[Suggestion] Thought I'd throw in this Big Duo Inferno style as an offering.

X Prime 09-07-2004 08:05 PM
Again, I didn't make the Venus banner... Creation Edge did. I'll relay the compliments to him though.

Fenix made the BDI banner... Volt knows him.

Just to illustrate a point to evan, I had CreationEdge do a gradient using the season 2 crown as shown in this pic: http://www.paradigm-city.com/images/ep17/BigO2.jpg

Now, look at the Big O style again to see the difference... The reddish crown just doesn't go with Season 1 body colors, heh.

http://www.seraphicradiance.net/BB/index.php?sid=&styleid=57

Anyhow... if you want any of these Krang (sans banner, as I imagine you'd want your own anyway, but you can ask for that too as they use PC images after all), just ask. Though if you want Big O I'll fix it first, heh.
Almasy 09-08-2004 12:03 AM
Great work, X Prime! ^__^

Suggestion: I really like the Big Fau one, but if you could add a tiny bit of pinkish/reddish color somewhere (to match the stripes and whatnot on Fau) I think it would make it look slightly more Fau-ish!

Again, great job! Smile
evanASF27 09-08-2004 12:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy

Suggestion: I really like the Big Fau one, but if you could add a tiny bit of pinkish/reddish color somewhere (to match the stripes and whatnot on Fau) I think it would make it look slightly more Fau-ish!

Again, great job! Smile

Alex that's exactly what I had suggested earlier in this thread. We've been there and done that.
Almasy 09-08-2004 12:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:

Again, great job! Smile

Alex that's exactly what I had suggested earlier in this thread. We've been there and done that.

First of all, I have never given you permission to use my real name on the forums, and I demand that you discontinue to call me by it immediately. If you want, you may refer to me as Almasy.

Second, I'm really not interested in what you posted beforehand. I wanted to post here to express to X Prime that I think he did an excellent job with these Forum Skins, and at the same time wanted to add some "meat" to my post, so I made a suggestion. Stop following me around, Evan...espescially considering all you're looking for is trouble. I'm really not interested. Roll Eyes

The lack of respect that you show for moderators/staff members is appauling.

Once again, X Prime, I think you did a great job with these skins. It's nice to be able to switch around the skins occasionally. ^__^
evanASF27 09-08-2004 12:55 AM
BRAVO you've shown me for what I truely am.A guy who hates all moderators and wants to disrespect you by calling you by your proper name. However did I fool you, FP, R.Smith, Stryder (Eos), GK, Nein, Krang and Shredder for this long????

Wow and to think I cannot at all state that we've already covered something. If I remember correctly you merged a thread of mine in the speakeasy with a thread that hadn't been seen or posted in for 6 months. I mean what WAS I thinking?!

ALMASY, you have shown me the error of my ways I shall never again talk to a mod or post saying something has been discussed before (leave that to Zopwx2).
X Prime 09-08-2004 01:15 AM
While I thank you for the compliment Almasy, Evan is actually right... Red is already there. Fau uses it as a sort of accessory color, to emulate that the radio buttons and checkboxes are the shade of red you can find on his fez gems or his arm gems.

The problem if you can't see it is that textarea, checkbox, and radio alterations are not standardized throughout browsers... The specs on altering forms (which the aforementioned are a part of) leaves it up to the browser. IE and Opera render the red, I don't think Mozilla does; maybe there's an option I missed.
Krang 09-08-2004 01:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
May want to add underlines... I personally didn't bother as I hate the fact that there's no easy way to make said underlines match up with link color consistently.

Yeah, I'll see what it looks like with underlines and decide whether or not to change it.

Edit: Ok, I added underlines for the links. I personally like it a little better because it's easier to tell links from normal text at a glance, but for those of you using the style, what do you think?

quote:
You can take my BDI banner if you like, but I'm afraid it may look too bulky here if not enclosed in a table like I have it.

Thanks, I made a smaller version of it (386x60) and plan to put it up as the banner for that style.

quote:
Also, you may want to change the cellspacing of quote and attachment boxes... The WBB authors kind of screwed up by making the BBCode for them fixed spacing when it's perfectly possible for the normal style variables to work. It doesn't look good on BDI because I use a border trick to give it a sort of 3Dish table effect.

Actually, I looked at it with and without the cellspacing modification, and I think it looks fine either way (at least it does using Mozilla, I haven't tried the other browsers yet), so I think I'll leave it the way it is for now.

quote:
Anyhow... if you want any of these Krang (sans banner, as I imagine you'd want your own anyway, but you can ask for that too as they use PC images after all), just ask. Though if you want Big O I'll fix it first, heh.

Thanks! I'll need to hear some opinions first before making a decision, though, so which of those styles would everyone be interested in using?

quote:
Second, I'm really not interested in what you posted beforehand. I wanted to post here to express to X Prime that I think he did an excellent job with these Forum Skins, and at the same time wanted to add some "meat" to my post, so I made a suggestion. Stop following me around, Evan...espescially considering all you're looking for is trouble. I'm really not interested. Roll Eyes

There has already been more than enough arguing in this thread, so please stop. If nobody was interested in what people posted before them, we would have the same things repeated over and over, so that's not the right attitude to have when posting on a forum.

quote:
The lack of respect that you show for moderators/staff members is appauling.

