Powerpuff Girls cancelled

Kittie heavenly6 09-16-2004 09:47 PM
R.Smith 09-16-2004 09:50 PM
I have to admit, since Craig Mccracken had left the show up to the other people, it just wasn't the same, and the animation style...well it just wasn't that good anymore after the movie. Also the plots.....they...just....didn't do much for me. Still, I didn't think this would happen, at least so soon, I mean didn't they just start those Powerpuff Girl ads for some website?
BabyGhia 09-16-2004 09:54 PM
I don't watch the show that much. Sometimes if it's on and I catch it, I'll watch it. Or my friend's girls are watching it. I liked some of the episodes but not all of them. I didn't realize McCracken left. Don't blame him though.

I'm sure they'll play the series to death regardless of it being canceled.

BabyGhia
Green_Bird 09-16-2004 10:00 PM
The Beat-alls are over....Sorry....I couldn't help saying that....that was a good episode....the one with all the beatles reffrences in it. But I agree with R.Smith....when he left the show to the other people it kind of went down the drain....the animation sucked....and then those....idiodic powerpuff fasion ads....don't get me started on those....I mean Pre-movie = Great - Post-movie = Sucked
Fujiko 09-16-2004 10:02 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

although i do agree things haven't been the same without mccracken there.
Dude Love 09-16-2004 10:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
The Beat-alls are over....Sorry....I couldn't help saying that....that was a good episode....the one with all the beatles reffrences in it. But I agree with R.Smith....when he left the show to the other people it kind of went down the drain....the animation sucked....and then those....idiodic powerpuff fasion ads....don't get me started on those....I mean Pre-movie = Great - Post-movie = Sucked


LOL. That was my favorite episode! Then again, I am a hardcore Beatles Fan...
Hienrich Ele 09-16-2004 10:04 PM
PORQUE?!?!?!


Damn it! I liked that show.


Wait... did I say that?
evanASF27 09-16-2004 10:06 PM
they probably just got bad ratings. I mean I used to watch the PPGs when doign homework (just cos it was something to watch) and it wasn't too bad. I'm not a HUGE fan of the show but I like it. But now, it sucks. The animation is too different, the ideas are drained out...

I think they just saturated the market. Too much PPGs will kill ya. (like that one episode with the rabid PPG fan)
Pygmalion 09-16-2004 10:13 PM
Yes, the show did have some very funny episodes. We liked the broccoli episode ("Beat Your Greens") since both boys love broccoli, as do we.

Pygmalion
Prons 09-16-2004 10:30 PM
I'm not too keen on PPG, but I watched a lot of it back in my day. Hard to belive it came out in 1999, its been a long time.
Zopwx2 09-16-2004 11:27 PM
The last PPG I saw was the original World Premire toon with the meat gun.
re-animate 09-16-2004 11:40 PM
i can happily say i hated the show

but to bad, CN is loosing money now
Mr. Fortnight 09-16-2004 11:53 PM
Cartoon Network is losing money?

Well, it's no surprise considering all the boneheaded decisions they've been making.

Like their DBZ fetish, their mismanagement of Toonami, their outright shunning of Anime. Not to mention their pandering to the soccer moms.

Simply put, they're losing viewership because people just don't want to watch their crap anymore!

Foster's simply won't cut it, and neither will JLU.

They needed their Anime shows, and they blew them all away. Just to push DBZ down our throats, then crap like Sealab 2021.

Goku holds us down.
re-animate 09-16-2004 11:54 PM
new groupe

more anime for CN watchers!
Mr. Fortnight 09-16-2004 11:58 PM
Think of it like this:

They cancel PPG (which at times was entertaining), yet they keep the worst show in there (Johnny Bravo) and show it whenever they feel like it.

Or like this:

DBZ gets 1 hour on the old Toonami. Sailor Moon gets the half-hour before Toonami starts when no one watches, while Hamtaro (WTF?!?) gets the slot SM should have had.

And don't get me started on the screw-job G Gundam and Ruroni Kenshin got.
Seraphim 09-16-2004 11:59 PM
I thought they cancelled this ages ago.
evanASF27 09-17-2004 12:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign M
Think of it like this:

They cancel PPG (which at times was entertaining), yet they keep the worst show in there (Johnny Bravo) and show it whenever they feel like it.

Or like this:

DBZ gets 1 hour on the old Toonami. Sailor Moon gets the half-hour before Toonami starts when no one watches, while Hamtaro (WTF?!?) gets the slot SM should have had.

And don't get me started on the screw-job G Gundam and Ruroni Kenshin got.

Well how do you think we Lupin fans feel? They complain about low ratings when LupinIII is aired at 1:30am in the damn morning!! Mad
Seraphim 09-17-2004 12:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign M
Think of it like this:

They cancel PPG (which at times was entertaining), yet they keep the worst show in there (Johnny Bravo) and show it whenever they feel like it.

Or like this:

DBZ gets 1 hour on the old Toonami. Sailor Moon gets the half-hour before Toonami starts when no one watches, while Hamtaro (WTF?!?) gets the slot SM should have had.

And don't get me started on the screw-job G Gundam and Ruroni Kenshin got.

Well how do you think we Lupin fans feel? They complain about low ratings when LupinIII is aired at 1:30am in the damn morning!! Mad


Well, if you consider the demographic of Lupin III, it sort of makes sense. (Since you have to consider the other demographics in there anyway).

For example, kids might like the earlier shows. Also, Lupin has got a lot of guns and such in it, so it's probably not the best to put on really early.
Zopwx2 09-17-2004 12:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign M
Think of it like this:

They cancel PPG (which at times was entertaining), yet they keep the worst show in there (Johnny Bravo) and show it whenever they feel like it.

Or like this:

DBZ gets 1 hour on the old Toonami. Sailor Moon gets the half-hour before Toonami starts when no one watches, while Hamtaro (WTF?!?) gets the slot SM should have had.

And don't get me started on the screw-job G Gundam and Ruroni Kenshin got.

Well how do you think we Lupin fans feel? They complain about low ratings when LupinIII is aired at 1:30am in the damn morning!! Mad


Lupin Fans
Case Closed Fans
BIG FREAKIN O FANS!

CN is starting to piss people off more than usual.
Mr. Fortnight 09-17-2004 12:06 AM
Hell yeah. You see my point!

You know how you can make CN interesting?

Take everything they make (in house) other than ATHF and Season II Big O, pile it up in a pyramid-like shape, douse it with gasoline, and toss a lit match into it.

Then splash hydrochloric acid on the ashes.

All the while, taking in the sight.

(Plays fiddle like Nero)