Recent Music Purchases

Exhale Saga 09-11-2004 08:30 PM
Well, sice there's a Recent Anime Purchases thread I decided to make a thread on this. Wink

I just picked up Iron Maiden: Rock in Rio at Hastings. It has an incredible lineup of 19 songs on two CD's. I like it, but Bruce Dickonson's (The vocalist.) voice doesn't sound as whole live.

See ya,
Exhale Saga
Green_Bird 09-14-2004 06:44 PM
I got the Resident Evil: Apocalypse Soundtrack today....it's accualy quite good.....Rammstien's on now....

Am I the only one that accualy buys CDs anymore....I mean If I'm not then why doesn't this thread have more people in it by now? Yeah....I noticed that with Iron maden....the music sounds good live, but Bruce Dickonson's voice doesn't.....
Travis Bickle 09-14-2004 06:56 PM
I bought a greatest hits album of Jefferson Airplane on Sunday of Jefferson Airplane for $6 and I bought the new Omar Rodriguez Lopez album (the guitarist from the Mars Volta).
re-animate 09-14-2004 11:49 PM
i just recently got the new green day and papa roach albums.

their very good

getting away with murder rocks!
BethMcBeth 09-15-2004 12:05 AM
I just bought the two Big O cds with the music from the series and I just love it so much! ^_^"
Dork 09-15-2004 01:44 AM
Recently I bought Wicked: the broadway musical soundtrack ^_^ and I like Idina Menzel as Elphaba so much I bought the Rent soundtract in which she played Maureen. And I'm considering buying Idina's first cd 'Still I Can't Be Still'.

Aside from that I'm going to buy the Little Shop of Horrors soundtract (the movie version, not the broadway one) shorty ^_^ mostly for the song 'Dentist'.

Long live show tunes, because everything else is commercialized clap trap ::ducks flying boot:: ahem. . . anywho. . .

muchlove
-dork
M.S. Feather 09-15-2004 01:46 AM
The Matrix Reloaded album. Cool
Hanyou 09-15-2004 11:28 AM
Ocean Avenue --Yellowcard's latest album

and the Return of the King musical score.
¡SpoonySthingyy! 09-15-2004 01:55 PM
The last one I picked up was The Used self titled album, very soon though, as in ..saturdayish..I'll be running off to get the new green day cd, and possibly The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack..cause mine broke yesterday..*tear*.. I love that cd Frown (and movie for that matter Tongue )
Redd 09-16-2004 06:36 PM
The last CD i bought was the t.A.T.u CD "200 KM/H in the wrong lane"... and that was like two weeks ago... XP

dude 800th post!! Wheee!
The Fallen Phoenix 09-16-2004 06:44 PM
As I mentioned in this post, I obtained Les Miserables - The Musical That Swept the World: 10th Anniversary In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall CDs a week ago (after ordering them the weekend prior).

And a week before I ordered that I picked up the Styx - Come Sail Away Anthology.

Future music purchaces will likely include the Les Miserables - Complete Symphonic Recording; other than that, I'm not entirely sure...
Buck Buck #1 10-11-2004 10:47 PM
The last things that I bought were Antics by Interpol and the Lazy Painter Jane boxset by Belle and Sebastian. Big Grin
Madrona 10-14-2004 05:17 PM
Just got back from the store with:

Coldplay A Rush Of Blood To The Head

and

Green Day American Idiot
Asirt 10-14-2004 05:23 PM
A few days ago, I got Maria Mena - White Turns Blue. I never heard of this artist before, and since the tracklist and the cover looks interesting, I decided to get it. It's pretty good overall, and was only 10 dollars. Smile )

Later,
TRisa
BethMcBeth 10-14-2004 06:31 PM
Hmm I just recently bought the Dido album Life for Rent I thought it was fun and her musics coolness too.
Darkside 10-14-2004 06:42 PM
I went on a music haul

ICP: Hell's Pit
Spiderman 2 OST
Kill Bill vol.1 OST
Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions OST
Tesla - Into the Now
Sevendust - Seasons

I'm lovin all of them
Spooky 10-16-2004 01:27 AM
Last weekend Best Buy was doing their promotional 10% off coupon gig, so I picked up:

The Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits (why I did not already own this, I don't know)

and

Tool's "Lateralus" - Again, another stumper as to why I didn't already own this, but my love for Tool resurfaced a couple of weeks ago when I found "Undertow" after seemingly losing it forever!

My next CD to pick up: Muse's "Hullabaloo" - however I can't seem to find it anywhere that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for it!

Latah Wink
Token
Travis Bickle 10-16-2004 02:03 AM
I went to Best Buy today, and this is what I walked away with:

Rollins Band - Weight
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Marilyn Manson - The Last Tour On Earth

I also preordered the new Mars Volta album called Frances the Mute! It's supposed to come out at the end of next month! I CAN'T WAIT!
Exhale Saga 10-16-2004 09:48 AM
Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Yes, I do realize I'm 20 years late picking up this album, but I'm trying to collect all their albums. I've heard most of 'em at a friend's house, though.

Oh, I'm heading for the mall today with $20 and I was thinking about picking up Megadeth's new CD. Is it any good?

See ya,
Exhale Saga
Nyarlathotep 10-16-2004 02:35 PM
Del Tha Funky Homosapien: Both Sides of the Brain

Pretty good stuff, been getting into rap recently, but only select artists whom I feel meet my criteria as good rap. And Del is most certainly that.