Transformers Live-Action Movie:Megatron speaks

Darkside 04-20-2006 10:36 PM
I think a lot of those actors might be auditioning for Jazz. And I think Michael Clarke Duncan's voice would definately be suitting for a Transfrmer, I'm just not sure which.
M.S. Feather 04-20-2006 10:48 PM
In the IGN link on that page it said that those actors were auditioning (or being considered) for human roles in the movie. Still no word on the transformers VA's.

Still though...looking at that list of names strung together...it's one of the strangest cast lineups I think I've ever seen. O.o
R.Smith 05-10-2006 03:08 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-the-movie <----more there.

quote:
AICN Sits Down With Michael Bay - Major TF Movie Info

The Transformers - TFW2005.com Quint of Ain't It Cool News had a sit down with Michael Bay. They discussed alot of things regarding the Transformers Movie. Some of the info is huge. Here's a short breakdown:
  • Teaser Poster Description
  • Opening scene description
  • Optimus test art description
  • Original voice actors being auditioned
  • Scorponok test artwork description
  • Test footage description
  • Major Optimus highway chase scene description
  • Teaser trailer coming this July 4th

Check out the entire read By Clicking Here.

quote:
One thing I can confirm, straight from Bay's mouth (and this is something he wanted the fans to know) is that he is going to audition the original voice actors for the Autobots and Decepticons. He said it's no guarantee they'll get cast, but he's going to give them a listen. His main fear is that the actors have aged since the cartoon and that age may be noticeable in their voices.

Bah, they are the right voices to use, regardless of age.

quote:
The biggest difference from the cartoon and toys is that the Autobots and Decepticons aren't going to be as blocky. Bay said that when they started breaking down how these robots transform from vehicles to robots the blocky end result didn't make any sense and looked pretty silly. So, you see the working parts of the vehicles much more on the robots, you see sharper angles, but they all stem from them transforming.

Sounds interesting, can't wait to see it!

quote:
It was around here that I got my first look at Optimus Prime. I saw three concept art pieces on Optimus. The first was a headshot. He is blue, like the cartoon, but I noticed a lack of red in the early stuff I saw. Mostly steel gray and blue. Not sure what I think about that. His face is a bit longer than I remember the cartoon being, but the image I think of when I picture Optimus Prime is when his face guard is up. Bay was quick to point out that the Optimus I was seeing was him without his battle mask. Like the other robot I saw, Optimus was more angular than the cartoon, but he was still hulking. He was by no means lithe and skinny. Bulky, but not blocky.
The second piece of art I saw had him standing full size, head to toe , on the right side and his vehicle form on the left. Yes, it's still a Mac truck.
The third piece was a close up on his eyes. There was actually 2 different pieces here, two different options for how the eyes would look. They still haven't decided on the eyes yet, but Bay said the robots, and Optimus Prime especially, had to show emotion and you couldn't do that with just glowing red eyes. The one I liked the most had the iris of the eye looking like a turbine engine. Very mechanical, but like a camera shutter it appeared that he could dilate the "pupils." There were metal slats around his eyes as well that looked like they could slide over each other to give the area around the eyes specific movement and life. The other option was exactly the same, but the iris had what looked like wires instead of slats (turbine engine thingys). It was very pretty and mimicked the look of a human iris a bit more, but felt out of place in the robotic skull.

Glad to hear that Prime will probably look like he should!

quote:
Transformers Live Action Movie to Have Robotics
IESB has learned and confirmed that KNB Effects will be working on Robotics for the upcoming Transformers The Movie. This means the Transformers themselves will NOT be 100% CGI!

Probably for the parts where actors have to interact.

quote:
Bernie Mac and Josh Duhamel Officially In The New Transformers Movie
Bernie Mac and Josh Duhamel are now confirmed to star in Michael Bay's "Transformers: The Movie" for DreamWorks and Paramount. Live-action production starts lensing this month, with release scheduled for July 4, 2007. For more information click here.

quote:
Budgeted well north of $100 million, "Transformers" is based on the comicbook, cartoon and Hasbro toy line popular in the 1980s. Story centers on the central saga of the Autobots vs. the Decepticons.

Mac will play a salesman who sells Shia LaBeouf's character his first Transformer. Jon Voight, Megan Fox, John Turturro, John Robinson and Travis Van Winkle round out the cast.

Tom DeSanto, Don Murphy and Par-based Lorenzo di Bonaventura are producing the film. Steven Spielberg and Hasbro's Brian Goldner exec producer. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci penned the screenplay.

Mac is currently lensing Lionsgate's "P.D.R." alongside Terrence Howard. "Transformers" is Duhamel's first film since the DreamWorks romantic comedy "Win a Date With Tad Hamilton."

