*Miserlou plays*... Pulp Fiction!

Mugiwara Luffy 08-29-2004 10:58 PM
Well well well how bout this movie? I saw it on Bravo today and thought it was totally cool! Personally I didn't like it as much as Mr. Tarantino's other movies but it was still good! I must admit I am still a bit confused about it so I will have to watch it again.

So what do you all think of this great movie?
Seraphim 08-29-2004 11:02 PM
This is probably my second favorite movie of all time. Absolutely fantastic plot, characters, etc.
Hienrich Ele 08-29-2004 11:16 PM
God, there are so many great quotes from this movie, though most of them contain expletives.

I loved it. My favorite part is... and I present it in "Spoiler Vision"

spoiler (highlight to read):
The end where Jules stops the two robbers

Just like the way he does it.

"We're gonna be like three Fanzis... What's Fanzi like, Ylonda?"

"..."

"WHAT IS FANZI LIKE!?"

"...Cool?"

"Correctomundo!"

I probably spelled Fanzi wrong...

EDIT: Thank you, Wienberg!
Zopwx2 08-30-2004 02:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
Well well well how bout this movie? I saw it on Bravo today and thought it was totally cool! Personally I didn't like it as much as Mr. Tarantino's other movies but it was still good! I must admit I am still a bit confused about it so I will have to watch it again.

wierd I saw it on bravo too..... But I was extremely pissed becuase my brother who has seen it says they cut out like 30 minutes or somthing.

Also swear words were dubbed over, scenes were cropped so you didn't know what was going on, and the commercials ruined the flow of the movie.

Otherwise it was pretty awesome, I would have loved it even more if so many parodies and references hadn't already spoiled the movie.

quote:

Me too, another hilaroius part was when:

Butch was driving away from his apartment, then randomly at a stop light Marcellus Wallace is standing their with his box of donoughts mouthing "what the f***" and he steps on the gas..... so random
Sharpshooter005 09-01-2004 01:13 AM
"Well allow me to retort".

Yeah, great movie.

quote:
Also swear words were dubbed over

"Is there a sign outside saying 'dead negro storage'?"

(I forget exactly how they edited it, but..yeah.)

Nothing is as bad as the big lebowski though.

"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, WHEN YOU FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS".

....WOW.
Nyarlathotep 09-03-2004 05:19 PM
Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
"Well allow me to retort".

Yeah, great movie.

quote:
Also swear words were dubbed over

"Is there a sign outside saying 'dead negro storage'?"

(I forget exactly how they edited it, but..yeah.)

Nothing is as bad as the big lebowski though.

"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, WHEN YOU FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS".

....WOW.

Oh man, I watched Big Lebowski on TBS and they cut out whole scenes towards the end.

As for Pulp Fiction, it's awesome. I own the special edition DVD.
Travis Bickle 09-04-2004 02:39 AM
Pulp Fiction is probobly one of my favorite movies of all time. There are so many quotes from this movie that I love and have memorized, but they're too profane to post Smile .
Zopwx2 09-07-2004 04:05 AM
quote:
Travolta Forecasts 'Pulp Fiction' Prequel

John Travolta has disclosed that Quentin Tarantino is considering a prequel of his 1994 film Pulp Fiction. In an interview appearing in the Italian newspaper La Repubblica Friday, Travolta, who is attending the Venice Film Festival to promote A Love Song for Bobby Long, remarked that Tarantino calls him every six months to discuss the prequel, in which he would again star as hitman Vincent Vega. "The problem is that we worked together in tight times," he told the newspaper. "Now he makes films for millions of dollars. I don't know if I'd still be OK for him."

http://imdb.com/news/sb/#3
JAYCZero 09-11-2004 03:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith

wierd I saw it on bravo too..... But I was extremely pissed becuase my brother who has seen it says they cut out like 30 minutes or somthing.

Also swear words were dubbed over, scenes were cropped so you didn't know what was going on, and the commercials ruined the flow of the movie.

Otherwise it was pretty awesome, I would have loved it even more if so many parodies and references hadn't already spoiled the movie.

quote:

Me too, another hilaroius part was when:

Butch was driving away from his apartment, then randomly at a stop light Marcellus Wallace is standing their with his box of donoughts mouthing "what the f***" and he steps on the gas..... so random

Yeah that part had me dying laughing , I mean
Bruce Willis went Grand Theft Auto Vice City on his Ass LOL!

and another part that made me laugh when Samuel L Jackson
Was Inside the apartment , and said ,"Do they speak English in what !" and "Does Marcelis look like a B**** !? " it was more funny lines than that but I forgot , the whole scene was mad funny ,and especially the part were Marcelis Wallace was tied up and he was screaming like a Sissy LMAO!!

Pulp Fiction is one of my Favorite Movies and it's Hardcore
Wazpy 09-16-2004 08:09 AM
Samuel L. Jackson's lines made that movie. He was just too cool. I drew a picture of him on my door at my dorm and have him saying "Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfu**er, motherfu**er! "

(See how polite I am... 2 stars! Now little kids won't know what it means)
Travis Bickle 08-01-2005 01:29 AM
After seeing it again this weekend, it has dawned on me that I have the entire movie memorized.

Sad? Maybe. But kick ass? Hell yes.

Now to learn how to give good foot massages...
StevieV019 08-01-2005 08:28 AM
quote:
Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfu**er, motherfu**er! "

I have that whole monologue memorized from Samuel L. Jackson...greatness. He's definitely, "Superfly TNT"...thats for sure.

Pulp Fiction is great...classic theater at its best.
Sharpshooter005 08-01-2005 10:15 AM
quote:
they cut out whole scenes towards the end.

If I remember, theres one version where "The Jesus" is cut. The ENTIRE SCENE with that character is just cut totally, including the exposition from Walter.

I also believe, inexplicably, the last bit where Lebowski explains the entire scheme surrounding the kidnapping is just dropped totally. But I can't remember.

Fun fact: The guy who plays Marvin (the one who Vincent
accidentally shoots in the head
) also did the voice of Vamp in Metal Gear Solid 2, the voice of Hermes on Futrama, and was unfotunately on six seasons of Mad TV.

He also did a ton of other voice over work, but it's too long to list it, and none of it really interests me outside of what I mentioned.

quote:

I have that whole monologue memorized from Samuel L. Jackson...greatness. He's definitely, "Superfly TNT"...thats for sure.

"When I was finished the towel didn't look like no goddamn maxi pad!"
Pie_Junkie 08-02-2005 12:05 AM
I love that movie. I wish when I opened suitcases that a gold glow would appear. I love the part in the apartment. "Say what one more time."