Ludacris!

NightRanger 08-24-2004 01:46 PM
Another one of the best rappers of today. He's really talented, and he's kinda funny too.

I don't got any of his CDs (but I do plan on getting them starting with Word of Mouf), but the songs of his I've heard that I like so far are:

Roll Out (My Business)
Move, B***h
Blow It Out (Remix feat. 50 Cent)
Higher (Performed by Twista featuring Ludacris)

Here's a great Yahoo! club for Ludacris fans that I found:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ludacris_B...yguid=187950964
Travis Bickle 08-24-2004 04:39 PM
Yo, homes! Ludacris be da fattest thing this side of da ghetto, yo. He be rollin on 20's and pimpin dem bitches! No doubt! It all about da rims, yo!
ebie 08-24-2004 05:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ignignokt
Yo, homes! Ludacris be da fattest thing this side of da ghetto, yo. He be rollin on 20's and pimpin dem bitches! No doubt! It all about da rims, yo!

If that was supposed to be funny becase it wasn't.
Anyways I don't really like his music but he is kinda cute.
NightRanger 08-24-2004 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Kittie Gurl Ebie
quote:

Well he's better than this overrated crap like Outkast and *shudders* KANYE WEST. Roll Eyes
Travis Bickle 08-24-2004 05:27 PM
quote:
quote:

It wasn't supposed to be funny. It was mocking it. There was more, but I got rid of it. But, m'lady, I'll add it again (if I can remember it).

Ludacris is a generic rapper who raps about bitches and blunts and 40s and pimped out cars and crap like that. There are a million rappers just like him. However, he somehow got lucky. How? Just like the answer to how many licks take to get to the center of a tootsie pop: the world will never know.
NightRanger 08-24-2004 05:29 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

It wasn't supposed to be funny. It was mocking it. There was more, but I got rid of it. But, m'lady, I'll add it again (if I can remember it).

Ludacris is a generic rapper who raps about bitches and blunts and 40s and pimped out cars and crap like that. There are a million rappers just like him. However, he somehow got lucky. How? Just like the answer to how many licks take to get to the center of a tootsie pop: the world will never know.

Look, hip hop has changed. Deal with it. 50, Luda, Chingy, Twista, Jay-Z, they the leaders of today's rap.
ebie 08-24-2004 05:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NightRanger
quote:
quote:

Well he's better than this overrated crap like Outkast and *shudders* KANYE WEST. Roll Eyes

Really I reather listen to Kany West you know he is rapping about more then smoking and drinking crap like that.Outkast is kinda over rated
Mike 08-24-2004 05:51 PM
Wow, you sure get defensive pretty quick.

Not everyone likes people who sing about bling-bling and bitches and blunts all the time. I know I don't.
Kanye West is cool, he actually has something to say. I like Outkast too.
And Black Eyed Peas rule.
Travis Bickle 08-24-2004 05:55 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Look, hip hop has changed. Deal with it. 50, Luda, Chingy, Twista, Jay-Z, they the leaders of today's rap.

Indeed they are. However, has it changed for the better? I don't think so. They can't ammount to Grandmaster Flash, NWA, Run DMC, and a select few of other great rappers.

Besides, they're sleazebags. 50 sold drugs in the Bronx. Jay Z sold crack to kids. I saw an interview with him once. It went a little something like this:

Interviewer: Jay Z. You're a sucse3ssfull rapper with a very sucsessful record label. However, before all this, you sold drugs to kids on the streets of New York

jay Z: Yeah, well times were hard and you did what ya had to do, y'know?

Interviewer: But you sold drugs to kids!?

Jay Z: well, it's all about respect and representin who you are on the streets back then, but now it's all good

Interviewer: But you sold drugs to kids!

That wasn't exact, but quite like it. It was on some CBS news program.

Edit: Kanye West is an exception. He's one of those current rappers that are actually good and stay true to the art of rapping (not like there is any art). Old Outkast is good, too.
ebie 08-24-2004 06:06 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Indeed they are. However, has it changed for the better? I don't think so. They can't ammount to Grandmaster Flash, NWA, Run DMC, and a select few of other great rappers.

Besides, they're sleazebags. 50 sold drugs in the Bronx. Jay Z sold crack to kids. I saw an interview with him once. It went a little something like this:

Interviewer: Jay Z. You're a sucse3ssfull rapper with a very sucsessful record label. However, before all this, you sold drugs to kids on the streets of New York

jay Z: Yeah, well times were hard and you did what ya had to do, y'know?

Interviewer: But you sold drugs to kids!?

Jay Z: well, it's all about respect and representin who you are on the streets back then, but now it's all good

Interviewer: But you sold drugs to kids!

That wasn't exact, but quite like it. It was on some CBS news program.

what was the point of tell that story?
Travis Bickle 08-24-2004 06:10 PM
quote:
what was the point of tell that story?

Nothing really. Just something to prove that some people are total f*** ups.
NightRanger 08-24-2004 06:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
Wow, you sure get defensive pretty quick.

Not everyone likes people who sing about bling-bling and bitches and blunts all the time. I know I don't.
Kanye West is cool, he actually has something to say. I like Outkast too.
And Black Eyed Peas rule.

All of those guys suck, and I should know. And Bling Bling, bitches and hos are part of the reason rap is still fun to listen to.
And I agree with Kittie Gurl that Outkast is overrated, and they are VERY HIGHLY overrated! Just like Kanye. Smile )
Nine Kuze 03-23-2006 05:36 PM
quote:

Actually, I found this to be very funny even though he didn't mean for it to be. That's exactly why the hip-hop has reached incredibly and once impossibly thought lows. Because, to everyone's despair, this is how 95% of the rappers rap today.

quote:
All of those guys suck, and I should know

No offense, but it seems like you don't because those rappers are "the last great hope' for the hip-hop scene.

quote:
Besides, they're sleazebags. 50 sold drugs in the Bronx. Jay Z sold crack to kids.

