Great Bands you've never heard of

AndroidZeroX 09-20-2004 09:25 AM
My favoriet bands arent very well known. That is mainly because they arent played on the radio. My favorite Bands are dream theater and Opeth, and their songs usually run about 7-12 minutes long. the music is great though. If anyone ahs any bands that arent popular but are great i want to check them out.
Prons 09-20-2004 05:10 PM
Sentenced, you would love Sentenced.

They are a very melodic metal band from Finland, their early albums are very intense death metalish, but the latest ones are very melodic and pretty, I sugguest the album "Crimson"

They have song samples, music videos etc. at Sentenced.org I don't think they get NEARLY enough props as they need.
Travis Bickle 09-20-2004 05:21 PM
Blind Melon is a good group, and you've probobly heard of them, but jut one of their songs. They had one hit, called "No Rain" which you'd probobly recognize if you heard it. However, their second album kicked ass, along with their single Galaxie, which nobody paid any attention to.

World/Inferno Friendship Society is a local band near my hometown that plays a combination of Punk Rock and circus music. They, too, are bad ass. If you want to listen to them, go to www.worldinferno.com

Dirt Bike Annie is a punk rock band from Texas that always plays near me. They have ties to mc chris, and have a girl as a singer/guitarist. They kick so much ass that it isn't even funny.
Kairi 09-20-2004 06:11 PM
- KMFDM
- Pig
- Megaherz
- Eisbrecher
- E Nomine
- Alabama 3
- Oomph!
- Fluke

..to name a few.
Travis Bickle 09-20-2004 06:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nein
- KMFDM
- Pig
- Megaherz
- Eisbrecher
- E Nomine
- Alabama 3
- Oomph!
- Fluke

..to name a few.

I've heard of KMDFM. I first heard them on the Mortal Kombat soundtrack and then started listening to them after that. Their old bassist Tim Skold left the band and moved on to Marilyn Manson.
Redd 09-20-2004 06:57 PM
The Rasmus (my favorite band), great rock band from Finland...nobody here has heard of them , yet they have become household names in many parts of Europe...

~wishes the Rasmus would tour in US~ >.<

I really doubt anyone here has ever heard of them...
NightRanger 09-20-2004 09:52 PM
CIV, excellent mid to late 90s punk band.

They're best known for the songs "Can't Wait One Minute More" and "So Far, So Good...So What".

Also, another great band not enough people knew about are "The Bucketheads". Not really a band, it was a studio experiment put together by Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez from "Masters At Work". The best known tracks from this experiment are "The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind)" and "Got Myself Together". The latter is alot better, though.
Buck Buck #1 09-21-2004 08:00 PM
I don't know if any of you guys have heard of them, but GWAR PWNs.
Kittie heavenly6 09-21-2004 09:54 PM
Bomb Child. an excellent Hard rock band from LA. Comes with the Fall is another great LA Band you should check out.
Tifaria 09-21-2004 10:43 PM
Red Delicious. They're from LA, I think.. well, somewhere in California. Lead singer, Sara Wallace, has a beautiful, kind of haunting voice. "Casualties" and "Void" are my favorite songs so far, and they're on the slower side of things, but their music varies from mellow to incorporating more guitars and electronic noises. I really, really like them.
COHugh 09-21-2004 10:55 PM
O.A.R. (of a revolution) is a pretty good college band from Ohio State University. Their website is: http://www.ofarevolution.com
StevieV019 09-22-2004 08:06 AM
Yep, Ive heard of O.A.R. and Gwar....

Here are some more:

Esthero
Lords of Acid
The Outfield
Better than Ezra
Gin Blossoms
Travis Bickle 09-22-2004 09:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
Yep, Ive heard of O.A.R. and Gwar....

Here are some more:

Esthero
Lords of Acid
The Outfield
Better than Ezra
Gin Blossoms

I heard of Lords of Acid

I own one of the old Better than Ezra cds that has "King of New Orleans" on it

I remember the Gin Blossoms from the early 90s.

Maybe its because I'm a music expert Confused
Exhale Saga 09-30-2004 07:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nein
- KMFDM
- Pig
- Megaherz
- Eisbrecher
- E Nomine
- Alabama 3
- Oomph!
- Fluke

..to name a few.

I've heard of KMFDM and Oomph!. Here's my list:

Arcturus A black metal band who released their first album in 1994. I'd recomend the CD "La Masquerade Infernale" to any metal fan. Smile

Nightwish: You can't desribe their genere without saying, "Dark progressive gothic symphonic operatic power metal." It's intresting sound and if you're into the keyboard you'll really like 'em.

See ya,
Exhale Saga
Lady Tesser 09-30-2004 07:49 AM
Fascination - Boys who grew up in the 80's, loved the sound, and joined the music scene in the 90's. Their songwriter/bassist and I were in treatment back in the mid-90's when they finally decided they were too late with their contributions to music. Which is quite sad, as their music is a great combination of classic rock, power ballads, and angst-metal.

I have their one album. Their producer is quoted in the jacket as saying 'You boys may not be very good, but at least you're slow.'
BethMcBeth 09-30-2004 08:15 AM
I love, Something Coroprate (listening to them right now) Mest, Get up Kids, Biohazard. They are all sort of up comming or so they say, but I still love thier stuff.
Hanyou 09-30-2004 09:26 AM
Sponge:

Probably one of my favorite bands. They carry on the tradition of classic rock while incorporating new elements. Their lead singer has an awesome voice, and their sound is pretty unique. They're best known for Treat Me Wrong and Plowed; however, their best song is, in my opinion, Neenah Menasha.

A friend of mine introduced me to them with the song Plowed; sadly, no one else I know seems to have heard of 'em Frown
Travis Bickle 09-30-2004 10:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hanyou
Sponge:

Probably one of my favorite bands. They carry on the tradition of classic rock while incorporating new elements. Their lead singer has an awesome voice, and their sound is pretty unique. They're best known for Treat Me Wrong and Plowed; however, their best song is, in my opinion, Neenah Menasha.

A friend of mine introduced me to them with the song Plowed; sadly, no one else I know seems to have heard of 'em Frown

I've heard of them. My favorite song from them is Wax Estaitic off of the album with the same name.

quote:
Originally posted by BethMcBeth
I love, Something Coroprate (listening to them right now) Mest, Get up Kids, Biohazard. They are all sort of up comming or so they say, but I still love thier stuff.

Although I don't care for Something Corporate (I detest emo), they're coming to my school soon. I might just go and see them with my friends for the hell of it.
dawnstrider 09-30-2004 12:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hanyou
Sponge:

I really like Sponge, and Plowed was a wonderful song; it was stuck in my head for many weeks when I first heard it Smile .

A lot of my favorite people that "you might have never heard of", are now getting heard, like the Streets and Modest Mouse. The Law is good, even if they're obscure, and I like a few new (non-crappy) rappers like Dizzy Racal and Urban Times Smile .
StevieV019 09-30-2004 12:26 PM
Yes, indeed, Sponge is a great band...Wax Ecstatic is great as is Plowed. It was in the movie "Empire Records" one of my favorite movies and meshed well in that movie. A shame it didnt end up on the soundtrack.