers Movie Website Update
The official Transformers Live Action Movie Website has added some new sections. Here is a full list:

Heh, for all you Decepticon fans, their symbol is now up. Big Grin

*edit*

I felt like the Autobot/Decepticon wallpapers were missing something...

Hope you like them, and if someone needs the 800x600 let me know. Smile
R.Smith 07-12-2006 10:47 PM
quote:
USAF Transformers The Movie Video
The USAF has posted a video of the filming of Transformers The Movie. There is some great footage in this short video on set of the film.

Click the Discuss Button to view the complete story.

Pretty cool. Cool
Zopwx2 07-12-2006 11:41 PM
hey a pic leaked of optimus in truck form then got pulled? anyone seen it?
R.Smith 07-12-2006 11:57 PM
Yeah I've seen it Zop. I'm not really sure it's authentic though........

spoiler (highlight to read):
it had a flame design on it...
, though it might have been the truck that his form is based upon though.

I didn't get to save the image before it was pulled, if it was real.
Mr. Peabody 07-14-2006 10:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
hey a pic leaked of optimus in truck form then got pulled? anyone seen it?

I've seen it. Looks like Optimus Prime is going to be a long nose semi with flames. Michael Bay said he changed Prime's look because the long nose is more intimidating, and could stand up against a tank, which is Megatron's rumored vehicle mode.
R.Smith 07-21-2006 07:23 PM
quote:
Transformers Movie Optimus Prime Robot Mode Information

Members of the TFW2005 crew at the SDCC met with an individual that was on the set of the upcoming Transformers live action movie last week. He had an image of a 25 foot tall model of Optimus Prime in robot mode. The Transformation appears to be similiar to G2 Laser Prime and has similiar visual features to G1 Optimus Prime.

quote:
Comic-Con 2006: Transformer Voice Cast Buzz - Cullen Still Being Considered...

IGN Film Force had a chance to talk with Aaron Archer at San Diego Comic-Con. They talked a bit about the Transformers Live Action Movie. The best piece of info may be this:

quote:
"Perhaps the most interesting tidbit gleaned from the panel is the fact that Peter Cullen is seriously being considered by the filmmakers for the voice of Optimus Prime."

Read the entire article Here.

Here's the bit I'm sure you all skipped ahead to. Big Grin

quote:
Peter Cullen Confirmed As Movie Prime

IESB.net is reporting that Peter Cullen has been confirmed as Optimus Prime for the live action movie today at Comic-Con. We are awaiting further confirmation from Comic-Con attendees. So take this as rumor for now. We will update as soon as we hear more.

UPDATE: Tony Bacala just called to report that this was just confirmed at the Dreamworks panel and that there was a recording of Cullen that they played.

Click the discuss button to talk about this subject.

Thanks to Master Fwiffo and Ra88 of the 2005 Boards for the news.
Mr. Peabody 07-22-2006 10:58 AM
It's official. Peter Cullen, who provided the voice of Optimus Prime for the original cartoon series, will do so again for the live-action movie! Cool
Chitter-Box-Kat 07-22-2006 01:08 PM
*spasmspasmtwitchytwitchspasmspasm...dies* GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! @__@
I want movie and I want movie now!! Crying
My brother actually recognized some of the military-ish viechles the Decepties turn into.
Gimmie good VA's and Starscream and my approval is a given.
Why do I have to wait until next year for Tranformers? O_O That's mean. Good marketing. But mean.
AND HUZZAH TO THE NEWS! The original Optimus Prime VA is a go-go!!
X Prime 07-22-2006 02:43 PM
Huh... someone who frequents my forums may be an extra in this movie. Nifty.
Travis Bickle 07-22-2006 03:50 PM
The concept of the Transformers movie was part of a discussion in Clerks 2, which was funny as hell.
R.Smith 07-22-2006 05:58 PM
quote:
Frank Welker Auditions for Live Action Transformers Movie

Our crew at San Diego Comic Con reports in that they've heard first hand from an official source that Frank Welker has indeed sent in an audition tape for the role of Megatron.

Apparently, like Cullen, the powers that be are heavily considering his audition.

Could Frank Welker, the voice of the original Megatron, join Peter Cullen, the voice of the original Optimus Prime, in the upcoming movie? Just imagine how it would feel not only for the fans, but for the two voice actors to, once again after 21 years, relive their age old battle?

Join in the discussion.
David Ryder 07-22-2006 11:50 PM
Wow, thanks for the info R.Smith. Great to hear Cullen is back as Prime and the chance that frank is coming back as megatron is great to hear as well.
Mr. Peabody 07-26-2006 03:37 PM
Official Autobot teaser poster.

Official Decepticon teaser poster.

Chitter-Box-Kat 07-26-2006 03:45 PM
Steely. Shocked But where is Starscream? I want Starscream. Gimmie Starscream! Uh...yeah. Anime Smile I'm a fan of Starscream and I don't know why. 8P
Darkside 07-26-2006 09:31 PM
Starscream seems to be a huge hit with the girls. Why you ask? Damned if I know.
Mr. Peabody 07-26-2006 09:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
Starscream seems to be a huge hit with the girls. Why you ask? Damned if I know.

Starscream knows what he wants (leadership of the Decepticons) and is determined to get it. Girls like that in a guy.
Chitter-Box-Kat 07-26-2006 10:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside

Starscream knows what he wants (leadership of the Decepticons) and is determined to get it. Girls like that in a guy.

True. And there's just something about his character and personality that makes me wish he were my size so I could give him a hug. OuO Yeeeaaaaaaaah. It's the attitude, I think. I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the attitude... @-@
R.Smith 08-01-2006 12:12 AM
quote:
Amazing Fan Made Transformers Movie Teaser Trailer

2005 Boards and Don Murphy.net Forum member JesterJJZ has created an absolutely fantastic fan-made teaser trailer.

There are Quicktime and Windows Media versions available. It is available in both hi and low resolution. Check out his original thread Here.

Also, there is a You Tube version available Here.

Rather amazing really. Something that I think should be in the real intro. Big Grin