Glad to see so far it looks like Mac will have a small part..... I don't really like his acting.
Dangerous 05-10-2006 03:11 PM
Oh great !!

The Transformers
More than meet the eye
Robots in disguise

How I liked this anime !
R.Smith 05-18-2006 03:41 AM
Possible Transformers Movie Script Review Online

El Mayimbe has been doing script reviews now for almost two years and has access to screenplays in Los Angeles. If you look at the scripts he has been given an advanced look at and look how those reviews have come pretty close if not dead on to the final film you can see that this maybe legit. Check out his script review of the Transformers Movie by clicking here.

I read through this, and if it's true, sounds great! But if you'd rather be totally surprised when you sit down in the theater at the premire, then you are better off not reading it.
Mike 05-22-2006 01:16 AM
http://www.popoholic.com/2006/05/18/tran...e-movie-update/

I don't know if this is an actual trailer or not, but it's really cool.
R.Smith 05-22-2006 02:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
http://www.popoholic.com/2006/05/18/tran...e-movie-update/

I don't know if this is an actual trailer or not, but it's really cool.

Um Mike, it says on the page
quote:
Here’s a wicked clip of Optimus Prime transforming… unfortunately it’s not from the movie.It’s a fan made animation but it looks awesome. It gives you an idea of how cool the movie can be.

Plus I posted it before. Tongue
R.Smith 05-31-2006 06:27 AM
Nothing much on the this movie, other then the fact that the script that was going around on the net was old, and so many changes have obviously been made.

BUT! There is news for those who loved the original movie!

Both IGN DVD (article Here) and Siebertron.com (article Here) are reporting that Sony BMG has announced the release of the 20th Anniversary Edition of the Transformers movie. The press release states that the DVD will be full of special features and footage never seen before. The DVD will hit stores in November. The release is planned to coincide with the release of the Transformers Classics line. More info as it becomes available.
R.Smith 06-09-2006 12:16 PM
Well the teaser poster is out now!

*no, that's not Unicron, that's a Transformer's eye.
Inigo Montoya 06-09-2006 01:56 PM
I'm going to go out on a lomb and hazard a guess that this might go the way of the Dragonball Z LA movie that was purported to be in the works for several years, and even had a poster.
R.Smith 06-09-2006 02:14 PM
More info from tfw2005.com (which wasn't loading for me earlier, otherwise I would have posted this with the poster image).

quote:
Paramount/Dreamworks have put up a teaser intro for the new Transformers Movie. It is flash based, and shows our first look at the style for the actual robots (though, it is just an eye, but who cares!). Check it out here.

Ripped the content, here's a nice HQ image of the eye:

And TF text:
X Prime 06-09-2006 02:40 PM
DAMN IT!

I was hoping that eye was for Unicron!
Mr. Peabody 06-09-2006 10:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Well the teaser poster is out now!

*no, that's not Unicron, that's a Transformer's eye.

I visited a fansite and the talk is that's an Autobot insignia.

The site also had a roll call of Transformers rumored to be in the movie:

AUTOBOTS

Optimus Prime (truck)
Bumblebee (Camaro)
Jazz (exotic sportscar)
Ironhide (pickup truck)
Ratchet (ambulance)

DECEPTICONS

Megatron (tank-unconfirmed mode)
Starscream (F-22 Raptor jet)
Devestator (M1-Abrams tank)
Bonecrusher (mine clearing vehicle)
Vortex (MH-53 PAV Special Ops chopper)
Brawl (police car)
Scorponok (mechanical scorpion)
Soundwave (life size radio -4.5 inches tall)
R.Smith 06-13-2006 04:23 PM
quote:
Peter Cullen Auditions for the Role of Optimus Prime in New Transformers MovieConfirmation has come down the pipeline that Peter Cullen, voice of the original Optimus Prime in the 1980's cartoon The Transformers, has officially auditioned for the new Transformers Movie. Poster "Diabetes" on the Don Murphy message board posted the information only to have Mr. Murphy confirm his statements a bit later.

Let's hope he gets the part and brings some class to the role!

I really hope he gets it. Big Grin

quote:
Transformers The Movie Set Car Chase Images

New Images have show up on FlickR.com of a Chase sceen between Bumblebee and Brawl. Scooper sumrow7 has posted Images of The Transformers Movie Set

Click the Discuss button to view the complete story!
Darkside 06-13-2006 05:15 PM
http://kino-express.ru/stills/transformers

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/n...sformers-movie/

http://www.filmwad.com/transformers-365-p.html

Bumblebee = both Camaros
Bonecrusher = six wheel military truck
Devastator = tank
Mustang police car = ?
V-22 Osprey = Thundercracker & Skywarp?
Helicopter = ?
Generalissimo D 06-13-2006 05:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside

Bumblebee = both Camaros
Devastator = tank
Mustang police car = ?
Helicopter = ?

