Ludacris!

David Ryder 03-24-2006 07:54 PM
quote:
DURRRRRTY SOUTH BOY

Alrighty, since sharp brought this up, what the f is the "dirty south"? is it some form of sub genre of rap or something? When I was in "hotlanta" I was looking at music DVD's and saw something on the "Dirty south", it said it was some sorta sub genre of rap, and something about fighting against "Discrimination" in the south. Just curious if that's what it actually is. So forgive me whiteness.

quote:
"these peoples try to fade me"

is that "hotlanta" talk for "they tryin' to turn me white son! HOTLANTA!!!!"?
Mike 03-24-2006 07:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
You left out Coach Z, and his magnum opus "these peoples try to fade me"

Great Jeoooorb!

But...yea...the whole "hotlanta" thing is just retarted. Just like the east coast/west coast war. At least this time, nobody got shot. Although, that would probably be good overall for humanity.

DURRRTYY SOUF is what rappers like to call where they're from because they're idiots.
Nine Kuze 03-25-2006 08:23 PM
quote:
"these peoples try to fade me"

It basically means that they're trying to kill you, or something else around that degree.

quote:
is that "hotlanta" talk for "they tryin' to turn me white son! HOTLANTA!!!!"?

This is the underground, hidden, real definition. But seriously... this is probably the better of the two.

quote:
Alrighty, since sharp brought this up, what the f is the "dirty south"?

Its just the style of hip-hop down in the South. They think (and they are) that they are underdogs in the game compared to the West Coast and the East Coast and their trying to come up with a different "and better" way to present hip-hop in a Southern style. Like all that crunk crap and "chopped and screwed".

quote:
DURRRTYY SOUF is what rappers like to call where they're from because they're idiots.

This is also another reliable defintion. Actually, if you don't want to read too much, then go for this one.

quote:
Just like the east coast/west coast war. At least this time, nobody got shot. Although, that would probably be good overall for humanity.

The East/West Coast rap war was interesting... for the first half hour. Then, yeah, it got really stupid and Tupac and Biggie were murdered, which sucks. Although, if a rap war started now, it will only be a HUGE benefit... to everyone whose involved with music. Imagine Usher, 50 Cent (hell, ALL of G-Unit with the expection of Lloyd Banks), Jermaine Dupri, and P.Diddy and 90% of all rappers being killed by rival gangs. That will leave only the good ones left who actually talk about something and enlightment will reach the hip-hop world.

I seriously don't see a flaw in this at all.

quote:
So forgive me whiteness.

Oh, sorry. I forgot to factor that part in. My regards. I'm kiddin'! I'm kiddin'! Big Grin
Peace.