The OFFICIAL Read Or Die Anime and Manga thread!

Sharpshooter005 10-06-2004 11:02 PM
quote:
I don't remember (or maybe I haven't seen) that scene in "Escape from New York."

The main character lands his hang glider atop the twin towers.

And...that screencap had a glider...and...Yeah.

Similar, is what I'm saying here.
Document Oosha 10-09-2004 07:44 PM
The two eps on G4TechTV tonight are reruns, correct?
Asirt 10-09-2004 07:46 PM
That's correct. After that, Gungrave will be next to show on G4TechTV.
Mr. Fortnight 10-10-2004 02:26 AM
THEY'RE ONLY SHOWING HALF THE SERIES?!?!?!?!?

WHAT THE DEUCE?!?!?

Sorry for the scream there, but CRAP CRAP CRAP as Zenigata says.

Oh well, GunGrave is sorta cool.

Gonna miss the paper sisters...
Document Oosha 10-10-2004 04:28 PM
10/9/2004 is Friday night, not Saturday night. That page doesn't list anything for Saturday night anymore, but it looks like episode 3 and 4 rerun tonight, and Gungrave starts tomorrow night.

It'd be nice if they gave a little warning, so I could have a tape cleared already.
Mr. Fortnight 10-12-2004 03:22 AM
G4TechTV Fumbled again. R.O.D. TV was on again Monday Night/Tuesday Morning.

Is it just me, or do they just love being so irresponsible with their schedules?

(Edit: CRAP CRAP DOUBLE CRAP! If the G4TechTV Schedule can be trusted (probably not), Gungrave starts Tuesday Night. Pretty much cutting ROD TV at Episode 13. A SERIES CLIMAX!!! Grrr... That's it, if they pull this crap, I'm makin' myself a bird and flyin' to LA. I have alot of papercuts to dish out. >_<)
Document Oosha 10-12-2004 08:10 AM
Episode 12, you mean?
Mr. Fortnight 10-12-2004 08:01 PM
Yes, I meant Ep12. My bad. >_<;
Wingnut 10-13-2004 09:27 AM
Lose the ? marks. I just saw an ad for ROD last night during either Conan or Lupin, I forget which, but it stated the ROD was going to air on AS at midnight on Oct. 23.
Mr. Fortnight 10-14-2004 04:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Lose the ? marks. I just saw an ad for ROD last night during either Conan or Lupin, I forget which, but it stated the ROD was going to air on AS at midnight on Oct. 23.

Done!

BONUS! I found the DEFINITIVE ROD FANSITE!!!

http://www.readordie.org/

Respect.
Schoolie 10-14-2004 07:39 PM
Sweet website! Just don't spoil yourself!

This is good for me (since I've seen the OAV) to clear up some info on some of the characters, the premise, the ending.
I'd suggest others go here once they've seen the OAV. Less than 10 days away on CN!!! (Or you could go buy it, too!)
Mr. Fortnight 10-15-2004 08:47 PM
The place is light spoilers, now that I've dug around. (Stumbled on the ending by accident. Not enough links between me and Spoilerville). But the galleries are growing and quite a suprise, and it has quite the extensive resources for ROD Fanatics both budding and seasoned.

And yes, I am counting down the days to CN getting their paper freak on.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to practice my technique. *ow* darned papercuts...
Schoolie 10-16-2004 01:19 PM
Hey, check out this clip from AS's website. I haven't seen it on TV yet, but I'll be watching tonight (10/16)!

The clip is mostly a blend of the opening sequence (complete with its snazzy theme song!) along with a few clips inserted from show.

http://www.adultswim.com/promos/readordie/index.html

Sweet! Big Grin
Sharpshooter005 10-16-2004 02:49 PM
quote:
I just saw an ad for ROD last night during either Conan or Lupin

Is it wrong that I automatically think of conan o'brien when I really know people mean case closed?
Prons 10-16-2004 03:06 PM
I hate the fact thatG4TTV DUMPED RoD half way through, and yet keep showing comercials for it, that angers me! I was hoping to actually SEE ALL THE SHOW in one run
Mr. Fortnight 10-16-2004 07:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prons
I hate the fact thatG4TTV DUMPED RoD half way through, and yet keep showing comercials for it, that angers me! I was hoping to actually SEE ALL THE SHOW in one run

Blame Geneon. They aren't done dubbing the ROD TV series yet. And I thought Funimation was slow...

So, represent when the OVA shows on CN yall. Let's give them a ratings blow-out!
AndroidZeroX 10-17-2004 01:38 PM
never heard of it, but i just watched the preview for it on adultswim.com
it looks way good, and i cant wait til october 23
Mr. Fortnight 10-17-2004 05:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX
never heard of it, but i just watched the preview for it on adultswim.com
it looks way good, and i cant wait til october 23

Trust me, the previews are only the icing. The cake is the show itself. I guarantee those that watch the OVA will get HOOKED.
Prons 10-17-2004 05:11 PM
And now they are showing Read or Dream on G4TTV agian.. least it was on last night.. episodes five and six that is..
Nyarlathotep 10-17-2004 06:01 PM
Well, I saw one promo for it the other night and thought it looked vaguely cool, but you guys are getting way too excited about it so now I'm not so sure...