Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

COHugh 09-24-2004 12:09 AM
Ah! I knew someone would have the answer! Smile

Either way, I still would rather see a living Aeris...

Anyone else cheer during the end of Kingdom Hearts when
spoiler (highlight to read):
the credits were rolling and they show the scene with Cid motioning that Cloud returned and Aeris just leans in and... So sweet. ::sniffles::

ugh I got all mushy... Where's the football game? ::grunts::
JAYCZero 09-24-2004 07:20 AM
Wait a Minute Confused ... WHAT ABOUT AERIS ??How is she
Alive in the GAME ???
Travis Bickle 09-24-2004 10:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero
Wait a Minute Confused ... WHAT ABOUT AERIS ??How is she
Alive in the GAME ???

In Kingdom Hearts? It basically pretends that nothing ever happened. It just throws charachters from the FF universe into the game. Selphie and Squall are in it, too, from FF8.
COHugh 09-24-2004 09:24 PM
It's a combination of many worlds. FFX's Tidus and Wakka are little children on an island at the beginning of the game, Yuffie is also with Aeris, Cid, and Squall on another world, etc. Kingdom Hearts really is a great game if you haven't played it...

But back to DoC... I want an Aeris cameo, dag-nabit! Big Grin
Volt 09-25-2004 05:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
If I recall correctly, Vincent's Level 4 Limit Break could be obtained under the following circumstances:

First, you must visit the Oasis with Vincent (as indicated above) to receive his Ultimate Weapon, the Death Penalty (I think that's what its name was; I can't remember). For his level 4 Limit Break, Chaos, simply return to the Oasis during Disc 3 (with Vincent in your party, of course)...I'm almost 95% sure that's how you obtain it. Remember, you must have already received Vincent's Ultimate Weapon.

Personally, I think it's one of the easier Level 4 Limits to obtain...certainly a lot easier than Great Gospel, Aeris' Level 4 Limit Break...Wink

Actually, I believe you had to visit Lucrecia during disc 2, then come back in disc 3 to find her dead. Vincent will then receive both his ultimate weapon and limit break. I could be wrong, of course.
Raven 09-25-2004 06:56 PM
I was thinking... It is nice to have a bad ass main character once again. I mean just look at the main guy in FF12, what a pansy. Oh and don't even get me started on Tidus... Roll Eyes
R.Smith 09-25-2004 07:23 PM
http://forums.adventchildren.net/showthread.php?t=15968

Again, this too was removed due to piracy concerns.
JAYCZero 10-02-2004 12:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith

Wait a minute lemme get this Straight , There was a game
of Final Fantasy 7 DC distrabuted over the net ? but how if
it wasn't released , correct me if I'm wrong. But what was
all that Excitement going on that forum??
R.Smith 10-02-2004 02:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith

Wait a minute lemme get this Straight , There was a game
of Final Fantasy 7 DC distrabuted over the net ? but how if
it wasn't released , correct me if I'm wrong. But what was
all that Excitement going on that forum??

No, no. Not a game, but a trailer with clips from the game.
Travis Bickle 10-09-2004 01:27 PM
After reading a little more about it on various sites (Gamespot, 1Up, Advent Children, Famitsu, etc.), you can pretty much say that this game is going to be just like Devil May Cry.

Also, I have a question. Is the Final Fantasy Compilation just the big fancy name for Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, and Before Crisis bundled together? If not, then what is it?
R.Smith 10-15-2004 03:01 PM
quote:
Trailers for DC and BC
TGS trailers for Dirge of Cerberus and Before Crisis have apeared courtesty of Gameshot.net. The Dirge of Cerberus trailer mixes familiar scenes with new footage, while the trailer for Before Crisis is the same as what we have seen, though the sound is much better now.
» Dirge of Cerberus Trailer...
» Before Crisis Trailer...

(AdventChildren.net)
R.Smith 05-18-2005 02:22 AM
quote:
Dirge of Cerberus Pre E-3 Report
Gamespot has posted their Pre-E3 report on the new shooter RPG "Dirge of Cerberus".

While only releasing the minor information regarding the Plot, (mainly regarding the origins of Deep Ground, though no informtion on how Vincent is involved) Square representatives have said that Dirge of Cerberus will have "shocking truths never revealed in the original game."

As a bit of a sidenote, on the press release, a tag line has been added: The time has come to cleanse this world. Hunt down the unworthy...and show them no mercy.

Also, six new screens have been added, including a close-up of Vincents face, as well as one showing two of the presumed Deep Ground Soldiers.

Look forward to more updates as they arrive.

» Full Report on Gamespot
» View Screens
Xel 05-19-2005 06:39 PM
I would just like to take the time to say this, which I can't believe I haven't until now:

REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE yay.

That is all.
Travis Bickle 05-19-2005 10:22 PM
This is straight from Gamespot:

Summary of Interview with Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

It provides some new information on the game.

Enjoy.
R.Smith 05-20-2005 03:44 PM
quote:
Jump Magazine: New Dirge of Cerberus Scans
The new Jump Magazine has been released in Japan, with updates on Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, and Final Fantasy XII.

While the surpise information from Advent Children WAS the release date, it still contains new scans, including the one of Cloud holding Kadaj.

