[Suggestion] Thought I'd throw in this Big Duo Inferno style as an offering.

X Prime 09-06-2004 12:15 PM
Lord knows this place needs more Big styles... Heh.

But yeah, the PCFers who saw Primus Dome liked it, so I thought I'd gi it to you guys. It'd certainly get more use... Not gonna bother including the banner I got made for it, since I imagine it's too large for your tastes.

Demo Link: http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?sid=&styleid=58

Notes: This forum won't accept .gz files, so I changed the extension to .zip... Change extension back to .gz if it won't open. If you want to import it, you have to change the extension back to .gz or extract the style file within.
Green_Bird 09-06-2004 12:37 PM
I like it....I think it would look good here as a alternet skin. I mean it still has the Orange and gray colors....but the maroon and the darker orange do accsent it kind of nicely...so does the so does the background line on the "Forum, Posts , Threads, Last Post," thing....

Good job Big Grin .....
Krang 09-07-2004 02:09 AM
Thanks! I added it as an additional style here (although the PCF logo doesn't really match with it...).
Kittie heavenly6 09-07-2004 02:30 AM
Wow this is... different.

I'm going to try it out for awhile, Im not sure what I think yet Laughing
It does look nice though. I think it's just different enough it kinda takes me back a little.
The Big Finale 09-07-2004 02:58 AM
I like it, I like it! Nice work, X Prime. Very nice.

Now what would a Big Venus style look like? Confusing, to be sure.
evanASF27 09-07-2004 02:59 AM
it would probably be grey with crystal blue and dark grey. (not a bad idea actually ^^)
X Prime 09-07-2004 06:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Thanks! I added it as an additional style here (although the PCF logo doesn't really match with it...).

May want to add underlines... I personally didn't bother as I hate the fact that there's no easy way to make said underlines match up with link color consistently.

You can take my BDI banner if you like, but I'm afraid it may look too bulky here if not enclosed in a table like I have it.

Also, you may want to change the cellspacing of quote and attachment boxes... The WBB authors kind of screwed up by making the BBCode for them fixed spacing when it's perfectly possible for the normal style variables to work. It doesn't look good on BDI because I use a border trick to give it a sort of 3Dish table effect.

Oh, and about a Big Venus style... I did one sans a decent banner, and trust me... On color comparision it's just a lighter Big O.

http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?sid=&styleid=60
The Fallen Phoenix 09-07-2004 11:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by Krang

May want to add underlines... I personally didn't bother as I hate the fact that there's no easy way to make said underlines match up with link color consistently.

You can take my BDI banner if you like, but I'm afraid it may look too bulky here if not enclosed in a table like I have it.

Also, you may want to change the cellspacing of quote and attachment boxes... The WBB authors kind of screwed up by making the BBCode for them fixed spacing when it's perfectly possible for the normal style variables to work. It doesn't look good on BDI because I use a border trick to give it a sort of 3Dish table effect.

Oh, and about a Big Venus style... I did one sans a decent banner, and trust me... On color comparision it's just a lighter Big O.

http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?sid=&styleid=60

I love the Big Venus banner...another excellent style, too. Big Grin
Green_Bird 09-07-2004 01:15 PM
I'm useing the Big Duo one now. I kind of like it...I also think that the baner does mach. With the orange and gold bars anyway....Also the Big Venus one is also good I like that one too. The pale pink kind of like breaks up the dark colors a bit wich it diffrent.

Good job on that one too Smile ....
R.Smith 09-07-2004 06:12 PM
Very nice X Prime! Big Grin I like both of them, but I think I'll stick with the Paradigm theme, since I think I'd get confused as to what site I was onTongue
Kittie heavenly6 09-07-2004 06:15 PM
I really love the Big Venus one.
I'd use that one all the time.
X Prime 09-07-2004 06:33 PM
Just because I'm bored, I'll present what is likely the worst of the Big Styles...

1: Big O (He ain't very black according to the images...): http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?sid=&styleid=57

2: Big Fau (Warning: Bright. It's Fau after all, plus getting decent colors with him was harder than making sense out of the decisions of the United Nations.): http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?sid=&styleid=59
Zopwx2 09-07-2004 06:40 PM
side note: The Big Fau banner is awesome.
Kittie heavenly6 09-07-2004 06:53 PM
Ok, fighting deleted please take it to PMs.
X Prime 09-07-2004 07:03 PM
Thanks. Anyhow, as an idea of how a 'Big Venus Inverted' style would look, I took a screen and used the (surprise) Invert function in Photoshop, as I used univerted Big V colors. Observe... It actually looks... OK, if I were to change the white inbetween lines to a darker color I imagine.
evanASF27 09-07-2004 07:27 PM
X Prime, the Big Fau one is neat, however I was expecting a brighter color. It seems grey, Big Fau is more of an ivory. Also add in a bit of red stiping somewhere.

Oh and with the Big O skin...very nice indeed. Though personally I would have made it a bit more redish than orange.
X Prime 09-07-2004 07:32 PM
I had a brighter color earlier... Doing it would make Fau totally blinding, trust me when I tell you. FP saw the original, brighter style. It was almost painful. Also, I have red on there. The radio buttons and check boxes are red, like the gems on Fau's fez hat.

As for Big O... Do you mean the banner? Fenix based it off a wallpaper here on PCF... I forget which.
evanASF27 09-07-2004 07:37 PM
What I meant by more red is this.
*see attachment*
X Prime 09-07-2004 07:40 PM
Ah yes... That thing was tough to get decent, lemme tell you. Anyhow, it appears that Big O's Chromebuster crown looks slightly different depending on the picture... Plus, it's more blatantly red in Season 2, more orangey-pink in Season 1, and I was using only Season 1 colors as Season 2 colors Big O came up with a disturbingly bad looking style if I recall right... I'll see what I can do though, but as of now that was drawn from the color of the crown. Mixing and matching Season 1 body colors and 2 crown colors turned up, er... less than adequate.

EDIT: I think this is the picture I used for those colors...

http://www.paradigm-city.com/images/ep02/bigo5.jpg
Big Money 09-07-2004 08:04 PM
I didn't post this... But the BDI one suckered me into joining those forums...

Very nice work. The Venus banner is top notch as well...