Transformers Live-Action Movie:Megatron speaks

Generalissimo D 04-08-2005 04:24 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/

Thats the one link I havent seen posted yet. Hope for goodness of the movie. Really. May it rock our senses.
SmothPocket 04-21-2005 03:56 PM
I sure hope it's good... i'd hate to see transformers get butchered... again
R.Smith 03-19-2006 10:23 PM
Well, seem this will be out maybe in '07, not this year. Oh Well

Best site I've come across for updates is tfw2005.com's Transformers The Movie section.
Darkside 03-20-2006 06:12 PM
jesus i completely forgot about this topic! Shocked

Yeah Lucas' ILM studios is working on the CGI

I've been using this site for my info:
http://www.tformers.com/categories.php?op=newindex&catid=20

DAMN I can't wait for this thing!
David Ryder 03-20-2006 06:16 PM
interesting, and here's hoping it doesn't suck big time.
M.S. Feather 03-20-2006 08:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside

DAMN I can't wait for this thing!

Ooh, me either! I'm a little disappointed to find out that it wont be out this year though. I thought they'd started major production back in 05, summer 07 seems like so far away... Dead

Oh well, when it does hit theaters I'll definitely be there. I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time. I think it'll be great, yeah...
R.Smith 03-21-2006 07:22 AM
I really hope they at least get Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) and Frank Welker (Megatron) back to do the voices. It just isn't a G1 movie without those two key voices.
David Ryder 03-21-2006 05:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
I really hope they at least get Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) and Frank Welker (Megatron) back to do the voices. It just isn't a G1 movie without those two key voices.

I would like to second that. They must get the original voices.
R.Smith 03-21-2006 05:44 PM
Yes, getting the VA's who are still around (sadly Starscream's VA passed in 94), would make this movie perfect.

As long as the plot, animation, and character models are done right this movie will be a good thing.
BethMcBeth 03-21-2006 07:17 PM
OMG!! Can I say TOTAL SCORE?! XD! I would love it if they get the orginial voices squeee! I can't wait either! XD!

-Beth
M.S. Feather 03-21-2006 07:47 PM
quote:
Yes, getting the VA's who are still around (sadly Starscream's VA passed in 94), would make this movie perfect.

Well that's a problem though. I've been searching all over the place and can't seem to find a solid cast list so I'm still not sure if Starscream will even be a character in the film yet. Hopefully they'll release an official one soon.

As for the VA's, I think they'll try and get the voice actors from the shows. At least I can’t think of any reason why they wouldn't (unless they want to get big-time celebrities to voice them to try and draw in more people).

Johnny Depp as Optimus Prime? I hope not...
Nine Kuze 03-28-2006 08:03 PM
Here's some new information on the Transformers movie from Shia LeBeouf. Its going to be directed by Michael Bay and produced by Steven Spielberg.
Peace.
Hobodoken 03-28-2006 09:50 PM
I really wish that it had come out in 2005. Mostly because that's when the animated movie takes place.

Seriously though, holy crapnuggets, but I wish I didn't know this, so I wouldn't worry about them screwing stuff up.
DorothyFan1 03-29-2006 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=1772

There is no smiley in the world that can show the smile on my face right now!!!!
2006 must get here NOW!

Darkside...you have the BEST sig I've ever seen. Know why? Because it's Mazinger! I remember it. I SAW a wide screen movie version of Mazinger a decade ago in Europe titled "Mazinger vs Goldrake"...which was awesome. In case you haven't seen the movie...the winner was
spoiler (highlight to read):
the bad guys stole Mazinger and used him as a weapon of mass destruction. Goldrake comes in and stops Mazinger. But after the bad guys are defeated...there's a wager between Mazinger and Goldrake for real to see who's top dog. By movie's end it fades to black when they're dueling to the finish.

Anyway, I think this Transformer liveaction movie got greenlighted because word got around about director James Cameron doing BattleAngel Alita. As soon as James Cameron chose a Japanese anima for his next series of movies...it's like the Pope giving his benediction for eating hamburgers and fries as the meal of choice for Christian believers.
R.Smith 04-04-2006 08:45 PM
From http://www.tfw2005.com

quote:
Now this is something really astounding. A fanmade CGI Optimus Prime that looks completely believable for a movie. It was done by a fan named blasphemy3_d from the CG Society Forums. This render, with accompanying movie files, shows just how good a Transformers movie can look. Even more amazing than the faked leaked footage from before.

THIS IS IN NO WAY PART OF THE UPCOMING MOVIE. But is still worth a look. The thread in question can be seen By Clicking Here. There you will find hi-res renders and a few video files.

We have mirrored the 17 MB AVI.

Right Click and SAVE TARGET AS and choose a destination.

Thanks to our own Tony_Bacala for pointing us to this.

I thought it was pretty damn good for something fanmade! Big Grin
M.S. Feather 04-04-2006 09:42 PM
quote:
I thought it was pretty damn good for something fanmade! Big Grin

You mean incredible! Shocked

I thought a few of the reflections coming off of Optimus were a tad too bright but other than that it was phenomenal. The colors were light and realistic, nothing 'cartoony', and the sound that went along with it was great. I'd be happy if the people CGing the movie go for something similar.

Thanks for posting that, I really enjoyed it. Happy
Nine Kuze 04-20-2006 09:44 PM
According to this article from Comingsoon.net, Jon Voight, Michael Clarke Duncan, Josh Duhamel, Bernie Mac, Tyrese, John Turturro, Rachael Taylor, Megan Fox, Travis Van Winkle and John Robinson might be expected to be in the film.

And it looks like it going to be dropping in 2007.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 04-20-2006 10:21 PM
quote:
Tyrese

Is one of the transformers a riced out street-racing honda civic, and the huge fiberglass wing is really a sword?
Generalissimo D 04-20-2006 10:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
According to this article from Comingsoon.net, Jon Voight, Michael Clarke Duncan, Josh Duhamel, Bernie Mac, Tyrese, John Turturro, Rachael Taylor, Megan Fox, Travis Van Winkle and John Robinson might be expected to be in the film.

And it looks like it going to be dropping in 2007.
Peace.

DEAR GOD.

Who puts Tyrese next to John Turturro?
Chitter-Box-Kat 04-20-2006 10:29 PM
While I personally gave up on the Transformer series, I look at the comic book pictures and see hope. Like a tiny spark of light.

The only things that kept me watching Transformers were Hotshot and Starscream. They are my favorites.

If they screw up the VA, I promise I will not see the movie.