As for Dirge of Ceberus, two new pages of scans have surfaced, and according to FFAC Reunion, a Dirge of Cerberus poster featuring Vincent has also been added.
» Scans: Page One
» Scans: Page Two
» Source: FFAC Reunion
R.Smith 05-23-2005 08:48 PM
quote:
G4 Square-Enix Coverage: Dirge of Cerberus Clips Shown
G4 Video Game TV has posted their video coverage of the Square-Enix booth at E3.

While there is no new information shown, it does include clips from the trailers, including the Dirge of Cerberus one.

During the clip, you find that the Deep Ground Solider (DGS) was created by the late President, and kept hidden in the corporation shadows.

They also mention the words Chaos, Omega, and the weapon born of tainted life.

Other topic matter includes Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy XI/XII and Kingdom Hearts II.

» Watch the Video
» Source: FF7 AC Reunion
Travis Bickle 06-01-2005 08:44 PM
I forgot I started this thread Confused

Anyway:

quote:

Square Enix to showcase FFXII this summer

Final Fantasy XII and other anticipated games from the publisher will be playable at July's Square Enix Party in Japan.
By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot

TOKYO--Square Enix announced that it will hold the Square Enix Party 2005 on July 30 and 31 at the Nippon Convention Center (Makuhari Messe) in Chiba, Japan. The festival will be open to the public, though details on admission fees haven't yet been announced. Visitors will be able to play a number of upcoming games from the publisher, as well as get a sneak peek at the latest trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

As Square Enix president Youichi Wada stated during E3, Final Fantasy XII will be playable at the event. All other games slated to make appearances will be shown in playable forms, according to Square Enix. Though Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII was noticeably absent from E3, the company has announced it will be at the Square Enix Party 2005.

The full list of games scheduled to be at the festival is as follows:

Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
Code Age Masters (PS2)
Fullmetal Alchemist 3: Kami o Tsugu Shoujo (PS2)
Grandia III (PS2)
Heavy Metal Thunder (PS2)
Musashi Samurai Legend (PS2)
Slime Morimori: Dragon Quest 2 (Game Boy Advance)
Final Fantasy XI (PC, PS2)
Front Mission Online (PS2)
EverQuest II (PC)[QUOTE]

Source: Gamespot
R.Smith 06-01-2005 11:14 PM
Official DC site updated, and redone!
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/dcff7/

Its now flash, and has lots of cool things to check out (if you know Japanese that is). Wink

There's wallpaper, character profiles, and check out the story section for some really nice "clips". Cool

Also has neat music in the background! Big Grin

Translations:

quote:
Story
From here, a hunt is taking place over the entire world. For the worthless prey, massacre and atrocities are planned...

Three years after Final Fantasy VII, a mysterious group suddenly surfaces to raid a town. They are a group of soldiers known as the Deep Ground Soldiers (DG Soldiers), trapped under Midgar due to the Meteor disaster.

A main character of the original game, Vincent Valentine, personally has some connection with this series of events, but the reason is unknown. What awoke in the underground in these three years? And what is the tragedy that is beginning? When the world is engulfed by darkness, his handgun will play the dirge...

"It's the beginning of the end..."

quote:
Vincent Valentine
When the Shin-Ra Company was still known as Shin-Ra Manufacturing Works, he was a gunman for the Turks. His body was reconstructed by Shin-Ra's mad scientist, Hojo, and he went to sleep in a coffin in the Shin-Ra Mansion, but three years ago he went together with Cloud's group and saved the world.

On an invitation from Reeve, Vincent visits the Kalm Revival Festival. There, he is met with the raid by the Deep Ground Soldiers. Beginning with this attack, tragic love from a time long ago and his own mysterious past come to light...

quote:
Cait Sith
Speaking in his unique accent, he's a self-proclaimed fortune-telling robot.

To see the outcome of his predictions, he went with Cloud's group on their journey, but he was really a spy controlled by Reeve of the Shin-Ra Company's Department of Urban Development. Soon, he was moved by the actions of Cloud's group, and he eventually became a double agent as well as a reassuring, active companion. After the collapse of the Shin-Ra Company, his double acts as member of a private organization which helps regenerate the Planet, known as the World Regeneration Organization (W.R.O.).
CablesInside 06-02-2005 12:35 PM
i don't care if they do milk this series, this game looks incredible
it appears to be an action rpg, or maybe jsut a third-person shooter
i read third-person shooter in a playstaion magazine a few months back, but while browsing through the site r.smith linked to, it said something with the letters rpg

cait sith will also be in the game
i rememebr seeing a clip with what looked liek a girl in a VR visor thing
i bet it's actually her controlling cait sith, and there'll eb some good character development there
also, the ff7 world is amazing, it's tied with paradigm city for the most interesting universe ever
you gotta love the old-style future, and past-inspired future technology throughout both of the series

this one is a different turn for the series, and is a sequel to a masterpiece gameadvent children covers the other characters, and ties up those loose ends. Advent children as a game would be going too far. But a game with the two characters that get the absolute least story action is a pretty good idea. Nobody related to cait sith, and a lot of people thought vincent was pretty cool, but hardly anybody got him, and fewer got to his storyline. This looks like a brilliant direction for ff7 to me. I jsut wish that game for the cell phoen was for ps1 or soemthign like that that we could do here.
R.Smith 06-10-2005 03:25 AM
quote:
20 new Dirge of Cerberus screenshots from E3
Gpara.com has added 20 new screenshots of Dirge of Cerberus which were also shown at E3.
Click on "Read More" to view the screenshots.

» Gpara.com article
» Source: FF7:AC Reunion

» Read More...