campkillyourself

Kittie heavenly6 09-04-2004 02:53 AM
any other cKy fans around here? I know there's a few.
my favorite songs by them are "96 Quite Bitter Beings", "Flesh in to Gear", "Shock and Terror", "Shippensberg", "Attached at the hip" "Promiscuous Daughter" "Escape From Hellview". actually I like all of their songs, which is very rare.

For those who haven't heard of them, they are hard to describe. heavy rock, with very good vocals. I highly recomend their second album "Infiltrate-Destroy-Rebuild"
Prons 09-04-2004 03:14 AM
I heard a song from them that I really liked, but this was like two years ago, tehy used to frequently play it on the radio, it was from the Infilitrate-Destroy-Rebuild album, I need to look into them some time, sense I am a heavy metal junkie.
Travis Bickle 09-04-2004 03:22 AM
I've been a CKY fan since the begining. 96 Quite Bitter Beings is also my favorite song, and I saw them in concert 2 years ago. I hope the new album kicks as much ass as the previous one.
Kittie heavenly6 09-04-2004 03:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Prons
I heard a song from them that I really liked, but this was like two years ago, tehy used to frequently play it on the radio, it was from the Infilitrate-Destroy-Rebuild album, I need to look into them some time, sense I am a heavy metal junkie.

Probably "Flesh in to Gear". or "Attached at the hip". those two were kinda popular-ish at one point a few years ago.

quote:
I've been a CKY fan since the begining. 96 Quite Bitter Beings is also my favorite song, and I saw them in concert 2 years ago. I hope the new album kicks as much ass as the previous one.

96 QUite bitter beings is probably my absolute favorite of theirs. we tend to drive down the street and blare it while screaming the lyrics back at the radio. awesome stuff. and yeah they're new album I'll bet is amazing. they tend to get better with every new album.
Travis Bickle 07-25-2005 02:03 AM
It has dawned on me...

...that "An Answer Can Be Found"...

...is the worst rock album I've heard all year (so far)...

Sooooooooo bad...

It makes me sad, since I used to be a huge fan. Now they're just suCKY.
Kairi 07-28-2005 11:13 PM
Triple Manic State is sweet.

The rest of An Answer Can Be Found, ehh.
Travis Bickle 07-29-2005 01:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nein
Triple Manic State is sweet.

The rest of An Answer Can Be Found, ehh.

Meh...the entire album is way-too bass heavy.

It's like they took all of the mediocre tracks on I.D.R., made them sh**ty, and made an album out of them.

Tripled Manic State is just...generic.
Kittie heavenly6 08-01-2005 01:10 AM
I've yet to check the new album out, Im thinking after the reviews I've heard from other CKY fans, I may just download it first to make sure it's worth the Cash. I'll be really dissapointed in it if I don't like it though.
dominusofdeath 08-01-2005 01:14 AM
My question. How can you not like CKY?
Travis Bickle 08-01-2005 01:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
I've yet to check the new album out, Im thinking after the reviews I've heard from other CKY fans, I may just download it first to make sure it's worth the Cash. I'll be really dissapointed in it if I don't like it though.

You could do what I did: Buy it for less than 10 cents a song on some russian MP3 download site. It's legal in Russia and parts of the UK, so it should be legal in the US, right? You might want to look into it. It costs 20 bucks, but divide that by 10 cents, and you have 200+ songs (they give discounts on full albums). I won't link since I don't know if it's against the rules on here, but you might want to look into it. Very interesting.

HIM has an album out in September. I wonder how that will turn out, since they've gotten really popular in the US within the past few years (one out of every ten kids owns a heartagram shirt, or some crazy statistic that I've heard). It would be really cool if they just stay the same.

It's sad to see all these really good bands selling out and making sh**ty albums. There's nothing I really look forward to later on in the year except a possible new Tool album, which probobly won't come out for another year. And Ted Leo is also recording something, which should be interesting.

Though I will tell you what is worth the cash, GK: The Mars Volta's De-Loused in the Comatorium Happy
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
My question. How can you not like CKY?

CKY is awesome. The new album is not. Just listen to it.