Okay I need WORD FILTER stuff

Benjamin 09-25-2004 07:45 PM
I realized I didn't do the word filters for my forums
***Stupid Me***
Can Anyone Help me?
***PLEASE PLESE PLEASE PM SO I DON'T GET YOU WARNED FOR EXCESSIVE SWEARING***
R.Smith 09-25-2004 07:48 PM
Um, first I think this belongs in either the Speakeasy (since this is a place for word games 'n such). Second I believe either Krang, or uh....X Prime, knows how to do coding.
Shaoblane 09-25-2004 07:50 PM
you can have mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/S...word_filter.jpg

keep 'ass' loose because of 'classic'
Seraphim 09-25-2004 07:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TheBigDuoInferno
I realized I didn't do the word filters for my forums
***Stupid Me***
Can Anyone Help me?
***PLEASE PLESE PLEASE PM SO I DON'T GET YOU WARNED FOR EXCESSIVE SWEARING***

Probably

f***
sh**

are big on your list. Don't InvisionFree boards have a swear filter installed anyway?

EDIT: Why is this in the Bar, anyway?
X Prime 09-25-2004 08:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Um, first I think this belongs in either the Speakeasy (since this is a place for word games 'n such). Second I believe either Krang, or uh....X Prime, knows how to do coding.

May I ask what's with the way you said my name? Did I do something? Heh.

Really though, I'm usually not available to ask unless I owe favors or am feeling benevolent... So yeah, just a note.

Word filters don't need any coding... Unless the software sucks.
R.Smith 09-25-2004 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:

Really though, I'm usually not available to ask unless I owe favors or am feeling benevolent... So yeah, just a note.

Just trying to put the fact that I was trying to think of who could help him, so I added the "uh...", to try to show that I was thinking of who else. I didn't know that a word filiter didn't require coding, since I have never set up a forum.

So, I guess TBDI, just find a FAQ dealing with how to set up filitering on a forum.
Jonny Axehandle 09-25-2004 11:17 PM
This is why TLU didn't work out. You can't even set up a swear filter without asking for help. And it's on IF, one of the easiest forums to use(Since it lacks so many features)

1.) Go to the filter manager
2.) Enter a word into the field that contains words to be replaced
3.) Enter some of these: ****** in the field that contains replacement words
X Prime 09-25-2004 11:36 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:

Just trying to put the fact that I was trying to think of who could help him, so I added the "uh...", to try to show that I was thinking of who else. I didn't know that a word filiter didn't require coding, since I have never set up a forum.

So, I guess TBDI, just find a FAQ dealing with how to set up filitering on a forum.

Ah. Sorry about my tone, I thought I pissed you off or something.
Benjamin 09-25-2004 11:56 PM
Word Filters 50% Completed

and Also Thanks Go Out to Krang for help with the ONE PIECE section to the digital forums.

And I finish work tommrow.

And also thanks to R.Smith for the Program that did it all!.