The Personality Of Avatars And SignaturePics

Prons 09-06-2004 02:45 PM
Some times I get the feeling that a lot of PCF members picture me to have very long black hair and an eye that is rolled slightly downward.
Zopwx2 09-06-2004 03:08 PM
I guess since we usually don't have any other images to go on, the avatars subconciously become members faces.

Thats why its annoying when people change them alot, or even worse their user name.

Thats why I don't change my avatar that often.

People know me as the megadeus head.
Green_Bird 09-06-2004 06:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
I guess since we usually don't have any other images to go on, the avatars subconciously become members faces.

Thats why its annoying when people change them alot, or even worse their user name.

Thats why I don't change my avatar that often.

People know me as the megadeus head.

I just get lumped in there with the other "Who's that in your avatar?" people....Not alot of people know what (Gensomaden) Saiyuki is....Let alone Sanzo Roll Eyes ....Heck when I had that chibi avatar I got "Is that a girl?" for an anwser in the rate the avatar thread.....But that was kind of funny if you think about it.....

But yeah I agree with what you said about it's kind of anoying when people change their avatars alot...because you get a custom of seeing that avatar because they like had it for more then like a month (Like when the signed up) and then they just go and change it like that it kind of confuses you until you look at the name and then you come to know that person by that avatar...and then they go and change it on you again...It gets confuseing after awhile....

but then if they change their name as well as the avatar....then you start to think well whos that, that is until you look in their profile or the name change thread and then you remember.
JAYCZero 09-06-2004 06:57 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Greenbird and Zopwx2 , It's Hell
of alot Confusing to change your Avatar and Username at the same
time , then no one won't know who you are Confused ! And you are
absolutely right Zopwx2 that Avatars Subconciously become members.
That's what I been trying to say the whole time and you finally Hit
The Nail in the Doorknob Bro Cool
NukuNuko77 09-06-2004 07:05 PM
some might they're talking to an insane catgirl, but i think my avatar is more about repersenting my personality, but i try not to let people get confused by my avatar.
Tickle Tickle 09-06-2004 07:09 PM
When I see someone's avatar/icon I see their interests. Shoot, I hope no one thinks of my as a hand grabbing some guy's butt!
JAYCZero 09-06-2004 07:24 PM
Man I'm Speaking to the @$$Grabber Nice to meet ya ! How's it going
down there ? I'm only Kiddin Lol well this brings me back memories
when I was in Highschool Laughing , I was always in that Situation
were Girls from School use to Grab my Behind because I had
a Big Butt , but I guess Girls can be Pervert at times.

but anyway's that is a Hilarious Scene , What Anime is that ?
C.R Foxhound 09-10-2004 06:42 PM
Hmm

I dunno if anyone can discern my personality from my ava an my sigpic, well, you do get a taste for what i like

As for other ppl, i dunno, i mean, can u ever really tell?

Wolves and catgirls make the world go 'round
JAYCZero 09-11-2004 01:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
Hmm

I dunno if anyone can discern my personality from my ava an my sigpic, well, you do get a taste for what i like

As for other ppl, i dunno, i mean, can u ever really tell?

Wolves and catgirls make the world go 'round

Yeah I see what you mean C.R I agree lol .
When I first saw you online , I remmember the grave mistake I made
when I confused you for a female because of the Sigpic. You See what Sigpics
can do to members ?People !! You SEE!OOH THE MADNESS OF AVATARS !!!
Fujiko 09-11-2004 06:52 PM
I get that feeling sometimes too, and for some reason, more specifically with evan (looks at his avatar) Shocked
JAYCZero 09-11-2004 11:46 PM
Yeah I see what you mean Fujiko lol hey it can happen to anyone.
When I saw Evan as the Detective Avatar I actually thought that
it was him. But I'm unsure of that lol
Green_Bird 09-12-2004 01:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero

Then I guess you would be thinking I was a guy because of what I had in my sigs? Like 4 chibi's in a jeep (or in past sigs) Angel, Spike, Kiba Tsume hige & Toboe, Sanzo Goku Hakkai & Gojyo, Seres Victoria, and Gojyo & Hakkai Tongue ...I don't think that if you have the right pictures in you sig it won't be confuseing.....

