The Personality Of Avatars And SignaturePics

JAYCZero 09-05-2004 02:38 PM
Alright I just had to ask this question I don't mean to sound like
Nut lol I just had an strong urge to develop this thread so here goes .But don't you People ever get that feeling that when
you are posting replies on threads along with other members
and look at the Avatars or Sigpics you kind of feel that you are
talking to the Cartoon Character depends if it's Anime Characters
or could be a Character or someone from the Movie. It's a Crazy
feeling but just feel free to post you comments on this.
Come on..Don't be Shy Wink !
Asirt 09-05-2004 02:42 PM
Not really. I think they are there only to show our personality, or to show what characters we like. Although I can see why you would think that. Wink

By the way, I think this thread would be better in the JFK Mark Airport...
Neko 09-05-2004 02:51 PM
Well, you'd be talking to a beaten up Roger and a melancholy Spike. Tongue I agree with Trisa, though. Like I wouldn't look at your avatar and think, "I'm talkin' to Cloud." But I might think that you share some similar traits with Cloud or merely that you think he's cool.
evanASF27 09-05-2004 03:00 PM
That's happened to me some times...it's really cool Big Grin
Hienrich Ele 09-05-2004 03:02 PM
Well, I don't look at avatars and think I am talking to them, but rather their personalities. I hope people do the same to me.

My cowbell avatar is completely random. Who in the world would put up a repeating image of a man hitting a cowbell. (well, SNL and the guy who made the picture).

That tends to be my personality. As soon as I find an image that refelct my randomness nature and that surpasses my current one, then it shall be mine.
JAYCZero 09-05-2004 03:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Neko
Well, you'd be talking to a beaten up Roger and a melancholy Spike. Tongue I agree with Trisa, though. Like I wouldn't look at your avatar and think, "I'm talkin' to Cloud." But I might think that you share some similar traits with Cloud or merely that you think he's cool.

LOL! Yeah that was Hilarious Neko.. A Beaten Up Roger and
a Melancholy Spike Lol..Well yeah I also mean that too ,
I mean you have the Avatar of your Favorite Character and
share some similariteis and talents.

Naa but that would be impossible and out of proportion to think
that if I see an Avatar and Think I'm talking to the Cartoon
Character although it sounds funny but that's not what I meant
,what I meant was that you ever get that kind of feeling ,
because the Character represents each member.
It's kind of having a poster in your room

Lol Evan isn't that something ! well I guess I'm not alone..
BUT I DON'T THINK I'M TALKING TO AN AVATAR!...Ok I guess
that somes it up, yeah and Henrich I'm curious that Avatar
is Will Ferril from Old School right , I thought I was speaking to him
the Whole time ! lol only kiddin.
Asirt 09-05-2004 03:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27

Really? Well, I guess it's nice to know that images can represent a part of ourselves. I just hope some people don't take too far. Regardless, I haven't had that happen to me, so I guess I won't know that feeling. Smile
evanASF27 09-05-2004 03:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa
quote:

That's kind of wierd they would think that. Roll Eyes So if that were true, everyone would be talking to Osaka instead of Trisa (the girl in my avatar), and also, the eyes really would be watching you. That's kind of scary, but also very funny. Big Grin

Later,
Trisa

Actually I meant it was me that thought I was partly talking to the avatars....>_<
Darkside 09-05-2004 03:28 PM
I get that feeling sometimes to. Like in evan's case I feel like I'm talking to either Zeingata or the Pink Panther (his current avatar if I'm correct). Its a weird feeling
evanASF27 09-05-2004 03:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
I get that feeling sometimes to. Like in evan's case I feel like I'm talking to either Zeingata or the Pink Panther (his current avatar if I'm correct). Its a weird feeling

This is CHEIF Inspector Clouseau...talking on the pheaun.
Exhale Saga 09-05-2004 03:30 PM
When I'm at a forum I look at their avater (Not the signuture.) and if the character's (If there is one at all.) gender is female then I assume I'm chatting with a girl. And if the avy is something like Hellsing I jump to conclusions that they're a very serious, mellow person. However, the opsoite if they have something like Megatokyo. Yes, I know it's judging, but... Whatever.

quote:
That's kind of wierd they would think that. Roll Eyes So if that were true, everyone would be talking to Osaka instead of Trisa (the girl in my avatar), and also, the eyes really would be watching you. That's kind of scary, but also very funny. Big Grin

Later,
Trisa

Yeah, I always through you were a girl, Trisa. 'Til I checked your profile.

And, by the way... If anybody at these forums thinks I'm a dog, well, then... Run don't walk to your nearest hospital!

