Lil Scrappy!

NightRanger 09-21-2004 01:28 PM
Yeah, another thread about a GOOD rapper, not a lame half-assed rapper like KANYE (bleh). You've probably seen one of his videos on MTV2 or MTV Jams. I think it's called "No Problem", but I'm not sure of the name. Snoop Dogg is in the video, but he doesn't rap in it or anything. He just makes an appearance. Lil Jon (another GOOD rapper) is in it too I think.
AndroidZeroX 09-22-2004 01:15 PM
I way white..... so just bare wit me. What the hell is up with all these rappers with names that start with Lil....wtf is up with that its starting to get annoying. thats the reason i dont like rap... its all the same ....even these rappers are gettin the same names.
NightRanger 09-27-2004 08:46 PM
Well I know one thing, and that's that Lil Scrappy is one cool mothercrunker Big Grin
Nine Kuze 03-14-2006 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NightRanger
Yeah, another thread about a GOOD rapper, not a lame half-assed rapper like KANYE (bleh). You've probably seen one of his videos on MTV2 or MTV Jams. I think it's called "No Problem", but I'm not sure of the name. Snoop Dogg is in the video, but he doesn't rap in it or anything. He just makes an appearance. Lil Jon (another GOOD rapper) is in it too I think.

There are so many things bothering me with this that its not even funny.

First off, I had to Google Lil Scrappy to remember who the hell he is because one there are way too many sorry-ass rappers with the title "Lil" in their name. Basically, Lil Scrappy is one of the worst rappers we got right now. He's the same as every other generic rapper from Atlanta and Kanye West sounds like Tupac compared to him.

(and for those of my fellow members who don't listen to hip-hop, that's about as bad as it gets because Kanye isn't as good at the lyrics as his too-damn-big-of-an ego lets him think he is)

Also, Lil Jon is not a rapper. He's a producer who just yells "Yeah!" and "Okay!" and even when he does raps, its just plain horrible because its the same thing with just more words.
Peace.
David Ryder 03-14-2006 05:37 PM
Well Nine knows how to judge rap music better than me but he's right, Lil'Scrappy is awful, just like the entire "hotlanta" rap scene. I swear every rapper from the south is just a cookie cutter mold of someone like Chris Myers aka Luda. If I want good music from Atlanta I'll listen to Mastadon or Sevendust, and If I want good rap I'll listen to Run DMC or Public Enemy, now that's good rap.
Sharpshooter005 03-14-2006 05:48 PM

"Puppy Power! (remix feat. ghostface killah)"
David Ryder 03-14-2006 05:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005

Sharp for the win!!!

Edit: that picture makes me wonder if he really got his name from Scrappy from Scooby Doo.
Nine Kuze 03-14-2006 05:58 PM
quote:
Originally by Gaddes
Well Nine knows how to judge rap music better than me but he's right, Lil'Scrappy is awful, just like the entire "hotlanta" rap scene. I swear every rapper from the south is just a cookie cutter mold of someone like Chris Myers aka Luda. If I want good music from Atlanta I'll listen to Mastadon or Sevendust, and If I want good rap I'll listen to Run DMC or Public Enemy, now that's good rap.

This is true and I agree that Ludacris is the best thing that Atlanta has right now. Granted, he's not the best but he's damn sure better than J-Kwon, Chingy, and Lil' Wayne. Run DMC and Public Enemy, good times. Good times. Oh, and thanks for the "Hotlanta" reference because I couldn't remember the name of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005

Actually, I'd rather listen to Scrappy Doo's plantium album than Lil' Scrappy period. God, this had me crackin' up. Big Grin
David Ryder 03-14-2006 06:02 PM
I don't like Luda, but everyone rapper from atlanta is in all honesty are trying to mimic him and the southern rap scene is just a big joke anyways. I've been to Atlanta, I don't see what's so hot about it and it's far from a rough place to live. Also I noticed Kanye's name in there, and while I think he is pretty typical rap music, he is light years ahead of someone like Lil'Scrappy.
Sharpshooter005 03-14-2006 06:23 PM
quote:
he is light years ahead of someone like Lil'Scrappy

He's up in the stratosphere in regards to ego at least.
David Ryder 03-14-2006 06:27 PM
quote:
He's up in the stratosphere in regards to ego at least.

that's true, his ego could act as a Satellite and beam us all his "life changing and bible changing deeds".
Travis Bickle 03-14-2006 07:29 PM
I think someone needs to do us all a favor and kill Kanye West, Lil' Jon and/or "Diddy" outside of either a boxing match or a strip club.

Relevant to the topic? Oh hell yes.
Generalissimo D 03-14-2006 07:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
I think someone needs to do us all a favor and kill Kanye West, Lil' Jon and/or "Diddy" outside of either a boxing match or a strip club.

I think Kanye's ego after such a death would embody itself and make comparisons to Tupac.

I say round them up and reenact the Valentine Day's Massacre.
Mike 03-14-2006 07:48 PM
Capital idea! Especially since most of those really "hard" rappers would really pee themselves if the police told them to line up.
David Ryder 03-14-2006 07:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Capital idea! Especially since most of those really "hard" rappers would really pee themselves if the police told them to line up.

gonna have to agree, plus it would be a fitting end since they consider themselves to me modern gangster's similar to Al Capone, Machine gun kelly, and others. I heard this on VH1 where some rapper clamied rap is like the 20's era mobster's but instead of suits and ties, it's "mad ass rhymes."......please.
Travis Bickle 03-14-2006 08:01 PM
What I don't get is every rapper's obsession with Scarface. First off, the movie was nothing but a mediocre remake at best. Second, he was a god damn coke dealer that died a horrible death in the end of the movie. If every rapper wants to end up with that fate, that I say go for it.
Sharpshooter005 03-14-2006 08:13 PM
quote:

You know how this works. Half in advance, half on completion of the contract.
Nine Kuze 03-15-2006 11:53 AM
quote:
What I don't get is every rapper's obsession with Scarface. First off, the movie was nothing but a mediocre remake at best. Second, he was a god damn coke dealer that died a horrible death in the end of the movie. If every rapper wants to end up with that fate, that I say go for it.

I don't understand that either. Sure it was a good movie (the original was a helluva lot better) but like on MTV Cribs, every rapper had some Scarface item around the house.

quote:

You forgot Nelly, and he would have to be killed outside of a Charlotte Bobcats game. And Suge Knight. And Petey Pablo. And Jermaine Dupri...

quote:
I think Kanye's ego after such a death would embody itself and make comparisons to Tupac.

That's impossible... because Kanye's ego has already done that but yet, West is still alive...

quote:
You know how this works. Half in advance, half on completion of the contract.

As long as you make it look like an accidental thing, then we got a deal. And this time don't make it as sloppy like you did with Biggie.
Peace.