Don't you listen to metal? What are you talkin' about sleazebugs for? I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But this is all true. But regardless, Jay-Z is however good and 50 Cent (at one point, a loooooooooooong time ago) was decent (at best).

quote:

I don't think you even realize the notion of the horror that this sentence carries. Except with the mention of Jay-Z, since he's President of Def-Jam, all this rappers suck... HARD. Luda is alright to a degree.

Anyway, regarding Ludacris, true he's generic but he's actually not TOO bad. Well, at least not as bad as you think. Coming from the ATL, he's better than A LOT of the crap that peddled out from the South. (TI, Lil' Flip, Bow Wow, Mike Jones. Trust me, I can keep going on...). Hell, at least he keeps it interesting and his alright when it comes to movies.
Peace.
David Ryder 03-23-2006 05:48 PM
Ludacris checklist:
1. No talent (check)
2. Tired worn out lyrics about "Da bitches", "foedys", and "Bling Bling" (check)
3. Flants the whole "I'm from the south yo." deal (check)
4. Appears in other rap/R&B video's for no reason (check)

And while I hate ludacris, I do agree with Nine, he is far from being the worst rapper from the south.

quote:

hahaha I'm glad this thread got brought back up, because that is f-ing hilarious.
Nine Kuze 03-23-2006 09:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Ludacris checklist:
1. No talent (check)
2. Tired worn out lyrics about "Da bitches", "foedys", and "Bling Bling" (check)
4. Appears in other rap/R&B video's for no reason (check)

And while I hate ludacris, I do agree with Nine, he is far from being the worst rapper from the south.

quote:

hahaha I'm glad this thread got brought back up, because that is f-ing hilarious.

I had to, my man. I had to. Don't get me wrong, Ludacris isn't that good but there are SOOOOOOO many other piss-poor rappers out there, I lost count and I've stopped asking questions.

And other replies were supporting Chingy and Twista but dissing Kanye West and Outkast, which makes no possible sense to me at all. That's like being in love with Dragonball Z but despising Big O. That's like hating an actor like Robert DeNiro but you love all of Hayden Christensen's movies. That's like thinking Carlos Mencia is the funniest thing around while thinking that Dave Chappelle should have stayed in Africa. That's like... well, I certainly hope you get the picture.
Peace.
Travis Bickle 03-23-2006 09:22 PM
He may suck horribly as a (c)rapper, but he was damn good in Hustle and Flow and Crash.
Nine Kuze 03-23-2006 09:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
He may suck horribly as a (c)rapper, but he was damn good in Hustle and Flow and Crash.

This is very much true. Although, after a while I was getting rather annoyed when he kept saying the same thing through the entire movie (Crash). But other than that, yeah, he was pretty damn good in them.

By the way, nice use of the parentheses.
Peace.
David Ryder 03-23-2006 10:00 PM
I see where your coming from nine, I also think it's funny that in this thread luda, and 50 are said to be better than Kanye (whom I can't stand but personal taste) and outcast (there ok), really it's like comparing apples and oranges.
Sharpshooter005 03-24-2006 04:01 AM
quote:
Deal with it. 50, Luda, Chingy, Twista, Jay-Z, they the leaders of today's rap.

You left out Coach Z, and his magnum opus "these peoples try to fade me"

(Too obscure?)

quote:
he actually has something to say.

"Im an egocentric, self-aggrandizing ass, buy my record".

Yeah, his message MUST be heard by society.

quote:

HOTLANTA.

Really though..yeah if you want this guys lyrical ability summed up for you, heres the entire song from "2 fast 2 furious", I've just sort of cut it down to its essentials.

"(Name of movie repeated six times) ACT DA FOOL (name of movie repeated six times) ACT DA FOOL. Something about NOS. ACT DA FOOL. (name of movie repeated six times) DURRRRRTY SOUTH BOY (name of movie repeated six times, fade out)."

...Ew why do I even remember any of that song. I need to remove this from my brain, GET ME A DRILL...

quote:
Hustle and Flow

On a slightly related note. I'd like to apologize for claiming the three six mafia winning an oscar was "the end of society", end quote.

It occured to me the other day that...from what little I'd heard of the other nominees in that category, theirs really was the better song. Whoops.

The fact they have an oscar...and Scorsese dosen't. Thats still really weird to me though.
Nine Kuze 03-24-2006 12:58 PM
quote:
"(Name of movie repeated six times) ACT DA FOOL (name of movie repeated six times) ACT DA FOOL. Something about NOS. ACT DA FOOL. (name of movie repeated six times) DURRRRRTY SOUTH BOY (name of movie repeated six times, fade out)."

I can't wait for the remix for The Fast and Furious 3 Movie.

quote:
On a slightly related note. I'd like to apologize for claiming the three six mafia winning an oscar was "the end of society", end quote.

It occured to me the other day that...from what little I'd heard of the other nominees in that category, theirs really was the better song. Whoops.

The fact they have an oscar...and Scorsese dosen't. Thats still really weird to me though.

Actually, that was the best song out of the three. At least when the artists performed at the Oscars, it was. I actually liked the Crash song but the Hustle and Flow song was much better. And olly Parton, well, she kind of scares me.

And the Scorsese thing, that is wrong. So-so wrong on so many different levels that I've lost count.