Accualy eversince I came here I knew that C.R. was a guy because of the cat girls....But he had that Kiba avatar back then and I was just a little confused about that, I was wondering what that was from.....that was until I saw wolf's rain....
C.R Foxhound 09-12-2004 02:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:

Then I guess you would be thinking I was a guy because of what I had in my sigs? Like 4 chibi's in a jeep (or in past sigs) Angel, Spike, Kiba Tsume hige & Toboe, Sanzo Goku Hakkai & Gojyo, Seres Victoria, and Gojyo & Hakkai Tongue ...I don't think that if you have the right pictures in you sig it won't be confuseing.....

Accualy eversince I came here I knew that C.R. was a guy because of the cat girls....But he had that Kiba avatar back then and I was just a little confused about that, I was wondering what that was from.....that was until I saw wolf's rain....

How could anyone confuse me with a girl?

Me? as a girl? ugh, thats one ugly dog Frown

I was one of the peeps who thought Trisa was a chick too, but alas, no more!!!!
Kittie heavenly6 09-12-2004 02:20 AM
People STILL confuse me for a girl over at the technodrome...
JAYCZero 09-12-2004 01:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:

How could anyone confuse me with a girl?

Me? as a girl? ugh, thats one ugly dog Frown

LOL yeah. C.R it's normal , for someone to confuse you for a girl
because of the Avatar , I mean hey it Happens ! maybe those are
people who are new members of this forum such as myself but
not now I been around so I know now. But it's Cool C.R you Actually
became a self made Icon , cause everyone in this forum knows you
and Automatically refers to a Catgirl you'll be the First name on the
Top of their Popularity List. So way Ta Go C.R Thumbs Up I give you
Props Man !

And Greenbird well , I haven't seen you when I was new here
but now , I wouldn't confuse you for a man now Tongue would I ?
lol But fo Real ! you sure changed your Avatars alot though
so sometimes it could be confusing
Asirt 09-12-2004 02:44 PM
quote:

You're not the only one, as I mentioned earlier. Don't worry too much about it, though.

It's amazing what people think of other people just from looking at his/her avatar or banner. In example, some people thought I was a girl because of my avatars (and some because of my username). At least they know now that I am really a guy. Big Grin
Darkside 09-12-2004 03:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa
quote:

Hehe. You're not the only one, as I mentioned earlier. Although, I think I will continue using Osaka as my avatar for a long time (I changed mine a few days ago, but it's still her Wink )

It's amazing what people think of other people just from looking at his/her avatar or sig. I mean, a lot of people thought I was a girl because of my avatars. At least they know now that I am really a guy. Big Grin

Later,
Trisa

In my case it was your usernam that confused the hell out of me, your avatar just confused me even more. And I alays wonder what people thnk of when they reply to me, from my qoutes to avatrs to sigs, I wonder if I give mixed messages Confused
JAYCZero 10-02-2004 12:55 PM
"Transformers Robots In Disguise!" LOL only kidding ,well
becareful someone could confuse you for a Transformer
Spooky 10-02-2004 11:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
People STILL confuse me for a girl over at the technodrome...

Wait a sec...you mean you're a boy? Oh no... Tongue

I think I tend to associate people with their avatars if I don't know them on a personal level...and it can get confusing trying to assign a sex sometimes! However, once I know a person's real name, then I think of them along the lines of their real name (unless you have a name which is more commonly considered a name fit for the opposite sex...like mine!)

Wait...did any of this make sense? Oh nevermind...I've had more than my daily allowance of Benadryl today!

Latah Wink
Token
Darkside 10-03-2004 12:06 AM
quote:
"Transformers Robots In Disguise!" LOL only kidding ,well
becareful someone could confuse you for a Transformer

Can you imagine Megatron hunched over a computer ith a little bobblehead of Starscream on the monitor and a poster of Arcee on the wall!