The Shawshank Redemption

evanASF27 09-29-2004 09:49 PM
They've been playing this movie over and over lately on AMC. I find it a really good movie showing how the cons aren't the only corrupt people in prison. It is also a very good movie telling a near flawless story and something that just about everyone can say is interesting in some way or another.

What do you guys think of it?
Delirious 09-29-2004 10:10 PM
I finally got to see it all. Never in one sitting though -- something was always happening and I have to leave in the middle or near the end. It was great and I'd love to see it again; hopefully without interuptions. Smile
Darkside 09-29-2004 10:25 PM
Next to the Green Mile its the best Prison movie I've ever seen. Its the kind of movie you watch and at the end your filled with good feelings.
M.S. Feather 09-29-2004 10:38 PM
*gasp* Shawshank thread!

The Shawshank Redemption is one of my all time favorite films, and definitely my favorite movie based on a Stephen King novel. I’m a sucker for the crime genre in general, but this one definitely stands out from the rest. It was rather dark but overall it was a very touching story, by the end you felt a kind of sympathy for even the criminals.

Just wonderful. Pleased
Travis Bickle 09-29-2004 10:40 PM
I loved it. Morgan Freeman kicks ass in that movie. However, I did like the Green Mile a lot better (even though they were from the same director).
StevieV019 09-30-2004 07:48 AM
Interesting...I enjoyed both The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption...and I liked Shawshank better than Green Mile.

Anyway, yeah, Shawshank is a great movie...
dawnstrider 09-30-2004 12:09 PM
It indeed was a very good movie Smile . Anything that presents the resilience of the human spirit in a non-black-and-white fashion is forthrightly encouraged in my book, especially in today's less-than-desirable film and entertainment industry with it's rather uninspiring and largely unentertaining visages.

Something else noteworthy; this is probably one of the few instances in which the movie was actually better than the book Smile .
Mr. Peabody 09-30-2004 04:27 PM
I love "The Shawshank Redemption."

Morgan Freeman was robbed of the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
Nine Kuze 02-17-2006 02:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
I love "The Shawshank Redemption."

Morgan Freeman was robbed of the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

Holy crap! I had no idea there was a Shawshank thread here before! Anyway, that's so damn true Mr. Peabody. He should have gotten the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for this movie

... And for Unforgiven.

... And for Driving Miss Daisy.

But hell, at least he got it for Million Dollar Baby. Better than nothing.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite movies ever and Andy's escape from the prison, him screwing over the Warden (HARD), and him and Red reuniting at the Pacific Ocean was just remarkable (the word doesn't do it justice, but that's the best I can come up with.)

"I had to come to prison to become a thief."
Peace.
David Ryder 02-18-2006 12:58 AM
it's a good movie that suffers from being overplayed, but still a good movie.
seraphjei 02-20-2006 09:10 PM
An American classic, a beautifully mastered movie that will without go down in the books as a classic. Oh wait, it already has. With all sarcasm aside, this movie is amazing. I reccomend to anyone.