evanASF27 09-17-2004 12:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign M
Think of it like this:

They cancel PPG (which at times was entertaining), yet they keep the worst show in there (Johnny Bravo) and show it whenever they feel like it.

Or like this:

DBZ gets 1 hour on the old Toonami. Sailor Moon gets the half-hour before Toonami starts when no one watches, while Hamtaro (WTF?!?) gets the slot SM should have had.

And don't get me started on the screw-job G Gundam and Ruroni Kenshin got.

Well how do you think we Lupin fans feel? They complain about low ratings when LupinIII is aired at 1:30am in the damn morning!! Mad

Well, if you consider the demographic of Lupin III, it sort of makes sense. (Since you have to consider the other demographics in there anyway).

For example, kids might like the earlier shows. Also, Lupin has got a lot of guns and such in it, so it's probably not the best to put on really early.

Oh right, Inuyasha you see blood and swords everywhere and people getting burned and eaten and killed left and right...Lupin, you have some 13+ content (Lupin + Fujiko) and then plainly ungraphic murders. ANd did I mention that you don't see too many murders? There's language and there's a bit pervertedness to it...but then so does Inuyasha. Inuyasha is a lot worse than Lupin when you compare the two.

(sorry for getting off topic. This is the last post I'm goign to make about this subject)
Mr. Fortnight 09-17-2004 12:11 AM
Evan, I see where you're coming from. You'd think that the Adult Swim moniker would make it safe to show Lupin and InuYasha.

I guess the occasional innuendo that hapens on Lupin was enough. Although Miroku is a freakin PERVERT!!!!!
Mr. Saturn 09-17-2004 12:17 AM
quote:
They cancel PPG (which at times was entertaining), yet they keep the worst show in there (Johnny Bravo) and show it whenever they feel like it.

What are you talking about? Old Episodes of Johnny Bravo >>>>>> Any of the other crap Cartoon Network made. (Bar: Adult Swim and Toonami)

And Sealab kicks ass!

I for one am GLAD they canceled it. I couldn't STAND that show.
BabyGhia 09-17-2004 12:19 AM
The Beat Alls episode is one of my favorites also. I mean, they did have some really great episode but they also have some that weren't. Oh well.

Evan, I totally understand what you mean about Lupin and InuYasha. Miroku can be such a lecher while I didn't think Lupin was all that bad from that standpoint. Roll Eyes CN can be SO stupid sometimes... I mean... most of the time.

BabyGhia
JAYCZero 09-17-2004 12:23 PM
quote:
Cartoon Network is losing money?

Well, it's no surprise considering all the boneheaded decisions they've been making.

Like their DBZ fetish, their mismanagement of Toonami, their outright shunning of Anime. Not to mention their pandering to the soccer moms.

Simply put, they're losing viewership because people just don't want to watch their crap anymore!

Foster's simply won't cut it, and neither will JLU.

They needed their Anime shows, and they blew them all away. Just to push DBZ down our throats, then crap like Sealab 2021.

Goku holds us down.

Well I have to admit , I am a Huge Fan of Dragonball Z. And It does
bother me that your blaming Dragonball Z for this and bringing Toonami
Down. Toonami was the Afternoon and Midnight Block
for Anime , if it weren't have been for Toonami there would be
no Anime , not even Adult Swim . And don't forget Toonami
was the one that Introduced Big O , to bring this Magnificent Forum
and to air the uncut version in Adult Swim. Let me put this Plain and
simple for ya, Toonami+Dragonball Z+Anime= Adult Swim .
I'm not being Rude but I'm just giving you the Fact , sure I have
to agree it pisses people off that Dragonball Z was butchered by
Funimation that , I have to admit. But this has nothing to do with
no airing of the Power Puff Girls . Yeah I understand that it was
bad to cancell it , I also was a Fan of the Power Puff Girls.

