[Suggestion] Paradigm City Anime Award

Seraphim 08-25-2004 02:34 PM
I was thinking, it would be neat to have a little thing every three or so months called the "Paradigm City Anime Award". We'd have some nominees of sites that are non-PCF (and they don't have to necessarily be the sites of our members - maybe we'd only do non-PCF member sites) and then vote on it. Then we give the winning site a "Paradigm City Anime Award".

This would serve several purposes:

1. It would be fun/cool.
  2. It would bring in new users - spreading the word about the forums.
  3. It would be an effective means of "spreading the word" about Big O and the "Save Big O" effort.

So what do you guys think?

(Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be tri-monthly, but whatever interval works)
Prons 08-25-2004 03:50 PM
What exactly are we voting for?
Which other Anime sites are the best? Which Anime is the best?
BethMcBeth 08-25-2004 04:45 PM
I think it would be a cool idea!! That way would deffently spread the word around about the Big O series.
Seraphim 08-25-2004 05:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
What exactly are we voting for?
Which other Anime sites are the best? Which Anime is the best?

It's an award for an overall best anime site.
evanASF27 08-25-2004 05:21 PM
Is it really fair to judge someone else's site? Though you might think it fun and harmless someone might be offended if they worked hard and didn't get the award.
Seraphim 08-25-2004 05:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Is it really fair to judge someone else's site? Though you might think it fun and harmless someone might be offended if they worked hard and didn't get the award.

Well, for one, it would be non-PCF member sites.

And anyway, sites give awards like this ALL the time. Besides, you can use that same argument for the forum awards (and didn't you run those once?)
evanASF27 08-25-2004 05:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
quote:

Well, for one, it would be non-PCF member sites.

And anyway, sites give awards like this ALL the time. Besides, you can use that same argument for the forum awards (and didn't you run those once?)

well 1) we pretty much know each other here, so I'm thinking there weren't too many badfeelings about not getting voted, 2) if any one had a complaint they could have spoken up.

But the deal with other peoples sites is, what if they find out about it and then come here and rant about it?
Seraphim 08-25-2004 06:03 PM
quote:
well 1) we pretty much know each other here, so I'm thinking there weren't too many badfeelings about not getting voted, 2) if any one had a complaint they could have spoken up.

But the deal with other peoples sites is, what if they find out about it and then come here and rant about it?

I doubt many sites are going to complain about getting an award for being great. Roll Eyes Forums and sites do things like this all the time.
evanASF27 08-25-2004 06:14 PM
quote:
quote:

I doubt many sites are going to complain about getting an award for being great. Roll Eyes Forums and sites do things like this all the time.

I meant those site who were up there but NOT chosen. :-/ OF COURSE YOU WOULDN'T COMPLAIN IF YOU GOT AN AWARD >_< silly Oh Well
Seraphim 08-25-2004 06:40 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant those site who were up there but NOT chosen. :-/ OF COURSE YOU WOULDN'T COMPLAIN IF YOU GOT AN AWARD >_< silly Oh Well

So? Wouldn't you be honored that out of all the anime sites in the net, you'd be considered one of our top 10 or so?
Mugiwara Luffy 08-25-2004 09:41 PM
Do people really care that much about what we think?
evanASF27 08-25-2004 09:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
Do people really care that much about what we think?

*points to the SAVE BIG O thread* (which is actually titled "It's Showtime!")
...I hope they do Tongue
Mugiwara Luffy 08-25-2004 10:12 PM
Ah well then I guess it might be a good idea!
Krang 08-25-2004 11:25 PM
quote:
I was thinking, it would be neat to have a little thing every three or so months called the "Paradigm City Anime Award".

We'll have to consider it. It sounds like a fun idea and it would be good to help get the word out about Big O, but I'm just worried that it will end up like our anniversary contest in that there would be very few entries and a general lack of interest. The main problem would be getting the word out about the awards in the first place, since I'm not sure how many people actually read the news on the main page...
harshfire 08-25-2004 11:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
I was thinking, it would be neat to have a little thing every three or so months called the "Paradigm City Anime Award".

We'll have to consider it. It sounds like a fun idea and it would be good to help get the word out about Big O, but I'm just worried that it will end up like our anniversary contest in that there would be very few entries and a general lack of interest. The main problem would be getting the word out about the awards in the first place, since I'm not sure how many people actually read the news on the main page...

It is a good idea, but Krang's right. I don't know how many people would enter and if there's a good interest in it...maybe we could start a thread to get out the word of the contest?