Stolen Account?

Shredder 09-26-2004 02:04 AM
Well, I seem to be having some trouble accessing my Yahoo email account (where people send fanfics and other written fan submissions). I have reason to think it's been stolen and my information changed so I can't get in. Please let me know immediately if you receive any email from shredder__@yahoo.com. You can reach me by PM or email me here: http://www.paradigm-city.com/staff.php. Please contact me also if you've sent me something yesterday or today or just resend it.
Seraphim 09-26-2004 02:05 AM
Did you sign up with an "Alternate Email"? If so, ask it to re-send your password there.
Shredder 09-26-2004 02:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Did you sign up with an "Alternate Email"? If so, ask it to re-send your password there.

No, that's an old account from like 1998. I didn't put an alternate email address, although I guess I should have...
Seraphim 09-26-2004 02:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

No, that's an old account from like 1998. I didn't put an alternate email address, although I guess I should have...

Yahoo! Help has this document which may prove helpful:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/edit/edit-10.html
Shredder 09-26-2004 02:15 AM
Well, I can't get back in because the info I put wasn't my real info. All of my profile info was fake or based on the character of Shredder (because we were planning the Technodrome at that time). I wish it were that easy...
Green_Bird 09-26-2004 02:18 AM
quote:
Well, I can't get back in because the info I put wasn't my real info. All of my profile info was fake or based on the character of Shredder (because we were planning the Technodrome at that time). I wish it were that easy...

You could have just rememberd what you put down at the time...that's the best I can give you....
Shredder 09-26-2004 02:21 AM
Well, it was like 6 years ago, and I don't remember. I haven't really checked it since and don't really think of these kinds of things (unlike Krang Smile )).
Kittie heavenly6 09-26-2004 02:34 AM
so the you on yahoo right now, isn't you?
Shredder 09-26-2004 02:39 AM
On Yahoo messenger? No, I haven't been on that in several weeks. When was the imposter on?
Kittie heavenly6 09-26-2004 02:40 AM
hes on right now...
Seraphim 09-26-2004 02:41 AM
quote:
On Yahoo messenger? No, I haven't been on that in several weeks. When was the imposter on?

He's on right now, actually. I signed on to YIM when I read GK's post. I sent a couple messages to the guy asking if he was there, but he didn't send anything back.
Krang 09-26-2004 02:42 AM
That's weird, I tried YIM and the account Shredder__ doesn't appear online to me...
Shredder 09-26-2004 02:43 AM
I can't log in to check! But I can tell you for a fact it's not me.
Seraphim 09-26-2004 02:44 AM
quote:
I can't log in to check! But I can tell you for a fact it's not me.

Well, what you should do is...

1. Change your password on PCF and anything else (like the 'Drome)
  2. Run a full-system Virus Scan
  3. Run a full-system scan with AdAware and SpyBot Search and Destroy
  4. Go around and change your stuff from that email to a new one
Shaoblane 09-26-2004 02:44 AM
I've added you to my yahoo buddy list. I'll let you know if I see the thief
Kittie heavenly6 09-26-2004 02:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
That's weird, I tried YIM and the account Shredder__ doesn't appear online to me...

I'm trying to IM him, but he won't respond >_<
Shredder 09-26-2004 02:45 AM
Well, I only use the Yahoo password for that email account. My Paradigm and other accounts have different ones.
Green_Bird 09-26-2004 02:51 AM
In the weeks that you were on YIM....Did anyone like get added or tried to get added to your buddy list that you don't know? Because I have herd some stories about people hacking you through your IM (Yahoo espesualy) and getting your passwords and stuff. So it's best, just to be safe, change your passwords here and everywere else. If it's a haker that is.....

I mean they could have fixed that with the update, but I'm not sure....
Zola 09-26-2004 03:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Shredder.

I actually agree with changing all your passwords--if whoever it was got into your Yahoo through a back door, then anything you've logged into recently is vulnerable.

(Hey, I sent a new fic to check out the other addy Wink )
Shaoblane 09-26-2004 03:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
quote:
Originally posted by Krang

I'm trying to IM him, but he won't respond >_<

WHOA! *hugs GK* Im on your buddy list! *tears of happiness*

He's not on on my list, but I'm not on my XP name right now. Ill try being nice to the thief when I see him. How about doing one of those 'forgot your password?' buttons.