See ya,
Exhale Saga.
Neko 09-05-2004 04:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero

Ah, I see what you're saying now. XD Yeah, I start to recognize and identify people by their avatars.

quote:

-Eye twitches- </dreyfus> Tongue
evanASF27 09-05-2004 04:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero

Yes indeed. It's kinda like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Neko
quote:

-Eye twitches- </dreyfus> Tongue

If you think that is somezing...check THIS out. [link!!]
JAYCZero 09-05-2004 04:29 PM
Well Lol Neko I'm glad that you get what I'm saying
Green_Bird 09-05-2004 06:19 PM
Yeah...I kind of get that feeling....I identfy that person's personalty or that person by their avatars....Sometimes....but not all the time....ya know? But other times I don't. But other times....if it's like from a show I know....when I read the post I kind of hear that voice in my head Shocked ....Yeah I know i'm crazy. I really don't do that with sig pics though....only avatars....

But then there's the fact that some people just have their favorite characters up. So Those I just like posters in a room to me.

But the reason I chose Sanzo.....
1. I joke about being the female Sanzo alot...really....DO NOT annoy me....I mean it! And then there's my friend's little brother that was attached to me for the days that we went to visit...I was really annoyed then....he kept wanting to play with me....
2. I like Saiyuki....
3. There's really not enugh room in a 100x100 avatar to fit everyone in there.
4. Favorite character....
Neko 09-05-2004 07:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
But other times....if it's like from a show I know....when I read the post I kind of hear that voice in my head Shocked ....Yeah I know i'm crazy.

Heh, yeah, that happens to me too. On a somewhat related note, when I see people with an avatar that I recognize, I tend to act a bit more talkative/friendly with them. I was at a band forum the other day and I saw someone with a Cowboy Bebop avatar/sig and I immediately brought up how I had been listening to a CB song.

quote:
If you think that is somezing...check THIS out. [link!!]

The Clouseau Effect. Big Grin That is incredible.

Megadreyfus after sustaining a few turns of the Big Clouseau's final attack:

Asirt 09-05-2004 07:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Exhale Saga
Yeah, I always through you were a girl, Trisa. 'Til I checked your profile.

Some people made that mistake when I first joined Paradigm. In fact, a few members still do to this day, but it's nothing that is of concern to me. Anyway, I believe it was the avatar and the name "Trisa" that triggered the gender confusion. However, you shouldn't judge people by their avatar and their sig. Who knows, maybe the person is different than what he/she has for an avatar. Wink

quote:
When I see people with an avatar that I recognize, I tend to act a bit more talkative/friendly with them. I was at a band forum the other day and I saw someone with a Cowboy Bebop avatar/sig and I immediately brought up how I had been listening to a CB song.

I guess it's because that person has the same interests as yourself. However, the person who doesn't have an avatar that people recognize, can also have the same interests. As the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Big Grin

Now I sound old. Laughing
Neko 09-05-2004 07:42 PM
quote:
I guess it's because that person has the same interests as yourself. However, the person who doesn't have an avatar that people recognize, can also have the same interests. As the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Big Grin

Now I sound old. Laughing

Later,
Trisa

Laughing It's true though (er, that assumptions aren't always accurate, not that you're old Tongue ). Heh, yeah, or "Don't judge a book by what its cover lacks." I think we're starting to get deep and philosophical now. XD
Darkside 09-05-2004 07:57 PM
with all this talk about avatrs and sigs and emotions and such, maybe we should have a thread were people try to guess your personaliyoro emtions by what you have as a sig or avatar. Its just a suggestion I'm throwing out however.
JAYCZero 09-05-2004 09:25 PM
quote:
Originally Posted By Darkside with all this talk about avatrs and sigs and emotions and such, maybe we should have a thread were people try to guess your personaliyoro emtions by what you have as a sig or avatar. Its just a suggestion I'm throwing out however.

Good Idea ! lol that would be cool

quote:
Originally Posted By Greenbird Yeah...I kind of get that feeling....I identfy that person's personalty or that person by their avatars....Sometimes....but not all the time....ya know? But other times I don't. But other times....if it's like from a show I know....when I read the post I kind of hear that voice in my head ....Yeah I know i'm crazy. I really don't do that with sig pics though....only avatars....

Lol We Are all Krazy count me IN! I get what you mean Greenbird Laughing . I get that too sometimes. I'm Happy that I made this Thread Cool

quote:
Originally Posted By Neko Heh, yeah, that happens to me too. On a somewhat related note

Wait a Minute Hear ! You just told me that you didn't get that Laughing !
AHA! You Finally Admit It ! Come On You know you do ! Lol

quote:
Originally Posted By EvanASF27 Yes indeed. It's kinda like that

Man I'm Glad someone hear Understands ME !!way ta go Evans Big Grin !!
LMAO!!!Yo on the side note evan you make laugh so hard with that dude on your Avatar he looks familiar who is he ? and I'm laughing WITH not AT you. But I got's to be Honest when I saw that other
picture were you had that Detective guy with the Hat I thought it
was Actually you I got's to Admit on that.

And WOO HOO! I'm On 6 On DA POST BAYBEE !