Taking Back Sunday

ebie 10-01-2004 10:20 PM
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE BAND TAKING BACK SUNDAY? I PERSONALLY LOVE THEM! THE FIRST WEEK I GOT THEIR CD I COULDN'T STOP LISTING TO IT. YEAH SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THEM?
Mugiwara Luffy 10-01-2004 11:28 PM
The only song I've heard of theirs is "This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know)" on the Spider-man 2 soundtrack. I like this song, but after browsing around Amazon.com and listening to the samples, I don't think I like this band as a whole.
NightRanger 10-03-2004 08:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
The only song I've heard of theirs is "This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know)" on the Spider-man 2 soundtrack. I like this song, but after browsing around Amazon.com and listening to the samples, I don't think I like this band as a whole.

Same here. I don't like them period.
Travis Bickle 08-19-2005 01:31 AM
...but before I do leave, I saw a search spider looking at this.

Taking Back Sunday sucks.
Volt 08-19-2005 01:55 AM
While the topic is still alive for the moment... I don't hate emo, but taking into account how account how Taking Back Sunday is manufactured as the be-all-end-all of emo, I can see why many people do. I don't see anything unique about them. The music just is dull, the lyrics are forgettable, and the singing is nondescript. The one thing I do like about them is that in the first CD the combination of lead vocals and background was very unique. But, well, that was the first CD, and from the singles I've heard off the newest CD, thet's changed for the worse. I can't say I really think they suck, but I think they're generic and they give emo a bad rep when (well, in my opinion) there are a lot of diamonds in the proverbial rough of emo.

P.S.: By "first CD" I mean "Tell All Your Friends" (is that what it's called? ...well, whatever). I'm not really sure if that's the first CD.