Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

C.R Foxhound 09-18-2004 04:11 PM
just end the madness already Red Face
Volt 09-18-2004 08:09 PM
MOD EDIT: Post deleted, see below for Reason.
JAYCZero 09-18-2004 08:43 PM
MOD EDIT: Post deleted, see below for Reason.
The Fallen Phoenix 09-18-2004 09:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dawnstirder
4. Etiquette

Perhaps the most important unwritten rule – Be Courteous. Most of the same rules in real life apply to the forums as well. Treat other’s as you wish to be treated. Don’t be rude, or display other characteristics that intentionally offend others. Minor quibbles can’t be avoided at times, but treat each situation fairly and calmly and you’ll come out on top.

Good idea! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Volt
JAYCZero, I don't know how else to say this, but you're an idiot for the following reasons:
1) You can't read.
2) You can't type.
3) You're a Cloud fanboy.
4) Cloud is the star of FF7 AND Advent Children. It's about time they shine the light on a more interesting character.

Now stop complaining and play some games that don't involve spikey haired teenagers with 8 foot broadswords.

Bad idea. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero
LOL..Volt please don't try me,Your picking the wrong person.

And I don't know how to say this Volt Frown how should I put it ?
umm..hmmm.

1)Your a Green Glob of $h1t Just like that Avatar of yours that looks
like Meguzi, Lol man I bet you watch Meguzi
2) Your a Punk
3) You Don't Know How to Mind You Own F****** Business
4) Who The F*** You Think You Are Telling Me I Can't Read ? What ? Do You Know Me ? Have you Actually Monitored My Speech ? No , Well Alright Then
[/list]

Volt and So what If Cloud is My Favorite Character ? at least I'm not like you who likes having a Green Slime Of $h1t
as a Favorite Character. I feel sorry for you and also who cares
If My typing is not all that good , what do you actually get a
Nobel Peace Prize for that ? I type However The HELL I want to.Typing is Typing , and don't get
it confused Reading is not writing , so you should get that
Green Earwax off your Ear , maybe is clogging up your Brain
and it's making you Stupid. So I'm not going to waste my
time with you. So just do me a Favor Volt , Get out of my
sight before I'll be like Zeus from Mount Olympus and put a Lighting
Volt up your Ass BeeOtch.

Neutral ...right, I think you get the picture. For the record, this post alone violated...oh, just three of the eleven forum rules.

---
Point of this post? Someone (or rather, someones, pending further discussion) is probably going to get a warning from this. A good idea would be to avoid this thread in the meantime. A bad idea would be disobeying this mandate and posting in this thread.

The best idea would be to notify a moderator or attempt to diffuse a situation via PM or other means of communication (out of the public arena), unlike what we have witnessed above. The worst idea would be participating in such a manner in the future, just as we've witnessed above.

---
So, let us summarize:
  • This thread is locked
  • Someone(s) is (are) going to get a warning
  • Do--Not--Do--This in the future

I really don't know how else to say it...
Kittie heavenly6 09-20-2004 09:44 AM
Thread re-opened on the grounds that:
The fighting stops, and no one dicusses the warnings issued because of this thread. Please continue with on topic posts.
AndroidZeroX 09-20-2004 12:07 PM
Alright.... so there isnt goin to be a sequal for the original ff7 yet? This is just some game about vincent. not liking the idea, but it will have t do while i wait for a real sequal to ff7
COHugh 09-21-2004 01:38 PM
Huh Didn't see this earlier...

Either way ::is happy the game will be made:: Big Grin

Edit:
I am a little disappointed that Vincent will be the main character. I mean, a lot of people didn't even realize that he was in FF7 unless they read a walkthrough, article, saw his action figure, or just stumbled upon the side-mission to get him. I was more of a Yuffie fan myself... I love sneaks. Big Grin

That being said, it should be at least interesting... I had my doubts about X-2, but I played it all the way through and was pleasantly proven wrong. Hopefully this will be the same.
Mr. Fortnight 09-21-2004 04:28 PM
1: Yes! There really are Yuffie fans! I'm not the only one!!!

2: I have to concur, WHY Vincent? Howcome one of the "regular" characters wasn't chose for the sequel? (Like Yuffie)

3: Still, no Aeris return... *grr*
R.Smith 09-21-2004 05:04 PM
There's been some more info on DoC and on the "Compilation of FFVII" http://forums.adventchildren.net/showthread.php?t=15613

For those too lazy to click the link:
quote:
A translation of Square Enix's PDF about the Compilation of FFVII has been added.

COMPILATION OF FINAL FANTASY VII

"Final Fantasy VII", released for the PlayStation in 1997, sold more than 4,000,000 units in Japan and over 9,000,000 worldwide. The world of FFVII is the basis for an expansive array of titles known as the "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII." In addition to the first part, "Before Crisis -Final Fanasy VII-", and the second, "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children", already announced so far, the third has been announced now. With the addition of "Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-", the world of Final Fantasy VII is expanded on more and more.