But aside from this , I agree with all of you that it was stupid of
Cartoon Network to cancel off The Power Puff Girls , it was the
Cartoon show that energized Cartoon Network with these 3
@$$ Kicking Girls , I have to give it Credit for that. But it shouldn't
take a Rocket Scientist to figure why they cancelled the Show.
Reasons why , the sam Plot , some monster is causing Distruction
upon the City and this is in every episode , and the Infamous
repetitive line from the announcer , "The City Of Townville" and
then they show the tour of the people from townsville you get
the picture , not only that . But it was the same thing over and
over again. But nonetheless they could have started something new
instead of canceling out. But you never know , Probably The Power
Puff Girls are going to return to Cartoon Network again.
¡SpoonySthingyy! 09-17-2004 12:30 PM
Well. I loved PPG. It's just one of those senseless shows you watch cause it's funny.

It's disappointing, but such is life..becasue CN is being brainwashed by someone...(lets hunt them down!)
Hanyou 09-17-2004 12:41 PM
dang. I didn't see too many eps of PPG, but I loved it when I watched it.

Gone, eh? Frown
Dingo 09-17-2004 12:57 PM
PRAISE THE LORD! THE EVIL HAS BEEN VANQUISHED! By that i mean the production value of PPG got so bad they had to cancel it, and im not complaining. Im happy. YAY!
Tickle Tickle 09-17-2004 02:01 PM
I personally think it's good it's ending now.

After that one episode, 'Knock it off' no other episode was really good. I just hope they make a good ending.

Although I doubt it, they'll just do what they did with Courage, and Samurai Jack- End it with a normal episode.
The Big Ian 09-17-2004 02:29 PM
Shows that ended/are ending soon that I think are the awesomest thing ever (but don't ask me to make a song about them </obscure reference>):

Ed, Edd, N' Eddy (Of course, it'll really only end once CN FINALLY AIRS THE LAST FEW EPISODES plus the holiday specials)
Courage (didn't even know it was done Frown )
Samurai Jack (Didn't know that ended either, WTF?)
Dexter's Lab (technically not done, but considering it's "formula" is identical to PPG's...)
PPG, but only because the pre-movie ones were the roxxor.
SHEEP IN THE BIG CITY PWNS YOU ALL!!!

So, is it just me, or is CN losing most of its Cartoon Cartoons?

Though I really wish they'd make more DVD sets for these shows. Samurai Jack got the royal treatment, why not Ed, Edd, N' Eddy, Courage, or Sheep!?

Ooh-la-la. 600 posteroonies!
Tickle Tickle 09-17-2004 03:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Ian
Ed, Edd, N' Eddy (Of course, it'll really only end once CN FINALLY AIRS THE LAST FEW EPISODES plus the holiday specials)

I am so upset EEE is ending, but I want to SEE WHAT DOUBLE D IS HIDING DAMN IT.

quote:

Yeah, ended awhile ago.

quote:

Yea, apparently, Genny gave up on it or something. The last episode deals with Jack saving a baby..

quote:
So, is it just me, or is CN losing most of its Cartoon Cartoons?

Yeah, but then they replace it with crap like 'Kids Next Door'.

Note to CN: The whole 'kids hate adults' thing needs to stay on Nick, don't bring garbage like that on your network please.
Exhale Saga 09-17-2004 03:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Ian

Dexter's Lab (technically not done, but considering it's "formula" is identical to PPG's...)
PPG, but only because the pre-movie ones were the roxxor.
SHEEP IN THE BIG CITY PWNS YOU ALL!!!

Ed, Edd, N' Eddy was good when it began, but they started to overuse their jokes and it got old quick. "Buttered Toast" and "Gravy" don't stay funny forever. Though, I will will admit, the episode where Double D bought the new butt was hilairious! Wink And I loved when Ed said, "But like a bean buritto, I shall return."

What!? Samurai Jack is over! I can't say I was a HUGE fan. The episodes that were comedy where hilairious, but the action seemed cheep to me. Crap, it ended with Jack saving a baby? I was looking forward to an actual ending where he found his way back to his own time.

Hmm, I don't have much of an opnion on Power Puff Girls. Most of the episodes I saw were horrible, but I must admit. Some of 'em did have some pretty good lines.

