Dr. Dre

NightRanger 09-15-2004 09:33 PM

Like his protoge, Snoop Dogg, Dre is a legend.His album "The Chronic" is definately a timeless album. How can you resist songs like:

Deep Cover
f*** Wit Dre Day
Nuthin' But A "G" Thang
Bitches Ain't sh**
The Next Episode
and others???
Nine Kuze 03-27-2006 02:41 PM
Dr. Dre is alright, nothing to go crazy over but alright. His lyrical talent is straight but he's really at the top of his game when he's producing and behind the camera.

His best work was with NWA and when he first started Death Row Records. But then again, he discovered Enimem and I think people still haven't forgiven him for that one.
Peace.
David Ryder 03-27-2006 02:47 PM
Dr.Dre is ok, I guess, but I don't like rap except for Del, and old school (80's rap).

quote:
he discovered Enimem

That was a crime against all humanity. Enimem has and always will suck IMO. He's just some sorry ass white boy that thinks he can rap, just like what, 99.99% of all white rappers.
Nine Kuze 03-27-2006 02:54 PM
Yeah, like NightRanger said, Dr. Dre did have The Chronic which is considered to be one of the best albums in hip-hop history. It's alright in my book but I'm not that big of a fan in the West Coast hip-hop scene. (Suge Knight can keep his crap Big Grin )

Enimem is actually (I can't believe I'm doing this...) not that bad. I'm mean there's a lot of material to hate on him but lyrically, he's not too bad. I can name millions others who suck more than him (such as everyone in the South for example) but he's much, much better as a producer. The reason I don't like Enimem is because I SOOOO hate his voice. I just distest the way it sounds so much. The lines are good, his voice sucks hard.

EDIT:
quote:
He's just some sorry ass white boy that thinks he can rap, just like what, 99.99% of all white rappers.

Interesting, whose the 1%? Big Grin
Peace.
088nd 03-27-2006 03:16 PM
Dr. Dre is one of the most overrated rappers out there. I mean, any time I listen to a Snoop-Dr.Dre collaboration, it seems like he doesn't understand the tempo of the song, and raps half the speed of Snoop. Needless to say, it's not very good.
Travis Bickle 03-27-2006 03:20 PM
I'm going to go on record and say that The Chronic (the original) is one of the greatest rap records of all time.
Sharpshooter005 03-27-2006 03:22 PM
"I thought it was just a nickname. You know, like Dr. Dre..east-siiiide."
David Ryder 03-27-2006 03:54 PM
quote:
Interesting, whose the 1%?

Me and my christian rap group. "Da Crossz". I have some song titles but this is just me doing some A.C style parody, so it's best not to pay me any mind haha XD. I also have some crazy alien/UFO related death metal, good times.

And I agree with nine, while I don't think dre is that great of a rapper, he is light years ahead of oh say something like this... "Yeah son!!! Hotlanta!!! Yeah gettin me some crunk juice and pimpin' ma rimz and ma grill!!!"
Sharpshooter005 03-27-2006 04:13 PM
quote:
"Yeah son!!! Hotlanta!!!

I believe the technical term is

"DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTY SOUF"
David Ryder 03-27-2006 04:22 PM
quote:
"DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTY SOUF"

"Yeah son! We's best get rollin' and pick up lil' scrappy,luda, and little john! Then we's gon get our crunk on!!"
Travis Bickle 03-27-2006 05:20 PM
I have this odd feeling that we don't have discussions anymore. Instead, somebody makes a thread that's actually really decent or really sh**ty, Sharpshooter makes a joke about it, and 20 people come in and have a really drawn out "LOL". Then the joke gets overplayed again and it continues in a cycle, until the thread is dead.

That sucks.
David Ryder 03-27-2006 05:34 PM
That's Probably my fault ><.
Sharpshooter005 03-27-2006 06:01 PM
quote:
Sharpshooter makes a joke about it

Yeah I'm...sort of an albatross.
Nine Kuze 03-28-2006 03:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
I have this odd feeling that we don't have discussions anymore. Instead, somebody makes a thread that's actually really decent or really sh**ty, Sharpshooter makes a joke about it, and 20 people come in and have a really drawn out "LOL". Then the joke gets overplayed again and it continues in a cycle, until the thread is dead.

That sucks.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Except who forgot the part where someone resurrects the thread after years of non-posting. Yeah, that's my part. But, some of the times, yeah it does kind of dissolve into just a bad, very dead, thread.

But, its still funny to a degree.
Peace.