[Suggestion] "Go To Last Post" Button

Seraphim 09-12-2004 09:41 PM
Hmmm. We have a "Go To Last Unread Post" button, but not a "Go To Your Last Post" button.

I can think of all the times when I might have clicked a thread and read the last page, but I posted a couple pages back. It would be helpful if you can start right from your last post instead of the last post you happened to read (which really isn't the case, cuz when it goes un-yellow, it's no longer available).

So what do you think?
evanASF27 09-12-2004 09:47 PM
Seraphim...the idea, outright, is a little stupid.

Threads, with the exception of the Speakeasy (when it was open), never go more than 2 pages a day. And even then, you can go back a couple of pages, find your post, and then read.

It's not a big deal to have to do that. Not like those 30 seconds mean life and death or anything.
Dude Love 09-12-2004 09:51 PM
1. I don't think it's possible (but I'm a pessimist).
2. If it contradicts with last unread post, I'll be angry, since I read threads without posting all the time.
The Fallen Phoenix 09-12-2004 10:02 PM
Try opening the thread in tree mode and quickly browsing the top of the screen: it lists all the posts in the thread along with their subject titles.

Takes all of twenty seconds at most?
Pygmalion 09-12-2004 10:04 PM
The other thing you can do is search through your posts from your profile page. I find that useful.

Pygmalion
Seraphim 09-12-2004 10:25 PM
I think it would be a really nice and useful idea. I myself would find it SO convenient.
evanASF27 09-12-2004 10:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
I think it would be a really nice and useful idea. I myself would find it SO convenient.

...yes, take a shortcut that saves you 20-30 seconds...WOOHOO! Big Grin that was sarcasm
Hienrich Ele 09-12-2004 10:51 PM
Gotta love little tiny text Smile )

It makes no difference to me. I can think of a few times when I could use that, but I really just look through all of the posts really. That way if I missed any I notice it.
Krang 09-13-2004 12:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Hmmm. We have a "Go To Last Unread Post" button, but not a "Go To Your Last Post" button.

I can think of all the times when I might have clicked a thread and read the last page, but I posted a couple pages back. It would be helpful if you can start right from your last post instead of the last post you happened to read (which really isn't the case, cuz when it goes un-yellow, it's no longer available).

So what do you think?

Considering the fact that we already have a "go to first unread post" button (), a "go to last post" button (), and a "search for posts" button (), I think this would be unnecessary.
Green_Bird 09-13-2004 12:50 AM
Is there like a way to get like the number of your post when you go in to your profile and click search for posts by user thing? what I mean is for example:

when you click on the thread title, it should be like this with the post number on it:

http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...6790#post216790

Not like this:
http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...=&postid=216790

Or add something to the same page that's like a go to this post thing....That like saves time and that would dubble as what Seraphim Suggested as well.

Um...did that make any sence? or do we alredy have something like that I keep missing?
Krang 09-13-2004 01:03 AM
Yep, there's always a way to get a direct link to a post. To the left of the post date, there is an icon that looks like this: (or this if you've already read the post). Right click it and copy the link location, and it will give you a direct link to your post.
X Prime 09-13-2004 01:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Yep, there's always a way to get a direct link to a post. To the left of the post date, there is an icon that looks like this: (or this if you've already read the post). Right click it and copy the link location, and it will give you a direct link to your post.

....Even "I" didn't know that. Damn that's obscure. Thanks.
Seraphim 09-13-2004 06:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang

Oh, hm. Well, I'll be damned.

I suppose that does basically what I wanted here. Thanks!