Does anyone know anything about the Band Garbage?

BethMcBeth 09-06-2004 05:06 PM
Does anyone know anythign about the Band Garbage?

I mean I know their songs and cds stuff like taht, but who are they were they are from. I was looking around for that info and I can't seem to find it. Sorry to botehr anyone, also are they still touring? Thanks!
Neko 09-06-2004 05:20 PM
Well, I just talked to my friend who's a Garbage fanatic. He says that they're working on their new studio album and are therefore not touring. They're still an active band though; so, once they get the new CD out, I'm sure they'll tour.
Kittie heavenly6 09-06-2004 05:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BethMcBeth

I mean I know their songs and cds stuff like taht, but who are they were they are from. I was looking around for that info and I can't seem to find it. Sorry to botehr anyone, also are they still touring? Thanks!

The singer, Shirley Manson is from Ireland, and she came from another band who's name escapes me right now. The rest of the band is comprised of American Songwriters/record producers that wanted to try something on their own. Butch Vig probably being the most notable, who Produced Nirvana's "nevermind" Album, and Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream".

Are they still touring? I'm not really sure. You really don't hear much about them anymore.
snapdragon 09-07-2004 04:32 AM
quote:

mean I know their songs and cds stuff like taht, but who are they were they are from

heres the bio of Shirley Manson Pleased
http://www.absolutedivas.com/shirley/biography.shtml

i've heard a rumor that said they recorded a song with Marilyn Manson *jumps 'n claps*
and yes they'll certainly tour when their new album comes out

besides, their biggest influence in music is Curve (which is less pop than Garbage) and even if i prefer Garbage generally speaking, its still worth listening to (fav song by Curve : Hell above water)
Smile
BethMcBeth 01-07-2005 02:11 AM
SCORE!! GARBAGE's NEW ALBUM! BLEED LIKE ME is comming out soon!!! YAAYAY!!! This new album will be released in April of 05!! And the last time I looke it was New album*: 93 Days, 20 Hours, 48 Minutes, 54 Seconds! WEEEEEEE!!! Heres a fun site that has more info all about it!

Bleed Like Me Countdown!
Travis Bickle 01-07-2005 10:49 AM
quote:
SCORE!! GARBAGE's NEW ALBUM! BLEED LIKE ME is comming out soon!!! YAAYAY!!! This new album will be released in April of 05!! And the last time I looke it was New album*: 93 Days, 20 Hours, 48 Minutes, 54 Seconds! WEEEEEEE!!! Heres a fun site that has more info all about it!

Bleed Like Me Countdown!

What an ironic title name, since Shirley Manson was once known for self mutilation (aka "cutting") and now runs a help line for it.
C.R Foxhound 01-07-2005 11:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
quote:

The singer, Shirley Manson is from Ireland, and she came from another band who's name escapes me right now. The rest of the band is comprised of American Songwriters/record producers that wanted to try something on their own. Butch Vig probably being the most notable, who Produced Nirvana's "nevermind" Album, and Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream".

Are they still touring? I'm not really sure. You really don't hear much about them anymore.

Really though, a few years ago, they were everywhere, then just fell out the spotlight, oh well, its
good to know they're still around
Zola 01-07-2005 11:05 AM
Somewhere, Beth, I have a tape of a "Behind the Music" or similar VH1 thing that had them on it. If I can find it, I'll ship it out to you Smile
StevieV019 01-07-2005 12:39 PM
Yeah, I know a lot about Garbage, they became mainstream/popular when I was a freshman in high school...given my age now...yeah, Im familiar with them.

Good stuff, if you ask me. They have songs in the Gran Turismo game, "As Heaven is Wide" if I recall correctly from their self titled album with the pink cover. I own it, first album I bought of theirs. Known for songs like: "Stupid Girl", "Im Only Happy When it Rains", "When I Grow Up" (from the movie Big Daddy as well)....

Pretty much are known in rock circles, they have a tendency to go a good 2-3 years in between records being released. I believe they have 3 or 4 records released. "Garbage", "Version 2.0" , and another one besides the newly released mentioned above.

I like them, but have to admit havent bought an album of theirs in years. I think they tour only in coordination with their album releases. They dont ever do mass band show,s anymore, I think.

Hope this helps...
Travis Bickle 04-27-2005 08:01 PM
Well, I just got Bleed like me, and it is an amazing album. It's more like the original debut and Version 2.0, although I was very fond of "beautifulgarbage". My friend got me back into them recently.
Bllue 04-27-2005 08:17 PM
I remember my sister saying something about them. and she took a test on which rocker chick are you, and she got the chick from garbage. she wasn't sure who they were, but shes like " niiiiice."
(Sarcasticly.) but then i told her who they were and the she sadi "Oh."
TanookiJoe 04-28-2005 12:22 AM
I'll always have a soft spot for Garbage. First band I was truly into.

Yeah, Garbage really does tend to fall out of the spotlight whenever they're between albums. Good to see they're still at it. Cool
Travis Bickle 05-04-2005 12:49 PM
Well, I just picked up the new album earlier this morning. It kicks ass.
Lupin IV 05-05-2005 05:06 PM
Didn't they do "The World Is Not Enough"?
Travis Bickle 05-05-2005 05:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lupin IV
Didn't they do "The World Is Not Enough"?

Yes, they did. But, if I'm not mistaken, I think it was just Shirley Manson. I'm probobly wrong, though.
TanookiJoe 05-05-2005 10:22 PM
The movie credits the title song to "Garbage".
BethMcBeth 05-08-2005 01:49 AM
Awesome cd I finially was able to listen to it thanks so much! And it is great! The band has even updated their website which is here Garbage.com And its pretty cool they are even touring right now as we speak about the states and even parts of Canada too so check it out!

-Beth
StevieV019 05-16-2005 07:20 AM
I picked up Garbage's new album, "Bleed Like Me" and its really good. I really enjoy tracks 2,3, and 9...Like Cerpin Taxt said, its more like a blend between their first 2 albums. You can hear the emotion and angst in their songs like their debut, and then pick up on their more uptempo beats like their second album. Good stuff. Id recommend it. I havent bought a Garbage cd in years...so it was good. Honestly, I was excited about its release, but I was also a little skeptical given their time away from things. I was nervous picking it up...but after listening to it all weekend, Id have to say it was a successful endeavor.