COMPILATION OF FINAL FANTASY VII - PART ONE
BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-
Offical service beings Friday 24th September 2004!

Square Enix (Shinjuku Bunka Quint Bldg., 3-22-7 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku Tokyo, representative director and company president: Yoichi Wada) has announced that the official service for "Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII-" will commence from Friday 24th September 2004.

---

Receiving 1,600,000 accesse on the opening day of it's beta test (31st August), anticipation for this title has risen. Starting 6 years before the story of "Final Fantasy VII", released in 1997 and selling over 9,000,000 units, "Before Crisis" sees the player taking on the role of a member of the "Turks", an elite group carrying out top secret work for the Shin-Ra Company, and will performs various mission.

It makes full use of the functions of mobile phones. Features include the "Materia* Creation" system using the digital camera function, and the "Materia Support", a system where friends can cooperate with each other over the network which proved useful even in the beta version. "Before Crisis" proposes a "completely new kind of game for mobile phones."

* Materia = a substance that enables the use of various abilities and magics when equipped.

COMPILATION OF FINAL FANTASY VII - PART THREE
DIRGE OF CERBERUS -FINAL FANTAY VII-

The third part of the "Compilation of FFVII" is finally revealed! Carrying on from the mobile phone application "Before Crisis" and the visual work "Advent Children", the next is "Dirge of Cerberus", a new title appearing on the PlayStation 2, depicting the world 3 years after "Final Fantasy VII."

(Story Outline)

After their sudden appearence, a mysterious group begin to attack towns. They are known as "Deep Ground SOLDIERS" (DG SOLDIERS), trapped underground by of the Meteor disaster.
It appears the main character 'Vincent Valentine' has some kind of connection to this series of events, but what exactly is unknown. When the world is engulfed in darkness, his pistol shall play the 'dirge'.

Except to see appearences from other "Final Fantasy VII" characters as well!

COMPILATION OF FINAL FANTASY VII - PART TWO
FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN

The second part of the "Compilation of FFVII" is "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children", a visual work depicting the events 2 years after "Final Fantasy VII." We can report that having received a special invitation to the 61st Venice International Film Festival, the official exhibit was carryed out without a safely, and came to an end with great success.

----

Despite still being in production, Advent Children received a special invitation due to the high quality of the title. The press conference was attended by Marco Muller, the general director of the festival who estabished the "Venezia Digitale [Digital Image Category]." He commented that, "As far as for the films I've seen, there is still few which show fresh/young talent. At this year's festival I estimate that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is at the forefront. I think that the creators have seen a new future for films."

(Image: Director Tetsuya Nomura (left) and Marco Muller (right))

BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII- Service details
iMode Access Method: Menu list > Game > Role Playing > Final Fantasy i
Cost: 500 points per month (525 yen exchange)
Compatible models: NTT DoCoMo FOMA 900i series - P900i, P900iV, N900i, N900iS, SH900i

DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII- Product summary
Release date, price: Unconfirmed
Platform: PlayStation 2

FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN Product summary
Release date: Planned for 2004
Price: Unconfirmed *DVD visual work
Asirt 09-21-2004 05:47 PM
From reading the previews and such, Dirge of Cerberus looks like a good game. The only thing is that I don't know who Vincent is. From reading the thread, it looks like he was one of those characters where you had to go do a side-quest from FF7 and get him there. I don't see him in the game.
Raven 09-22-2004 12:09 AM
Thats kinda cool though that Vincent is the main character. Besides the Turks, Vincent was the only FF7 Character that I actually liked. Pretty cool too the he uses guns to battle, always like that in RPGs for some reason.
COHugh 09-22-2004 12:47 AM
Trisa, here's how to get him:

spoiler (highlight to read):
Go to the Shin-Ra mansion in Nibelheim. Go up the stairs and head left to the next screen. Enter the top room (the one with the safe) and approach the safe. Enter in this combination:

Right 36
Left 10
Right to 59
Right to 97

You have to do this rather quick. I think there's a 30 sec. time limit. In addition, you might want to prepare for a rather difficult boss fight. Once defeated, you get the key to the basement door. Go down to the basement. Head toward the library's entrance, but instead of entering the library at the last screen (the library has a great cut-scene if you return here in Disc 3, btw), walk to the top of the screen. You'll notice a door and what appears to be a tomb behind it. Approach the door and you'll be able to enter thanks to the key. Examine the coffin at the top of the room and Vincent will jump out. Talk to the coffin again and he'll make a comment. Leave the tomb, head to the library, leave the library and begin heading back to the basement stairwell. Vincent will stop you and join your party.

