Recent Music Purchases

Dork 09-21-2005 11:46 PM
'Mary had a little Amp' is the newest edition to my CD collection. It's a compilation of kid's songs sung by popular artists. Amoung the diddies are a haunting version of 'Pure Imagination' by Maroon 5 (the reason I bought the CD) but I'm addicted to just about every song on the CD. I love Jack Johnson's 'The 3 R's' like the rest of the CD it's laid back, a touch moody, and generally feels like a fantastic jam session.

muchlove
-Dork
IanC 09-22-2005 02:56 PM
This:

Doctor Who Cybermen tin.

As some people may know, back in the 70s BBC went through a throw stuff out of the archive period. Unfortunatly, a lot of Doctor Who episodes where thown out, including the Cybermens first and last appearances in the pre colour era.

This is a collection of audio recordings of them, along with a Origins of the Cybermen CD.

edit- Ok so its not really music Tongue but i get most of my music via iTunes, only cds are buy are Audio Dramas now.
088nd 09-22-2005 05:12 PM
Just bought Led Zeppelin IV, finally. It's amazing.
Dork 09-23-2005 08:55 PM
Picked up the 'Corpse Bride' soundtrack from Best Buy last night. It was close to dinner and I had to use picking food up at Panera as an excuse to get to that side of town. Not that it was a sacrefice or anything. Love love love their broccoli cheddar soup.

I really haven't listened to it. I'm more than a little disappointed that it only has four songs. I might feel a little more inclined to listen to it once I see the movie.

muchlove
-Dork
Green_Bird 09-23-2005 10:23 PM
I picked up Out of Exile (Audioslave) the other day.....but that's about it...very good album if I do say so myself.
Dork 10-14-2005 09:25 PM
Robots soundtrack. I really liked the underground chant song.
Travis Bickle 11-23-2005 09:08 PM
I bought myself a late birthday present

spiked-knives 11-24-2005 01:59 PM
recently i have bought

1. Queens of the Stone Age (self title album)

2.System of a Down (Self Title Album)

3. Rage Against the Machine: Battle For Los Angelas

4. and though i got it copied from someone i now have this really cool TOOL: Opiate mix (has all the original songs from opiate, but with a bunch of live songs and some stuff off of this dvd they released)
angelcakes 11-25-2005 08:47 PM
Today I bought BEDlight for BlueEYES, Motion City Soundtrack: I Am the Movie, Panic! At the Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, and the Memoirs of a Geisha soundtrack. I have bought music in so long XP
Travis Bickle 11-30-2005 12:03 AM
Recent CDs I got:

ELP - Pictures at an Exhibition (live)
ELP - ELP
ELP - Trilogy
ELP - Tarkus

Queens of the Stone Age (CD/DVD) - Over The Years and Through The Woods

Tub Ring (CD/DVD) - Optics and Sonics
David Ryder 11-30-2005 02:23 AM
Nothingface: Violence. pretty cool CD.
pen1300 12-10-2005 06:43 PM
This past week:

Bright Eyes: Lifted or the Story is in the Soil (this is for my mom, seriously. It's a Christmas gift).
Counting Crows: Recovering the Satellites
Counting Crows: This Desert Life.

Later,
Pen1300
Travis Bickle 12-11-2005 02:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
Bright Eyes: Lifted or the Story is in the Soil (this is for my mom, seriously. It's a Christmas gift).

Your mom likes emo? Wowzers.

I just bought Tub Ring - Optics and Sonics
David Ryder 12-28-2005 09:21 PM
I recently picked up Samael's Reign of Light CD. I'm going to have to try and pick up some more of their stuff, tis good.
Randolph 12-28-2005 10:20 PM
Recently got hold of some Bobby Darin and Bee Gees discs.
Seriously defeats pretty much all else on the market these days.
Buck Buck #1 12-29-2005 06:37 PM
Over the past few days I got

A User's Guide to They Might Be Giants

Sufjan Stevens - A Sun Came, and Enjoy Your Rabbit
pen1300 12-30-2005 08:09 PM
Corpse Bride Soundtrack (MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!Big Grin Mom rocks.)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Soundtrack
Cruel Intentions Soundtrack
And another Counting Crows, but I forget which...it hasn't arrived yet...

Ok...does anyone else see a pattern here with C? That's kinda creepy....and I didn't try it.

Later,
Pen1300
Travis Bickle 12-30-2005 08:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
Ok...does anyone else see a pattern here with C? That's kinda creepy....and I didn't try it.

I'm tempted to make a joke about that, but since it's pretty much the new year, I'm not going to.

ZOMG A FIRST!

I bought, recently:

Nirvana - With The Lights Out Boxed Set
Faith No More - The Real Thing (lost my old copy)
Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (lost my old copy)
King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King (again...lost my old copy)
Shaoblane 12-30-2005 08:37 PM
I got a gift certificate for christmas. Pleased I blew it on a CD single.

Reliant K's The pirates who dont do anything. Pleased Gotta love them Veggie Tales.
Sephiroth 12-31-2005 12:08 AM
With some of my abundant Christmas money I picked up Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree and, Coheed And Cambria: Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (Really long Title).