The Forum Rules ask that people respect all other members, not just mods. I found your post to be much more rude than Evan's, so I'd say you're the one who needs to work on respecting others, which is embarassing for me to have to say to a moderator. Now let's please get back on topic.
X Prime 09-08-2004 02:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
May want to add underlines... I personally didn't bother as I hate the fact that there's no easy way to make said underlines match up with link color consistently.

Yeah, I'll see what it looks like with underlines and decide whether or not to change it.

Edit: Ok, I added underlines for the links. I personally like it a little better because it's easier to tell links from normal text at a glance, but for those of you using the style, what do you think?

quote:
You can take my BDI banner if you like, but I'm afraid it may look too bulky here if not enclosed in a table like I have it.

Thanks, I made a smaller version of it (386x60) and plan to put it up as the banner for that style.

quote:
Also, you may want to change the cellspacing of quote and attachment boxes... The WBB authors kind of screwed up by making the BBCode for them fixed spacing when it's perfectly possible for the normal style variables to work. It doesn't look good on BDI because I use a border trick to give it a sort of 3Dish table effect.

Actually, I looked at it with and without the cellspacing modification, and I think it looks fine either way (at least it does using Mozilla, I haven't tried the other browsers yet), so I think I'll leave it the way it is for now.

It looks that way in all browsers I know of, I simply imagined that nobody likes what's essentially a double black border. Heh.
Krang 09-08-2004 03:31 AM
quote:
It looks that way in all browsers I know of, I simply imagined that nobody likes what's essentially a double black border. Heh.

Well I agree that it doesn't look as good as it does when the cellspacing is modified, but I think it's a huge waste to create an entirely new template set just to change one number. And since 99.84% of the members are using either the Paradigm style or the Standard style, it makes it an even huger waste...
X Prime 09-08-2004 04:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Well I agree that it doesn't look as good as it does when the cellspacing is modified, but I think it's a huge waste to create an entirely new template set just to change one number. And since 99.84% of the members are using either the Paradigm style or the Standard style, it makes it an even huger waste...

*Scratches head* Changing the cellspacing to {$style['tableincellspacing']} winds up fixing this while leaving all of your other styles as normal (I oughta know, I did it), provided you keep 'search and replace forum variables' on for the quote tag... Seeing as how Paradigm and Standard both use cellspacing 1 anyway, heh. It would have zero noticable effect on any style with cellspacing 1... Unless you're simply against changing the templates for any reason (in the case of thread_attachmentbit). *Shrug*

On a side note... You do know that if you change one template in a set, and the forum can't find the others, it'll turn around and use the defaults for ones it can't find without missing a beat, right? No offense meant, it just sounded like you didn't know (probably because there was no inclination to try it).
Krang 09-08-2004 10:18 PM
quote:
*Scratches head* Changing the cellspacing to {$style['tableincellspacing']} winds up fixing this while leaving all of your other styles as normal (I oughta know, I did it), provided you keep 'search and replace forum variables' on for the quote tag... Seeing as how Paradigm and Standard both use cellspacing 1 anyway, heh. It would have zero noticable effect on any style with cellspacing 1... Unless you're simply against changing the templates for any reason (in the case of thread_attachmentbit). *Shrug*

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the whole suggestion. I thought you meant to change the cellspacing to a fixed value of 0 rather than using forum variables. But you're right, I changed it to {$style['tableincellspacing']} and it works fine for all 3 styles (I changed the spoiler code also since it is partially copied from the quote code). And no, I have no problem with changing templates, otherwise I wouldn't have included the stats addons that I made. Smile

quote:
On a side note... You do know that if you change one template in a set, and the forum can't find the others, it'll turn around and use the defaults for ones it can't find without missing a beat, right? No offense meant, it just sounded like you didn't know (probably because there was no inclination to try it).

Actually, I haven't tried that (I only assumed that it would copy over all the templates if a new set was created). Thanks for the tip.
X Prime 09-08-2004 10:23 PM
It's actually quite an odd screwup by the WBB authors... Assuming it is a screwup. It's one of the few odd fixed styling settings they've used that make no sense.

Also of note, the ratings tables/table cells in a member's profile have fixed cellspacing of 1 too.
Krang 09-08-2004 10:33 PM
quote:
It's actually quite an odd screwup by the WBB authors... Assuming it is a screwup. It's one of the few odd fixed styling settings they've used that make no sense.

Yeah, it's especially strange considering that they used the style variables for the cellspacing on nearly every other table... I guess they just overlooked it.

quote:
Also of note, the ratings tables/table cells in a member's profile have fixed cellspacing of 1 too.

Thanks, I fixed that and the userlevel which has a fixed cellspacing also.
X Prime 09-08-2004 10:50 PM
Yay, now they all look pretty! Heh.

The WBB guys do use tasteful fixed values though... Like the cellpadding 1 on ratings and userlevel. It looks terrible without it or if raised.