Chrono Crusade

Asirt 09-18-2004 10:39 PM

This is what happens when a servant of God destroys an entire world.

Summary [Provided by Anime News Network] -

The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Magdalene Order is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time.

Current Info -

There are 24 episodes in this animated series. It was created by GONZO, the makers of Last Exile and GANTZ. There is a manga version that takes a different direction from what the anime series took. Has no relation to the popular video games Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross.

Other -
I'm surprised no one has started a thread on this series. So far, I have not yet seen the anime, but from reading the manga version, it looks interesting so far. Has anyone else seen this series, and is the anime version any good? Also, as there is no thread on this series, this can also be a place to talk about Chrono Crusade.
Green_Bird 09-19-2004 01:17 AM
I've only read one part of the manga. For some reason....I can't help but think that Rosette = Yumiko (Um...The Crossfire Manga....just without the whole...blood thrsty Alter ego that is hidden from view with glasses thing.) maybe that's because of the whole nun thing.....

And no it has nothing to do with Chrono triger....it's set in 1920.....here's the ANN page for it.... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...ime.php?id=2884

I would like to read somemore of the manga before I make any judgements....But the rest of it looks good...
Yomiko 09-24-2004 10:59 AM
I was just think of doing a thread like this just a minute ago. I liked reading the manga bits in NewType so I went and bought the manga. I thought it was funny, can't wait till the next one comes out er till I go get it. The anime would be fun to watch.

quote:
I can't help but think that Rosette = Yumiko (Um...The Crossfire Manga....just without the whole...blood thrsty Alter ego that is hidden from view with glasses thing.)
I can't understand that. I think you ment Yomiko from R.O.D. the OVA.
Green_Bird 09-24-2004 05:50 PM
Where do you find the manga? I've been looking all over and the bookstores don't have it. I found the anime But I didn't find the manga! because I would like to read more....

quote:
Originally posted by Yomiko
quote:
I can't help but think that Rosette = Yumiko (Um...The Crossfire Manga....just without the whole...blood thrsty Alter ego that is hidden from view with glasses thing.)
I can't understand that. I think you ment Yomiko from R.O.D. the OVA.

Now that you mechen it they do look alike....But Cross Fire is a prequil to Hellsing...not really a prequil per se, but more like a three story side story that was before Hellsing focusing on Iscariot rather then the Hellsing Org. Here's a picture...Mind you that she's usualy dressed as a nun....The only diffrence between them is Yumiko's alterego is the female alucard with a Katana (Second picture...)

IanC 09-25-2004 03:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
But Cross Fire is a prequil to Hellsing...not really a prequil per se, but more like a three story side story that was before Hellsing focusing on Iscariot rather then the Hellsing Org.

I cant seem to find this series anywhere......?
Green_Bird 09-25-2004 03:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by IanC
quote:
But Cross Fire is a prequil to Hellsing...not really a prequil per se, but more like a three story side story that was before Hellsing focusing on Iscariot rather then the Hellsing Org.

I cant seem to find this series anywhere......?

They're only in the backs of Hellsing 1-3....there's only three because they were first published in a defunct magazine.
IanC 09-25-2004 04:07 PM
quote:
They're only in the backs of Hellsing 1-3....there's only three because they were first published in a defunct magazine.

ah
Well i was planning on getting the Hellsing manga anyway Big Grin
Sharpshooter005 09-26-2004 07:49 PM
quote:
Well i was planning on getting the Hellsing manga anyway

It's almost worth buying just for those..yeah.

Heinkal is awesome.

And I saw the first...3 episodes of this, it seemed pretty good.
Patsai 09-27-2004 05:00 PM
I saw the first three episodes of this anime. It's a very gothic anime, but it still was able to pull off some really humor from time to time to relieve tension, and they seem to do it at the right time. The use of Christianity to bind the storyline seems a little off (nuns with guns fighting evil?), but I still like it nontheless. I have yet to see more of this anime before I can make a final judgement, but these are my first impressions, and they've got positives all over it.
Sharpshooter005 09-27-2004 06:41 PM
quote:
(nuns with guns fighting evil?),

It's sorely lacking in anime, yeah. Tongue
angelcakes 10-25-2004 03:57 PM
I actually bought the first manga this week (Gotta love buy four get the fifth free week Tongue )

It's actaully quite interesting, but the beginning seems like there was a prequel or something. Maybe that's just my need for a description in thr first manga....

I must say, Chrono is demon form is quite the looker Big Grin

quote:
(nuns with guns fighting evil?)

That has to be the most accurate portrayl I've heard Big Grin
C.R Foxhound 11-03-2004 03:34 PM
I've seen this stuff for this anime in Newtype, i need to get into manga
Tabris-kun 11-05-2004 10:01 PM
I read the manga preview of it in Newtype. What did Chrono mean by saying Rosette's soul belonging to him? Confused
Asirt 01-30-2005 03:19 PM
Finally got the chance to see the first 4 episodes of this series. It's pretty good so far. I don't have a favorite character so far, but the characters are pretty cool.

quote:
What did Chrono mean by saying Rosette's soul belonging to him? Confused

spoiler (highlight to read):
Well, in the anime, you know that big necklace that Rosette has? That's a seal for Chrono. If the seal is broken, he will become the devil form. However, the reason why Chrono doesn't want to transform is because if he does for long enough, Rosette will die (something about being Chrono's contractor or something like that). In episode 4, I believe, Rosette says that to Azmaria, something about not living to see the age of 30. I'm not sure about the manga version, though.

I look forward to seeing more of this. It's not everyday you see nuns with guns.
hotaru neko 02-01-2005 08:55 PM
gotta love Anime. they make scary demons look like prettyboys! Tongue

I saw teh first DVD this summer! it was cool, I liked it a lot.. I dig teh holly water bullets xD

I saw teh second one at hastings awhile back.. I gotta go rent it.. =X
Arei 08-22-2006 11:25 PM
Just curious xD Its my 2nd favorite series, next to Hellsing.

Its a really great series. I seriously suggest the manga over the anime. The anime is good but not even half-way through it becomes a totally different stories. There are pretty much no simularities between the end of the anime and the end of the manga =P I really like the manga better, but there are some things they never explained/made sense in the manga that are added to/explained in the anime.

And womanizing Aion made me very very angry... He's not suppose to do that!!! Mad

The end of the manga was just like... whoa O_o Its been ages since the manga finished... Moriyama should do some side stories to fill in the plotholes at the end (just for curiosities sake, though I can almost 100% assume what happened >.>)

Wont say anymore, lest there are some fans out there Tongue This is not a series to spoil
angelcakes 08-25-2006 08:49 AM
Bam!

That aside, Chrono Crusade is quite a good series. The dub in the anime always got on my last nerve. The random lease dates and lengthy waiting for the manga to be released got on my nerves too.

The ending was terribly sweet ^_^ It got me sporting a Chrono theme till last week-ish actually.

S'a good series. ^_^
Ace378 09-03-2006 03:16 AM
While I haven't read the manga I have seen all of the episodes and I think it was pretty good. Lots of details in this anime which made it kind of hard to pay attention to what was going on centerstage. At any rate while I understand and can appreciate the ending I gotta say I was kind of hoping for something better ya know?