I can't believe what Cartoon Network's doing with Cartoon Cartoons! They used to be enjoyable, but I can't even begin to tell you how suck Kids Next Door was.

Everything Cartoon Neywork is doing is destroying them! Miguzi or something like that... I don't like anything on it 'cept Teen Titans. Well, I'm not a big fan of TT. It's okay, though...

I don't like how Toonamai is throwing away their anime. Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho had horrible show times. Well, YYH is that good, but it would have been if they had stuck with the Spirit Detective. Then, they replaced Rurouni Kenshin with Gundam SEED. It seems that even the anime that they do put on CN is crappy. I mean, look... They're putting on stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, too! Hey, don't me wrong, though... The Yu-Gi-Oh manga is awsome, but they messed the show up with the card game.

At least Adult Swim does have an okay line up. Inu-Yasha (Though, it's getting fairly repataive. Hundreds of episodes and three movies. And I heard they're not even finished with it in Japan yet. Is that true? Well, I hope it doesn't end up like Dragon Ball Z.), Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun...

I miss the days when CN was actually good. When the played great series like Tenchi Muyo!.

Wow, I got off topic...
C.R Foxhound 09-17-2004 04:19 PM
I'd have to admit, after Craig left, it wasnt the same.

I hope CN doesnt screw up Teen Titans
BethMcBeth 09-17-2004 05:14 PM
Awwww man!! Geez!! I actually liked the show, its too bad Craig had left, I thought he was awsome! Drat, hopefully there will suerly be re-runs.
Lupin IV 09-17-2004 07:40 PM
That's...unexpected Confused I thought the PPGs is a major Cn exclusive? Anyway, why was it cancelled? The thread no longer exists on the link.

I've seen the show a few times when watching the tv with the family, and it was never a torture to sit through. I thought it was pretty funny. Not to mention, it has a huge fanbase.

And at this time, I'd like to shed a tear for all the poor kids who have to now deal in a world with no more (new) adventures of Blossom, Buttercup, and Bubbles. The world cries for you, MojoJojo Crying

:*-{
Gokufann 09-17-2004 07:48 PM
I can't believe it! The PowerPuff Girls is cancalled!
MidnightLight 09-17-2004 10:03 PM
To cancel the Powerpuff Girls is a crime. They'd just do what Umino said.... and then there will be riots where the rioters are girls(and like, one guy) from the ages 5-8 with retarded pickets signs like, "Cancel the Powapuff Girls and feel R rath!!!" And the one guy will be like, "Yea! You betta bring back my Girls right now 'cause I'm missin' a very important Lifetime show and in 30 min. I gotta see my Tinkie Winkie!"

P.S. Picket signs are mispelled on purpose and the one guy is like, 12 years old.
hotaru neko 09-17-2004 10:39 PM
Don't even get me started on how ebil CN was to my Kenshin... moving him all over teh place! it went from 5 episodes a week to one.. to... none! T____T about died when I found out it was once a week... a girl needs her kenshin dammit! T_____T

::twitchs ears:: sorry.. >_> stay.. ontopic....

PPG! I use to be such a big fan xD I catch it every once inawhile now... I never see any good episodes though.. teh good ol' ones T.T Teh mayor was my favorite character though "My life is a lie!!" XD

::coughs:: anyways... sorry to see it go but... being teh CN-ie people they are... they OVERUSED it! there's only so many times you can watch them fly around and beat up teh SAME badguys (yesh they kept using them over and over again.. and the ones they didn't use over again... where just some random monster!)

but you gotta admit.. teh money was teh cool....

quote:
Although I doubt it, they'll just do what they did with Courage, and Samurai Jack- End it with a normal episode.

ahhh I miss those T.T ::pets cute lil' Courage::
SpidermansDaughter 09-29-2004 11:01 PM
why were they cancelled?
ebie 09-29-2004 11:09 PM
WTF Confused Confused
Frown I love PPG I'm gonna go cry!Crying