Police Car Decepticon?

Wtf?
Darkside 06-13-2006 05:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside

Bumblebee = both Camaros
Devastator = tank
Mustang police car = ?
Helicopter = ?

Police Car Decepticon?

Wtf?

"To Punish and Enslave"

A police car decepticon...totally fine with me.
R.Smith 06-21-2006 04:33 AM
quote:
Transformers Movie Update AC-130H Gunship Fights Scorponok
The Northwest Florida Daily News has post a Press Release about the Transformers Live Action Movie. It seems that an AC-130H Gunship Fights Scorponok in the film.

Click the Discuss button for the complete story.

quote:
Transformers Movie and Transformers Video Game Info 2007
We have a bit more information on Hasbro's plans for 2007 with their Transformers G1 and Transformers Movie licenses. Apparently G1 will be more focused upon, along with some new digital and unique offerings for the adult collector. Read on to see a snippet of an article from Royalties Magazine...

Read more...

quote:
Pics and Info From Licensing 2006 Event
A very good friend of the site has provided us with some pics and info from the Licening 2006 Event. Hasbro's booth was, in a word, dissappointing. Their setup was very similar to last year's with no new products or major info available.

About the only thing worth mentioning is that they had a display of a Playstation2, and X-Box360 and a Gamecube. Below that display were titles for Transformers, Dungeons & Dragons and G.I. Joe Sigma 6.

Word is that Dreamworks was in attendance, but you needed an appointment to visit with them. So for now, enjoy the pics by clicking the DISCUSS link.

quote:
Hasbro Licensing Info
Hasbro has struck some major licensing deals for everyone of their major toy lines. With the Transformers movie coming out next year, Hasbro is wasting no time in making sure that the Transformers brand will be visible no matter where you are.

We have snipped out the non-Transformers news so you can see what's in store for the brand. You can see that by clicking the DISCUSS link. If you want to see the entire press release, click Here.

quote:
Transformers Teaser Trailer To Debut Online First
ComingSoon.net is reporting that the Transformers Teaser Trailer will first debut online on July 4th (at the end of the countdown) on the Transformers Movie Website. Then 3 days later it will debut theatrically with Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest.

The ComingSoon.net report confirms an earlier IGN Filmforce Report, posted on our 2005 Boards by member Matrix_Prime, that the theatrical debut will be with Pirates of the Carribean 2.

quote:
Transformers Movie Vortex Vehicle Information
Thanks to Tom Collins we have confirmation that the MH-53J/M PAVE LOW Helicopter seen at the Holloman Air Force Base movie set will be Vortex in vehicle mode in the Transformers Movie.

Click the discuss button to view the complete story.

quote:
Steve Jablonsky Scores Transformers Teaser Trailer
Today at the Sony Scoring Stage, composer Steve Jablonsky recorded music for the theatrical teaser to The Transformers Movie.

Click the discuss button for the full details.
R.Smith 06-24-2006 09:36 PM
quote:
Open Casting Call For Transformers Movie Extras
Central Casting, the self-proclaimed largest extras casting company in the world, has announced an open casting call for extras for director Michael Bay's big-screen version of Transformers.

They are looking for 16-17 year-olds and 18-23 year-olds that look like high school students. They require SAG members and non-union talent. The scheduled work dates are July 10-12, 2006, although dates are subject to change.

The open call will be held at Central Casting in Burbank, California. Those interested in attending should call (81Cool 503-3329 for more information.

The Open Call for Transformers will be held Thursday, June 29th from 5PM - 8PM. Central Casting is located at 220 South Flower Street, Burbank, CA 91502.

Guess if anyone is in the area, and would like to be an extra, good luck. Smile
Generalissimo D 06-24-2006 10:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:
Open Casting Call For Transformers Movie Extras
Central Casting, the self-proclaimed largest extras casting company in the world, has announced an open casting call for extras for director Michael Bay's big-screen version of Transformers.

They are looking for 16-17 year-olds and 18-23 year-olds that look like high school students. They require SAG members and non-union talent. The scheduled work dates are July 10-12, 2006, although dates are subject to change.

The open call will be held at Central Casting in Burbank, California. Those interested in attending should call (818) 503-3329 for more information.

The Open Call for Transformers will be held Thursday, June 29th from 5PM - 8PM. Central Casting is located at 220 South Flower Street, Burbank, CA 91502.

Guess if anyone is in the area, and would like to be an extra, good luck. :)

I'm gonna be in that general area soon. For that period of time.

BADASS.