[Suggestion] Increase User Text Size?

Seraphim 08-24-2004 11:34 PM
Hi. I was thinking, maybe we should increase the user text size or add another field where you can talk more in-depth about your life.
evanASF27 08-24-2004 11:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Hi. I was thinking, maybe we should increase the user text size or add another field where you can talk more in-depth about your life.

1) ...why??? There's really no need for it.

2) If people want to get to know others better, they ought to talk with them through PMs and IMs.
Seraphim 08-25-2004 12:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:

Sure, there is. I think people might benefit from being able to describe themselves a bit better.
Krang 08-25-2004 12:35 AM
Which user text do you mean? The text under your name (which is actually called the "user title" but I've seen it referred to as "user text"), or the one on your profile under your avatar?
evanASF27 08-25-2004 12:37 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:

Sure, there is. I think people might benefit from being able to describe themselves a bit better.

that was actually a response to the "increase user text size" bit. And my response to that "more description" thing is in #2. However I'd like to add that this isn't really a online dating service...if people want to find out what we're like they can 1) see our posts, 2) talk to us (via email, PM, IM, whathaveyou), 3) ask other members they know here what we're like.
The first of those 2 being alot better choices than the 3rd because opinions will vary from how people actually are.

*edit*
(sorry..I was typing this while krang was posting >.> )
Seraphim 08-25-2004 12:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Which user text do you mean? The text under your name (which is actually called the "user title" but I've seen it referred to as "user text"), or the one on your profile under your avatar?

The one in the profile under the avatar.

Evan: I know it's not an online dating service, but I think it'd be nicer to give people a little more room to express themselves in their profile.
Krang 08-25-2004 01:00 AM
Ok, I increased the size of the user text field from 250 to 300 for the Forum Veterans group (and the mod groups while I was at it).
Seraphim 08-25-2004 01:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Ok, I increased the size of the user text field from 250 to 300 for the Forum Veterans group (and the mod groups while I was at it).

Ooooh, neat. Thanks, Krang! Anime Smile
Prons 08-25-2004 05:51 AM
Cool, now can we raise the Custom User Text limit so I can put the entire Lyrics to "In-A-Gada-DA-Vida" in my user text? Okay, Okay, I am obviously kidding!