You have to have Vincent in your party if you want to get his ultimate weapon. Once you get the submarine, search for the underwater cave that leads to an "oasis" surrounded by mountains. Get out of the sub and enter the cave behind the waterfall for a cut scene. Come back after you've played the game for a bit and you'll get Vincent's ultimate weapon. As for his Level 4 limit attack, I don't remember. Wink
Travis Bickle 09-22-2004 01:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by COHugh
Trisa, here's how to get him:

Go to the Shin-Ra mansion in Nibelheim. Go up the stairs and head left to the next screen. Enter the top room (the one with the safe) and approach the safe. Enter in this combination:

Right 36
Left 10
Right to 59
Right to 97

You have to do this rather quick. I think there's a 30 sec. time limit. In addition, you might want to prepare for a rather difficult boss fight. Once defeated, you get the key to the basement door. Go down to the basement. Head toward the library's entrance, but instead of entering the library at the last screen (the library has a great cut-scene if you return here in Disc 3, btw), walk to the top of the screen. You'll notice a door and what appears to be a tomb behind it. Approach the door and you'll be able to enter thanks to the key. Examine the coffin at the top of the room and Vincent will jump out. Talk to the coffin again and he'll make a comment. Leave the tomb, head to the library, leave the library and begin heading back to the basement stairwell. Vincent will stop you and join your party.

You have to have Vincent in your party if you want to get his ultimate weapon. Once you get the submarine, search for the underwater cave that leads to an "oasis" surrounded by mountains. Get out of the sub and enter the cave behind the waterfall for a cut scene. Come back after you've played the game for a bit and you'll get Vincent's ultimate weapon. As for his Level 4 limit attack, I don't remember. Wink

Yeah... The name of the boss is Lost Number, I think...
StevieV019 09-22-2004 08:02 AM
Im a little skeptical about this game, mainly because I loved FFVII so much. However, the fact that Vincent is the main character is cool, in my opinion. I enjoyed his character a lot and thought he brought a broodish element to the traditional "happy" main group. Plus, his group the Turks, and their side story, Id love to know more about. Like Raven said earlier, I really enjoyed the Turks and Vincent, Ill definitely have to concur.
Asirt 09-22-2004 09:44 PM
Thanks for the walkthough on how to get him. I'll have to try it out sometime.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like the FF series, including 6 and 7, but it seems like that SE are slowly starting to lose their touch. Other than that, this game looks cool, and it's also a good thing that FF7's story is getting bigger and bigger.
COHugh 09-23-2004 12:01 AM
Not a prob!

Yeah, Square-Enix is rehashing a loooooot of ideas these days, but I don't know about being completely out. FF might be sliding down a bit, but Kingdom Hearts has at least 2 or 3 more good stories in it, so I'm sure that Square-Enix will be alright for a while at least.

::can't wait for "Chain of Memories" and "KH2":: Smile
JAYCZero 09-23-2004 09:32 AM
Ooooooh ! that's what the Gun was for in Final Fantasy 7 !
I was wondering what the hell was that gun used for.
Travis Bickle 09-23-2004 10:14 AM
I heard from a good friend of mine who used to hold a job at Square Enix that Dirge of Cerberus is expected to come to the US November of 2005. It's just speculation as of now, but I'd expect to see it around that time, too.
The Fallen Phoenix 09-23-2004 04:51 PM
quote:

Right 36
Left 10
Right to 59
Right to 97

If I recall correctly, Vincent's Level 4 Limit Break could be obtained under the following circumstances:

First, you must visit the Oasis with Vincent (as indicated above) to receive his Ultimate Weapon, the Death Penalty (I think that's what its name was; I can't remember). For his level 4 Limit Break, Chaos, simply return to the Oasis during Disc 3 (with Vincent in your party, of course)...I'm almost 95% sure that's how you obtain it. Remember, you must have already received Vincent's Ultimate Weapon.

Personally, I think it's one of the easier Level 4 Limits to obtain...certainly a lot easier than Great Gospel, Aeris' Level 4 Limit Break...Wink
X Prime 09-23-2004 05:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:

Right 36
Left 10
Right to 59
Right to 97

If I recall correctly, Vincent's Level 4 Limit Break could be obtained under the following circumstances:

First, you must visit the Oasis with Vincent (as indicated above) to receive his Ultimate Weapon, the Death Penalty (I think that's what its name was; I can't remember). For his level 4 Limit Break, Chaos, simply return to the Oasis during Disc 3 (with Vincent in your party, of course)...I'm almost 95% sure that's how you obtain it. Remember, you must have already received Vincent's Ultimate Weapon.

Personally, I think it's one of the easier Level 4 Limits to obtain...certainly a lot easier than Great Gospel, Aeris' Level 4 Limit Break...Wink
Ironically, Great Gospel is bar none the de facto ultimate Limit break.