[Question] PCF Yahoo chat room?

NukuNuko77 09-06-2004 12:19 PM
would it be okay if i can create a Yahoo chat room for PCF?
Dude Love 09-06-2004 12:20 PM
Hmm... I can offer one piece of information. The idea sounds cool, but it's doubtful it'll be recognized as the official chat room. This was once proposed before... I believe Krang's objection was that it couldn't be moderated.
Seraphim 09-06-2004 12:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Hmm... I can offer one piece of information. The idea sounds cool, but it's doubtful it'll be recognized as the official chat room. This was once proposed before... I believe Krang's objection was that it couldn't be moderated.

Moderated? Since it's external from the forums, you can just leave if it gets too hot.
The Fallen Phoenix 09-06-2004 12:35 PM
Just wanted to add the link from Prons' suggestion.

In any case, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. Like Wienberg said, it wouldn't be considered an official chat room...but I don't see what would stop you from setting it up, if you want.

I think it's no different than having AIM chats with multiple PCF members...
Zola 09-06-2004 12:47 PM
We have the IRC chat room, that's been around for a while Smile
Jonny Axehandle 09-06-2004 01:43 PM
I've already done this. Krang doesn't want to have an "official" chat room due to the fact that it is impossible to moderate. But I still have the link to it posted somewhere.

EDIT: Here it is-

http://chat.yahoo.com/?room=Paradigm%20City&client=Messenger
BethMcBeth 09-06-2004 04:51 PM
I personally find it eaiser to stick to the forums but thats just me..
Krang 09-06-2004 11:14 PM
Like others have said, it's fine with me if you want to create a chat room to talk to other PCF members, but we will not support it as an official chat room for PCF. Due to problems that happened when someone set up a chat room at Shredder's and my other forums, I'll also mention that the staff here will not be held responsible for anything that happens in the chat, and if arguments that occur there are brought onto the forums, warnings will be issued.
Kittie heavenly6 09-06-2004 11:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Like others have said, it's fine with me if you want to create a chat room to talk to other PCF members, but we will not support it as an official chat room for PCF. Due to problems that happened when someone set up a chat room at Shredder's and my other forums, I'll also mention that the staff here will not be held responsible for anything that happens in the chat, and if arguments that occur there are brought onto the forums, warnings will be issued.

Yeah, to be honest... That chat damn near ruined the forums. Several members left, General discussion was shut down it was just bad.