Why are so many people starting to turn on 50 Cent????

NightRanger 09-03-2004 10:13 PM
50 Cent is one of the greatest rappers of the moment, and he will go on, and lately, he's been getting dissed. What's up? I bet these people are just jealous, because 50 is really talented.
Dude Love 09-03-2004 10:16 PM
Or, perhaps people are stopping to like him. You can't always assume ulterior motives of people.
Kittie heavenly6 09-03-2004 10:18 PM
I think it may be a backlash may be because MTV SHOVED 50 down people's throats. Kinda like what happened to Limp Bizkit. everyone loved them then we got force fed them untill alot of people just didnt care anymore.

But who knows really.
NightRanger 09-03-2004 10:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
I think it may be a backlash may be because MTV SHOVED 50 down people's throats. Kinda like what happened to Limp Bizkit. everyone loved them then we got force fed them untill alot of people just didnt care anymore.

But who knows really.

I still like Limp Bizkit....sort of....
Kittie heavenly6 09-03-2004 10:24 PM
Yeah getting off the 50 topic for a sec, I'm not totally against Limpbizkit like alot of people. I Did get really sick of them, but I still really like their first two albums, and the third had some good stuff on it. Haven't checked out the newest disc yet, but one of the B-Sides (A track called "Crack addict" That they played at WWE Wrestlemania 19) Was really good.

Sorry about the slight off topicness Laughing
LANIMILBUS 09-03-2004 11:10 PM
his voice bothers me and he doesn't seem fond of melody.
I'm not a fan of his friend Eminem either, or any other rappers for that matter.
Zopwx2 09-04-2004 01:50 AM
I think its becuase he was never good to begin with, but everyone was to afraid to say so.

I have this theory that all rap nowadays is made by old white people who think that if they put any rhyming black guy in baggy clothes and give him an expensive car, he is a rapper.
BethMcBeth 09-04-2004 02:01 AM
...I have no clue... why hes getting dissed..
Travis Bickle 09-04-2004 02:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by NightRanger
50 Cent is one of the greatest rappers of the moment, and he will go on, and lately, he's been getting dissed. What's up? I bet these people are just jealous, because 50 is really talented.

Maybe because people finally woke up and realized that he's just like every other (c)rapper out there?
Hienrich Ele 09-04-2004 12:16 PM
Was he the one who got booed off of the stage?

I sort of felt sorry for him, but I couldn't help but to chuckle when I heard about it.

Though I read he threw stuff back at the audience, so I don't feel too bad for him.
¡SpoonySthingyy! 09-04-2004 12:56 PM
I'm just over the rap.

Lately all I hear on the radio or on MTV or anything is rap, rap, rap, rap, rap, rap.

I used to like it, and I still have a respect for it, but it's just soooooo overplayed. There must be a million rappers out there!!!!!!

(Limp Bizkit rawks!) lol. I dont watch a lot of mtv so, I dont have time to get sick of it!
JAYCZero 09-04-2004 01:07 PM
HELL YEAH !!! Nothing to it ¡SpoonySthingyy! ! RAP Is The #1
Genre in The Universe of Music right now ! and I live in Brooklyn
and that's the Only song that people listen to , every new rap
song that comes out they immediately play on the Stereo and on
the Radio. Rap and R&B has dominated the Music Genre by Storm.

But anyway's I'm curious , I'm shocked to hear that everyone
is beginning to dislike 50 right now , I mean everybody loves him
and everybody play's his songs on the Radio he's a Huge
Phenomenon he comes close to Tupac , and he is part of 2pac's
Legacy. I mean don't tell me he's gonna go down like MC Hammer!??
I Be Damned !
NightRanger 09-04-2004 02:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero
But anyway's I'm curious , I'm shocked to hear that everyone
is beginning to dislike 50 right now , I mean everybody loves him
and everybody play's his songs on the Radio he's a Huge
Phenomenon he comes close to Tupac , and he is part of 2pac's
Legacy. I mean don't tell me he's gonna go down like MC Hammer!??
I Be Damned !

I agree with you, JAYC.
JAYCZero 09-05-2004 10:01 PM
Thanks Bro ! but I mean were did you find out about this ? were
50 was getting Dissed ?I got's ta Know !
NightRanger 09-05-2004 11:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JAYCZero
Thanks Bro ! but I mean were did you find out about this ? were
50 was getting Dissed ?I got's ta Know !

Nothing, I just was judging my opinion on what people have been saying about him recently.
JAYCZero 09-05-2004 11:15 PM
Oh Ok , I just haven't found that out on MTV yet
Big Money 09-06-2004 11:18 AM
Meh, methinks he initially got respect for being shot abunch, and that has worn off...

I personally kind of like 50 cent... He did get rid of Ja Rule, who was teh suck...
Nine Kuze 11-04-2005 01:32 PM
Actually, there are many reasons why people have been turning on 50 Cent lately.

One is is that he's not really that good. The only reason why Get Rich Or Die Tryin' went platinum and got so many good review was because of the hype of 50 Cent, not the actual music. Before 50 made Get Rich, he's been selling coke, running around with gangs, and getting pumped up with chrome (getting shot) and the higher-ups thought that was really marketable and it was. But not long after, people started to listen to 50 and the truth came out and the stuff hit the fan.

50 Cent is not that good. I mean, he's better that about 90% of the crap that's running call themselves rappers but still he's not really that good. Hell, he's not even the best on G-Unit (Lloyd Banks is) so people started to notice that.

Also, like some of the others have said, 50 Cent is being shaved into the people's faces and he's being over marketed like you know what. Everywhere you look, he's on TV, magazines, all sorts of advertisements, and now (sadly) movies. And the radio does NOTHING but play him and G-Unit's songs all day long. I can't believe people actually bought some of their albums because you can hear the whole thing on the radio.

Me personally, I got tired of 50 Cent when I realized that all the rappers (except Jay-Z, Nas, and a couple of notables) suck and rapped (or at least tried to) rap about the same thing. And also, after Get Rich, 50 Cent has gone downhill so damn fast that it isn't even funny. Just listen to The Massacre...

WAIT! Don't listen to The Massacre! That's the only warning I'm going to give you. Please, I'm begging you! DON'T LISTEN TO THE MASSACRE!!
Peace.
David Ryder 11-06-2005 05:19 PM
well the the reason's I don't like "Fiddy" as he's called lol.

1. I don't like rap and yes that shock's people. Confused
2. I don't feel like listining to him go on and on about how "gangsta" he is.
3. listen to dumb ass lyrics like "Chef boyarfiddy" Laughing Laughing
4. channels like MTV forces this rap crap down our throat's all the time. If I want good rap I'll listen to del the funky homosapian or something.

As for my order give me a main course of Death Metal with punk and hardcore as side dishes....dawg.
Mike 11-06-2005 06:46 PM
I never liked 50 cent. Seems like a lot of people didn't, either.

Plus, he shows kids that the path to success and fame is to deal drugs and get shot. Great.